chang is a blue bomber

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=248074&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main]http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=248074& ... lines_main[/url]

wonder how long til we are kicking ourselves for this one

Chang was given starts in Hamilton and never lived up to the hype that he himself partially created by running his mouth to Taaffe behind Maas' back. He can throw a good ball, but has trouble reading defences in real games, and can't run away from danger as well as Printers, Williams, or even Porter.

Had Timmy taken better advantage of the chances he got it would be him and not Richie getting some valuable game reps. to build on.

Ham. is comfortably set at QB and dont have the time, need or the money to carry a fourth string project.

Look at Ages of our QB's

(1) Printers 27 Born 1981-05-16
(2) Williams 25 Born 1983-03-10(youngest QB)
(3) Porter 25 soon to be 26 Born 1982-12-28

Chang was 28 older Then All of them.
Plus he did nothing to show coaches he needed to stay.
Holders are Dime a Dozen
Porter has done okay with it

Reminds me of the day Marcus Brady left. How's he doing these days?

Holders are Dime a Dozen Porter has done okay with it
Actually Porter isn't doing okay with holding for Setta. I'm not saying Chang should have been kept just as a holder but I know Setta and Porter don't have the same chemistry.

ive noticed this too. Setta was so good last year with chang holding and was making all of his field goals in camp when Chang was holding, and with Porter holding he has been struggling.

Some people think it doesnt matter who the holder is but it does....

Chang's only good games have been the pre-season games against Winnipeg.

Guess he fooled them!

kever17: Answer: never.
I'm surprised he was kept around this long. Maybe he will do better in Winnipeg but he has never showed any signs of being a threat so far. Good luck to him though.

Chang was never really given a chance here. I don't think throwing him in against the CFL's best defence (Toronto) on the CFLs worst offensive team with the worst OC is exactly giving the guy a chance. This year, in my opinion, he was the best at training camp and by far the best in the preseason games. For some reason our coaching staff (which I have zero faith in) decides he's number four. I think Richie is number 2, in large part because he compliments Casey. Porter Number three -- I'm not sure why, he has really done nothing and shown nothing since coming here.His physical attributes may be impressive enough to keep him around. (Not that he has had been given enough time to make a decision either way.)
So, In my opinion, Chang will prove us wrong and we will some day in the not-to-distant future wish we had never traded him. He will be in the CFL long after these coaches of ours are long gone.

Exactly right.

In my opinion, Chang will prove us wrong and we will some day in the not-to-distant future wish we had never traded him. He will be in the CFL long after these coaches of ours are long gone.
That woulnd't surprise me at all.

Good luck Timmy!

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Timmy help Winnipeg right away.

And how, exactly, is he going to help Winnipeg "right away"?

Are they going to sit Kevin Glenn, eastern MVP last season, or Dinwiddie or Randall, to give playing time to a guy who was fourth string QB on the league's last place team?

I somehow doubt it; it will take a lot of time I think before Chang sees any meaningful game action in Winnipeg.

Didn’t say he would, just that it woulnd’t surprise me.

Winnipeg has looked desperate.

We have no reason to regret, letting Chang go. He was our 3rd string QB. For the first time in many years we have a lot of depth at QB.

Chang really didnt give himself a window, to stay here. He didnt take advantage of his chances when he was given a shot. This excludes preseason.

For some reason our coaching staff (which I have zero faith in) decides he's number four
I think the coaching staff has a little more experience at judging a players ability and his future potential than you do at this point !!!
So, In my opinion, Chang will prove us wrong and we will some day in the not-to-distant future wish we had never traded him. He
They did not trade him, they released him outright !!!

he was never going to get another shot with the cats

we don't need another prodigy who is 28 y.o.

porter is a few years younger and is going to be our work in progress

i hope timmy proves us wrong but you have to remember the situation has to be right for a qb to succeed. Unfortunately in Hamilton, it's tough to succeed as a QB, ask Calvillo, Maas, Brady.

This team has more important things do do right now then develope a 28 year old rookie QB.f That's an important roste spot.

It seems as if he did according to this quote from this article. It reminds me of what Desjardins said about Butler after trading for him.

"We've always liked him," Bombers general manager Brendan Taman told the Winnipeg Sun last week. "How we would fit him in is the question mark."

Anyway, I think Chang would only play late in the season if the Bombers games become meaningless by then. Or if Glenn and Dinwiddie get injured. He might get a few more chances to succeed in the CFL, but not very many considering his age. Some might say the chance he got here was not a fair one, going up against what was one of the league's best defences. But he does not seem to be very mobile and he tends to not throw with much authority. And considering Porter's age, Porter might be a better idea for a long-term project.

Only thing that worries me about Chang
is he know the Ticats Signals.

That may come back to Hurt us

No...come on...this is the CFL...players change teams all the time. There's plenty to worry about on our team, but the Bombers stealing signals isn't one of them...