Changes Could Be Coming !!!!!

8) According to the Spectator this morning, Coach Taaffe stated that he has to look at making some changes already !!!! He doesn't really want to start this habit already, but they gotta do what they gotta do !!! It is something they have to look at real closely !!!!!
 He goes on to say that the coaching staff also will adress "a few problems, scheme-wise"  !!!!!

The Ti-Cats were beat up worse coaching-wise than they were on the field. They have the talent to call a good game so they better remember how again really soon!

Coach Taaffe need look no further then himself! I mean the guy was hired on the strength of his 2 coach of the year honors, which where really misleading.

Charlie took over Montreal, a team that was complete and in championship form, I mean even Kerry Joseph could have coached that team lol.

Charlie came to Hamilton and immediately hired assts with no CFL experience, where are they now? That was the first red flag about Charlie! I saw it coming 2 years ago, why didn`t someone speak up at the time??? I did, but someone in the CFL should have advised Bob Young that this was a terrible decision.

Charlie has to go! I imagine within 6 weeks you will see Bob Obilovich promote himself to GM/HEAD COACH, but will it be to late by then...do it now OB

New Season, Same Old Story For The Cats

June 28 2008 Steve Milton

The Hamilton Spectator

click here

'...the Cats may already be pondering personnel switches.

And should be.

So are those of you who are drooling over this comment
sure about what is meant by ‘personnel switches’?

Toronto and Saskatchewan have some pretty good ball hawks in their lineups and they can't be given such an easy ride.

“It’s something we’ve got to
look at real closely,” Taaffe sighed.

"I hate to be in the business of
making changes every week.

But we’ve gotta do what we’ve gotta do."

Taaffe also conceded that while the bulk of the breakdowns
involved mental errors and individual misplays,

the coaching staff will address
“a few problems, scheme-wise.”

and hopefully, a coaching problem 'mental-wise

on 3rd downs with 1/2 a yard to go
so that it never happens again.

Its all well and good to make roster changes to improve play but how good can a guy ever really be when he isn't in there long enough to get comfortable and in turn really show his skills.

I don't think they need massive changes, the biggest problem on defence was the rush ends, they played a brutal game, whenever they got pressure they let Toni escape it and they allowed Montreal to slip screen passes by them all game, it's the ends job to sniff out screen passes and if the coaches can correct this then we will be ok.

And on offence we just can't be so predictable with the running game.

Against Toronto we have to line up with 6 receivers and attack their defence all game, flood their zones and don't be afraid to attack them deep. You can't do what Winnipeg did, that's what Toronto wants teams to do. They don't care if you run on them or throw short all game.

The D-ends weren't the only problem; so was the interior. Colbourne ran right up the middle for good yards all night and AC had too much time in the pocket. And where was Zeke? The middle was too soft.

An Argo-Cat fan

Bigger faster recievers, bigger faster db,s??? -- Not only is Charlee blaming his players he,s pointing the finger at the GM. O well only 3 more losses till Taf , takes the long walk _____ lmao 0 & 4 and there,s the door!!!

I don’t really blame the DT’s because Montreal came out throwing on every play and put together a lot of long drives early on, then when they started running it was a surprise and the line was pretty worn out by then.

The 90+yard drive shows that we can get it done, whoever was calling the plays there should be calling them all the time. The team should play like that all the time, they were aggressive, made plays, and were calm all while racing against the clock and executing a no-huddle offense.

That’s what they need to do. Let the players go out and have fun and make plays. some games they’ll get blown out but some games the talent and youth will shine and that’s how you build confidence.

Outwork, outrun, out hit your opponents.

Practice harder…

Have Fun.

You don’t build confidence running ding and dink offense and letting your defense out on the field for 38 minutes.

Some people have been asking..Where was Zeke?

He did not participate in the team's last workout
nor the walk-through prior to game day.

He told me he was all right, just resting.

I conclude that he has some 'hurts.'

Draw your own conclusions, folks.

Out worked outplayed whatever - It starts with Charlie T and staff. Stop the same old crap we that have new players. Improve your leadership and work ethic. Instill a proper work ehtic that includes DISCIPLINE. I am personaly sick and tired of Charlie and his double talk. Starts with you my friend and with your assistant coaches. Certainly you could have come up with a much better sceem other that high school crap I witnessed Thursday night.

Armchair ( Tiger Cat ) ONLY fan.

[quote]Mike54 wrote:
The 90+yard drive shows that we can get it done, whoever was calling the plays there should be calling them all the time. The team should play like that all the time, they were aggressive, made plays, and were calm all while racing against the clock and executing a no-huddle offense.

