Chang Needs To Be QB!

You guys can discuss this issue until you
are blue in the face and nothing will change!
Taaffe will make no changes because no
changes are needed.
What 'change' will happen will be your
opinion of MAAS after a few win's. :cowboy:

My opinion is based on a LOT of losses,over 2 seasons, a FEW wins wont change it now.

I'd prefer an exciting Offence and a boring Hamilton style Defence that wins games .

Then you are very closed minded! I look at very
aspect of the game and fix what needs the most
attention. QBing is fine right now. We need to work
on the O-line without changing the QB. Once the
O-line is functioning properly, then you can try
a different QB and see now the O-line reacts to that QB. Fix the teams weakest spots first before you
make other changes. I know I use to coach. :cowboy:

qb is the weakest spot

I see am wasting my breath. Have a great DAY!

I win

:rockin: :lol: :lol:

No everyone else is wasting their breath with subborn guys like you who dismiss hard concrete facts with your own weird logic. The fact is our o-line and group of receivers is no worse off than any other team in the league. We need a q.b who is going to make the throws to win us ball games, not someone who is going to settle for safe 5 yards passes all game.

sigh

So would I, too bad we’re not winning. You have it all backwards as to which q.b will win.

It might be important to note that Tony Romo sat on the bench for 3 seasons without taking a snap before he got the call to replace a struggling Drew Bledsoe.

I could go on for days about the Cowboys but I won’t since this is a Ticat forum! :wink:

Food for thought …

• paul

Me too, where are the wins?

Yes and isn’t Romo the same age as Chang?

Also Bledsoe has said that for the last 3 years he knew that if he was ever injured he would not have gotten his job back.

I know we all disagree sometimes but this quote is really perplexing.

Are you advocating playing Maas based upon his winning ??
If so, you have just proven yourself wrong. No need for anyone to argue with you now. :?

sigh!!! :cowboy:

The next four games will dictate what Taaffe does with the QB spot. If Maas and the Ticats can somehow string together 4 wins in a row you will see Maas finish out the season as we try an make a push for the playoffs. If we go 0-4 then I think you will see Taaffe insert Chang and get him some playing time and experiance for next season. I'd rather win the next 4 with Maas or Chang and I don't care if its boring or exciting as long as the end result is a W

If the Ti-Cats were truly operating under the assumption that experience trumps performance, we would still have a roster full of veteran players.

Rookie linebackers, rookie receivers, rookie linemen... It's time to give the kid a shot.

Well, the guy who gets paid to make these decisions and has over 20 years experience in this field disagres with your and everybody else’s assessment that “we might as well start Chang”. That guy is Charlie Taaffe. For the record seing as how you like to quote facts. How about the statement from Taaffe after the last game, i’m paraprasing, but, Taaffe said something along the lines of “Our O-line and receivers have to be much better if we are going to be able to win games.” So clearly Taaffe is admitting there is more to the losses than just Jason Maas.

Taaffe also has put Timmy into games earlier in the year only to see he felt Timmy isn’t ready.

Has anybody ever watched the movie a few good men? When Tom Cruise’s character asks Jack Nicholson’s charater “If you ordered Santiago was not to be touched…then why was he being transferred of the base?” That question could not be answered.

The “I want Chang in for whatever reason” crowd should really ask themselves one question.

If the coach is admitting that the losses are not soley because of quarterback Jason Maas, then why would you expect a different result with Timmy Chang?

Look, Chang reminds me of a young Calvillo, gunslinger with lots of confidence and exciting. I think the worst thing you could do to him is put him out there with an O-line and receiving crew that are not executing yet. You could destroy the confidence and possible usefullness of a talented player with a future.

The worst thing that could happen to Timmy Chang right now would be to start, and Taaffe knows this folks, he knows the kid is not good enough right now to overcome the shortcommings of the rest of the offense. Maas starts while the young offense gets it together.

I get it, Taaffe gets it, and while the losses are unfortunate - that’s just the way it goes sometimes.

If Chang gets to start, actually start a game it will be because Taaffe feels the Offense is ready to be able to support him and not destroy him.

And to follow your line of thinking...lol..."who asked for the truth"?

The guy who answered "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"...was lead away in handcuffs!

End of Story...lol.

We need to examine "all avenues" in order to acheive our goals. To say someone "isn't ready" without giving them a Real Chance, is just plain wrong!