Chang is not ready to start!!!

Give the ball to Chang from the get go. It will be a whole different offence.

IT'S WEEK 2! New coaches, new players, same impatience... 3 out of 4 teams make the playoffs, Chang will start and give this team the best chance of being the 3rd team.

Ya..Start chang let him struggle, watch his
confidence drop and his skills start to digress!!! :thdn:

what makes you think his confidence will drop and skills digress... aside from your post

Ya..Start Maas let him struggle, watch his
confidence drop and his skills start to digress!!!

Oh sorry, it's July 2007. I have seen THAT bad movie before.

;)

Oski Wee Wee,

Great IDEA !! Then we will have two QB's that
will be struggling instead of one!!!

Ease Chang along and he will make an excellent QB
don't throw him to the DOG's!!!!!

This thread should be deleted on the basis that Chang is the most exciting thing to watch in Ivor Wynne since the parachute guys smashed into the trees at the 2001 labour day game.

the wave was entertaining tonite...lol

This is exactly correct. Teams playing @ Hawaii have a disadvantage because its a very long trip to a different time zone that involves jet lag, the games are played generally at about 12:30 AM eastern time which is tiring for defenses and there are many distractions to young players who have never been to Hawaii before.

Keep in mind that in the NCAA teams bid to play each other years in advance and then the schedule is set based on that. So no big name teams ever bid or accept bids to play against Hawaii because it could be a disaster for them. No big name school wants to risk its position and chance at a bowl game or national championship and future recruitment efforts by losing in Hawaii so about the best teams they ever get to play are Nevada and Boise State.

Add to that the fact that they play a high-octane passing style and their game totals are often over the 70 point mark and its not hard to see why Chang looks great on paper but was entirely passed over by the NFL.

He may well turn out to be a great CFL quarterback but to throw him to the wolves now on this team with a seriously sub-par receiving corps and offensive line will just shatter his confidence and burn him out. If he is the team's future he needs to be tutored for now and played when he is ready.

I agree with the above comment. it is week #5
now and we are improving every game. continue
holding off on starting chang for a little
while yet!!!!!!!

[/quote]
GOTC WROTE...

while yet!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Until when --- 0 and 5 ? , or 0 and 6 ? no wait....
0 and 7 might be better or maybe we should wait until we're 0 and 8?
Or officially eliminated again by September---that way he will have no pressure!
Yes --- 0 and 8 it is!

In a perfect world we could bring Chang along slowly. However, we are 0 and 4 and averaging 12 points a game with a QB who has lost consistently and played poorly going back to the beginning of last year -- for whatever reason--I suspect his health--he isn't producing, but sympathy for him is not getting us any W's.

GOTC WROTE...

while yet!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Until when --- 0 and 5 ? , or 0 and 6 ? no wait....
0 and 7 might be better or maybe we should wait until we're 0 and 8?
Or officially eliminated again by September---that way he will have no pressure!
Yes --- 0 and 8 it is!

In a perfect world we could bring Chang along slowly. However, we are 0 and 4 and averaging 12 points a game with a QB who has lost consistently and played poorly going back to the beginning of last year -- for whatever reason--I suspect his health--he isn't producing, but sympathy for him is not getting us any W's.
[/quote]
vey well said tomboy. i couldnt agree more

It's clear that you just don't like Maas, despite the fact that your coach says Maas gives us the best chance to win.

I'm curious what do you see in Timmy that makes you think that the Cats fortunes will immediately change if we make Timmy the starter?

What have we gained if Timmy starts the next 4 games, shows a little rust, we lose 4 close games and are 0-8 and the pressure to win increases with each game. I'll tell you what will happen, he will try to do too much he won't be effective and he will struggle.

He played in the Toronto game, He played in the Montreal game and Charlie has said and I agree he just did not show enough to warrant starting him over Jason to give the Cats any better chance of winning the game.

Despite his faults the coach believes Jason is still at this point the best option at QB, why can't you accept that?

Explain to me what Maas has done? 4 and 14 and
0 and 4.
Is Chang the answer? We don't know but we won't find out if he doesn't play.
I don't dislike Maas. He was good, but now he isn't for whatever reason. I'm glad you can tell me what Chang will do.....you have a special gift.
I'm not telling you what Maas will do, or might do, but what he has done.
He has lost 18 games out of 22. OUCH!!

I would suggest you forget last year in your analysis. We are 0-4 your are correct.

You say start Chang and we will be better, you offer no insight as to why...just to try it because it can't be worse.

I'm not a scout or a coach, so I trust those that are and our coach whom I trust when it comes to QB's in talent evaluation says that Timmy is not ready and Jason is our best option.

Why do you feel Chang is ready to start when our coach says he's not.

I'm not pro-Maas or anti-Chang. I'm pro Taaffe and if Charlie tells me Jason is our best shot right now, I'm going to buy in - Charlie has earned my respect.

I don't have to defend to you why an 0-4 Maas should play. Do I cringe when Maas throws a deep ball - yes. Do I cringe when Maas scrambles and no receivers try and work their way to the side of the field he scrambles to so they can make a play - yes.

In the end though it comes down to Charlie saying Maas is our best option and you want Chang or Williams you don't care who just anybody but Maas and you offer no sound reason as to why that makes sense other than...it can't be any worse.

I just want to win, I don't care who starts at QB really I just want to win and the only persons judgement I trust in deciding who can best do that for us is Charlie Taaffe.....

Give me a reason to think otherwise

OK this season we are 0 and 4 and Maas has been brutal. A QB change won't hurt. I may not help but it can't hurt. Taffe is wrong IMO. Maas is our best chance to lose. You don't need proof. you've provided it yourself. Maas is not physically able to play