Changements au règlements

Un comité de la ligue va proposer des changements significatifs aux règlements.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl-rules-committee-pitches-major-changes-1.241162

Pour ma part, le seul changement que je verrais d'un bon oeil, ce serait de reporter le conveti de 1 point à 32 verges au lieu de 15. Toutes les autres propositions m'apparaissent être des erreurs.

• I wanted the abolition of the PAT entirely, most useless and boring play in football. Moving it out, and moving in the 2pt convert to the 3yd line is another way to go.. I'm fine with it. Possibility for a 3pt convert from the 10? Why not.
    Will make for more drama late in games.

• Interior linemen not being able to run out until the ball is caught on punts? I just see a flag-fest happening, tough to judge for both players and refs. Aside from that the Als already couldn't cover on special teams, imagine now, ugh. Same on the other side of it, pretty much every other team has a better return man & game.. and will be better equipped to take advantage of this than us.

• No more contact after 5 yards? This is an overreaction to offenses struggling of late. The reason for that wasn't the rules but the decline in skill/talent at the QB position. Here they are trying to make up for it by making an already tough job to cover on the wide field impossible. And again this hurts the Als more than most, we have a very grabby secondary.
    This puts the onus on pressure getting to the QB more than ever, we'll need to have better pressure from a 4-man rush than we've had in a while, or we'll pay a much harsher price when our blitz-all-the-time D doesn't get to the QB in time this year.
    This one is the rule that has the potential to impact the game the most, depending how they call it.. it could really be a disaster.

From an Als fan perspective, I was already worried about the QB position.. now these rules that I figure will hurt us more than most, not a good feeling.

Glen Suitor se dit favorable au changement de règlement à propos de l'absence de contact sur un receveur passé 5 verges.

Pour ma part, je crois que cette mesure va nuire au jeu en ce que le couvreur sera trop limité dans ses capacités de protection.

Il est connu qu'avec un bon quart, le seul fait d'étirer le jeu confère souvent un avantage aux receveurs sur les couvreurs. On parle ici du football joué avec les règlements actuels. Imaginez ce que ce serait si aucun contact ne sera permis passé 5 verges. Je crois qu'il y aura trop de poussées offensives qui seront soutenues à cause de punitions et pas assez à cause de l'exécution des jeux.

Si le but est de réduire les batailles de mains ou le demi défensif qui défend sa position, il suffit de clarifier ce que sera dorénavant la position de l'arbitrage face à ces situations. Mais interdire tout contact me semble être comme prescrire la guillotine à quelqu'un qui a un mal de tête.

When you see what the rule changes are especially concerning contact. Signing veteran receivers will make Popp look like a genius...

[url=http://www.985sports.ca/lecteur/audio/football-lcf-plusieurs-changements-proposes-au-265516.mp3]http://www.985sports.ca/lecteur/audio/f ... 265516.mp3[/url]

I hate these rules changes. One year of lower scoring because an expansion team is a. existing and b. diluting the talent pool and suddenly we have to kneecap defences for adapting and excelling. Eff that noise. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

I understand where you are coming from but the interference on both sides got so bad that they had to do something. Players are going to have to play the ball. IMO it was this or go to four downs.

Est-il nécessaire de changer la règle elle-même? Il est possible de préciser aux équipes comment la règle actuelle sera interprétée à l'avenir et appliquée sur le terrain. Les équipes pourraient passer la consigne et les joueurs devront s'adapter avec le temps. La proposition actuelle est un peu trop drastique selon moi.

Going to have to disagree. To me, the big issues are national talent dilution and the extra DI being used to rotate in a D-lineman. Make that DI position offence-only and mandate that teams start at least two nationals on defence and you'll see a big difference. And drop the starting national number per team from 7 to 6.

Inersting take on the 5 yard rule in that will bring more pressure to the QB. I dont know if Crompton or lefevour is the answer but I feel they are moving in the right direction.
I think you may be underestimating your team a bit. Still the best Oline unit in the CFL. AC knowledge of recent defenses and protection to go with Shonert long offensive coaching resume will be the perfect combo.
I have a sense by the players they have and have aquired on offense that we will see more use of the TEs/FBs they have. Siilar to Lavoi in his his first season with AC.
As for your teams play. Now that Trestman is gone they do have 2 or 3 top return guys now. A FT Team CO. will make coaverage teams much much better.

These new rules have the potential to make the game more exciting but the devil is in the details. If the officials are on board then it has a chance.

Well, I approve of the proposed changes to the convert. One point converts are the most useless, boring play in the game so I sure won't miss that.

But otherwise, being as I prefer defence to offence, I am not in favour of most of the other proposals. I'm with d&p.

Just to remind everyone...the "5 yard rule"for no contact by defense on a receiver has been in place in the NFL for years.

This is not a new concept by any means.

I see where your coming from but that DI position is on the coach and GM. As for lowering the ratio. no way. I know the NFL is grabbing the best Canadian talent. But like every other NFL player 99% last a max of 3 years. A whole generation of great players are exploding out of Quebec now. The more universal dual citizenship, especially among former imports who had kids born in Canada, are emerging.
Its already leveling out faster than you think.

Oui, mais dans la NFL, les receveurs sont immobiles avant la remise. Dans la LCF, les receveurs peuvent être à pleine vitesse lors de la remise, ce qui justifie les 10 verges sans contact au lieu de 5.

I see where your coming from but that DI position is on the coach and GM. As for lowering the ratio. no way. I know the NFL is grabbing the best Canadian talent. But like every other NFL player 99% last a max of 3 years. A whole generation of great players are exploding out of Quebec now. The more universal dual citizenship, especially among former imports who had kids born in Canada, are emerging.
Its already leveling out faster than you think.
[/quote]
Je suis d'accord avec cette vision. Je crois que la règle du ratio doit demeurer inchangée. Les équipes vont s'ajuster au nouveau régime mis en place l'an dernier et la qualité générale des joueurs canadiens ne cesse de s'améliorer. Pour ma part, on voit régulièrement des joueurs américains s'amener dans la LCF et qui s'avèrent ne pas être aussi bons que des canadiens. C'est un préjugé que de croire qu'un joueur américain est nécesairement meilleur qu'un joueur canadien. C'est une vérité de prétendre qu'il y a plus de bons joueurs américains que de bons joueurs canadiens. Cela dit, cette vérité ne justifie pas de réduire encore le ratio de joueurs canadiens parmi les équipes de la ligue. Compte tenu des progrès que font les équipes du SIC, le temps n'est pas si loin où il faudrait l'augmenter.

There was a time not that long ago when you had 11 starting Canadians. We now have 3 times the University programs plus all the CEGEP and Junior. Camps year round and much better coaching. So ratio is not the issue. D's idea of mandating how man play on defense and offense would help balance things out but the problem is you would increase the salaries of a select few imports even more. What is needed is for the SMS to have a max per player and measured for Imports and Canadians separately.

are you saying that the league should mandate a ceiling salary for an individual import player? And a separate ceiling salary for an individual Canadian player?

No. I am saying there should be a MAX limit on what a player should make regardless of his nationality and the total SMS should be split in two percentages as to how much dollars a team can spend on each roster (National/IMPORT). Don't know exactly what the percentage that would depend on how your factor QB's I guess.

I can understand where a max ceiling could be useful as far as spreading out parity in payroll.. But where would splitting the National/Import rosters into two SMS caps be useful as far as improving play or balance?