CHANGE THE SCHEDULE!

which is why no teams should have double headers, end of the season should be who is the best team, not which team was the dirtiest(thus took out players in game 1, and went for the easy win in game 2) or which team is the luckiest(hitting the most injured teams for their home/homes)

yes Luck is always a factor but spread it out!
it's so easy to do dangit.

IF you are going to play your division rivals more often, then logistically their is a greater chance of a need to do a back to back. This is even more so, if you agree with certain back to backs on Labour Day.

Last years sched was bad in part because of the folding of Ottawa as it would have been difficult to shift BC and TO dates as there is lots of competition for using their facilities.

You sometimes need back to back games to keep a rivalry strong for the fans.
Sask vs Winnipeg in the Labour Day classic and then the rematch at the Banjo Bowl a week later is awesome.
Who could ask for a better rivalry.

Back to back games are scheduled to save money on travel. You get a better deal with airlines on return tickets where you stay at your destination for a week or two. For example, Wpg buys a return flight to Edm which arrives in Edm the day before the game. Edm buys a return flight to Wpg which leaves just after the game, only it's the Wpg team takes that flight. Edm uses the Wpg return tickets one week later to get to Wpg, then uses their own return tickets to get home afterward.

The CFL is still at a point of having to save every dime it can. While we hate the back to back games they are a necessary evil in keeping travel expenses at a minimum.

What???
Teams need to book their travel either way.

how does it change travel expense for Calgary if Winnipeg plays them in Week 17 or if Saskatchewan does?

Winnipeg isn’t heading to Calgary the same time.
Calgary goes home the day after the game, Winnipeg leaves the day before the game, there is a difference of… 4 days?

The only way the schedule can be made to lower expenses is if teams get rid of 2 away games on 1 trip.
Examples:
playing a sunday game in Edmonton and a Friday game in Calgary
or TO then Hamilton.

That sort of scheduling can easily be done.
But home/homes save no money expense wise.

Barons, I’ve said the Rider/Bombers or Lions/Als Labour home/homes(along with all other Labour day home/homes) are good and that those are the only ones that should be allowed to be home and homes.

That rivalry is there, why is the CFL trying to create(and failing) by having this home and home Hamilton vs. Winnipeg?(week 5 and 6)
Calgary vs. Winnipeg?(week 16/17 I beleive)

Edmonton vs. Winnipeg series finished in 3 weeks(second year in a row)
MTL vs. Winnipeg 2 times in 3 weeks.

It’s a huge annoyance as a fan, it makes things boring.

I want to know how the WBB match up against Calgary and BC and TO now.

Instead I need to wait until week 7 for a BC game, week 9 for a TO game and week 16!!! for a Calgary game.
Labour day home and homes are fine, I can only watch Green vs. Blue in early september that’s allowed, but the thing is the schedule does not need to be like that for 3 of the 4 WBB Series vs. the west.
Why is the BCL series the only one slightly spread out.

The thing that annoys me the most, is the league did this and had every ability to avoid it.

SIMPLE SOLUTION!

Week 1 change:
Calgary @ Edmonton
WPG @ Hamilton

Week 6:
WPG @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Calgary

AND:
Week 12:
Ham @ SSK
WPG @ CAL

Week 17:
SSK @ CAL
WPG @ HAM

Series are now spread out.
Manitoba vs. Alberta Series are now played over 4 weeks and 5 weeks respectively(instead of 3 and 2)
these changes can be done… could have been done without effecting other teams schedules

Not sure which airline you are flying these days, but both westjet and aircanada now charge based on oneway fares and the min. stay requirement is basically gone except for some overseas flights.

hey barnesy 7, stop calling in sick to work so you can
take all day in your pj's and coke can hat with the straws that come into your mouth, trying to solve all of the cfl's shortcomings. that's the only reason i can come up with as to why you go thru all that time and trouble to try and figure out what doesn't need to be figured out.great effort though, impressive.

CITY LEGEND

Effort?
didn't take any effort. lol.

Just look at the schedule and see how it looks.
how long do you think it took to find how to fix such a simple problem? call in sick, haha. switching those 8 games around took 5 to 10 minutes.

Coca cola hat would rock. I should get one, but 2 cokes in a day is alot.

City Legend do you like home and homes?
I find it boring + annoying to see the season series done in 2 weeks.
I don't know of any sport other then Baseball in which playing more then 1 game in a row vs. a single team during the regular season is needed.

Shouldn't happen in Hockey, Basketball OR football. it hurts the excitment of the game + fan build up.

Wow. Edmonton's schedule is really bad toward the end of the season. According to their website:

Week 11: Montreal
Week 12: @Montreal
Week 13: Toronto
Week 14: @Toronto
Week 15: B.C.
Week 16: @B.C.

:?