I wouldn't put much positive emphasis into the 90 yards Montreal GAVE us towards the end of the game. They new they had the game won by then and therefore, gave us lots of field.

No way, that 90+yard drive was at the end of the 2nd quarter, we were still in the game, 16-3, with 2 quarters left.

Plays: 8 Possession: 1:13
HAMILTON at 1:53
1 - 10 - H2 (1:53) C. PRINTERS Completed Pass to P. WOODCOCK (17 yds), Tackle: T. HILL
1 - 10 - H19 (1:47) C. PRINTERS Completed Pass to S. MITCHELL (14 yds), Tackle: T. HILL
1 - 10 - H33 (1:29) C. PRINTERS Completed Pass to P. WOODCOCK (18 yds), Tackle: D. SANCHEZ
1 - 10 - M51 (1:14) C. PRINTERS Incomplete Pass intended for J. LUMSDEN , D. CLAYBROOKS Pass Knocked Down
PENALTY HAMILTON: J. WOODARD Holding (10 yds)
1 - 20 - H49 (1:10) C. PRINTERS Run (16 yds), Tackle: C. COX
0 - 0 - (00:57) Tackle: T. HILL
1 - 10 - M40 (00:46) C. PRINTERS Completed Pass to P. WOODCOCK (31 yds), Tackle: M. ESTELLE
1 - 9 - M9 (00:30) C. PRINTERS Incomplete Pass intended for S. MITCHELL
2 - 9 - M9 (00:26) C. PRINTERS Incomplete Pass intended for P. WOODCOCK , R. DREW Pass Knocked Down
2 - 9 - M9 (00:20) N. SETTA Field Goal (17 yds) - Field Goal
SCORING DRIVE: 10 Plays, 99 Yards, 1:33

Bigger faster recievers, bigger faster db,s??? -- Not only is Charlee blaming his players he,s pointing the finger at the GM. O well only 3 more losses till Taf , takes the long walk _____ lmao 0 & 4 and there,s the door!!!
This quote...hits the nail right on the head. I think I would have a great deal more respect for the Coaching Staff if they were not so fast to always " dump " on the players.... That's the easy, and wrong way out. IMO I think it's long overdue...that the Coaching Staff took a long look in the mirror, at themselves. They lost to Montreal because of " one " reason only, the Cats were out-coached....period. No half-time ajustments were made, the defencive line-ups were wrong on most plays..and I could go on and on. If the players ( with-out much direction from Charlie and crew ) had not played their guts out...the score for Montreal would have been much higher. Shame on you...Charlie Taaffe, 'again'.

^^^^^ and it's the easy way out for fans to blame coaches. Fact is we're littered with young players and young players are somewhat dumb and will make dumb mistakes. There was problems in coaching but there was also tons of mistakes made by the players.

and it's the easy way out for fans to blame coaches. Fact is we're littered with young players and young players are somewhat dumb and will make dumb mistakes. There was problems in coaching but there was also tons of mistakes made by the players
Yes, Drexl....there was ton's of mistakes by players, I agree. But come on man... look at all the new guys on the roster, many playing in their first CFL game. Of course they are going to take stupid calls, off side, etc. That's part of the package, in the first game or two. What makes me so dam angry...is that Taaffe has always been so quick to "always blame the players" for everything...period. And that is wrong....plain and simple.

Cheers.

Ok...Let's take the offensive line. It was IMO a top 3 OL last season. considering its youth you would expect that it would at least be equal if not better then last season but it wasn't on Thursday. Bellefeuille's offense is a killer on an Oline. Even Taffe twice now publicly has questionned scheming on the offense and guess what, that is exactly what started the war in Montreal last seaon. By mid-season the Oline coach and Bellefeuille wouldn't even look at each other.

Anyone want to blame the Oline for the four sacks and the offense?

Anyone want to blame the Oline for the four sacks and the offense?
OK..HfxTC, work with the problem on the O-line. Work with the problem on the Defence. Taaffe's answer is the "revolving door" policy. That's B/S...period. How can you get players to gel and overcome their mistakes when you keep changing players game in and game out. We saw far too much of that crap last year. Did that formula work...NO. Already that's Taaffe's reaction for this season. Wrong...Wrong...Wrong. I can see it now...the players are lining up beside each other, it does not matter if it's Offence or Defence, and the one Cat player says to the other...Hi my name is Fred, whats yours? Hi Fred, I'm Jack, by the way...what was that play called in from the sidlines again ? I rest my case.

Cheers.