Challenge to our Defense !!!!!!!

I challenge Adriano Belli to lead our defense the way his mouth does because the only time his name is called is for a offside penalty or roughing the passer penalty.I challenge our whole defensive team to make plays when it counts!Demonte Peterson make a play,Auggie start making plays,Cheatwood get some sacks,Dbs lets get some picks.There is no excuse for our defense to not keep us in the game and even dominate until our offense clicks.Kavis Reed show us why Greg Marshall has faith in you because us fans do not.Tiger cat football has always been about great tough defnsive play ,make them pay for every yard they gain and the fans will go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley:

Don't know if anyone noticed, but when Montreal went down the field easily and scored in the 3rd quarter, Belli came off the field, screaming at his teammates. He was so angry, that coached Marshall, Reed, and McPhee all had to go over to him to calm him down. Now if half the defence showed that passion, we wouldn't be in the mess we are already in for this season. So maybe challenge the rest of the defense, as is not one person who is not doing their jobs

Belli is certainly not the problem with the defence. We need Bobby Brooks on the field as a starter for one thing. He makes a ton of difference out there. Mariuz should also be starting.

The big problem seems to be the secondary. They're always out of position and seem to be confused. Basically all these guys were hear last year except Tay Cody, who incidently, has been our best db so far. Last year was the same story, we were getting burning all year long. Wayne Shaw is not doing the job at free safety. He could be kept as a backup at best.

I got faith we're going to get better, but I'm really concerned about out obvious, consistant confusion with the defensive secondary.

just my observations :cowboy:

Didn't see any preseason games, who is this Bobby Brooks character? Heard a lot of talk about him but have yet to see him play.

belli is wicked, he has the best inthusiasm ever, most on ur team i bett, him n hitchock get me n the team pumped!

what makes this bobby guy so special, he has not stood out on the field, he is not even close to as good as #39 is.

what makes this bobby guy so special, he has not stood out on the field, he is not even close to as good as #39 is.

Couldnt agree more!! Brooks has been in the last two games. Makes ONE tackle and more than a handful of critical errors and everyone wants him in? I'm confused. Is it because he is an import and its believed that MB's should be imported? Or is it that he is Rob Katz's big NFL find? Auggie has proved himself time and time again. He is only as good as those around him. He is one of the fastest linebackers in the CFL. He can cover the rush and pass and he does make tackles. No hes not American, is that what it all comes down too? Put Brooks in and watch him choke, then what will everyone say? Will everyone hate on him? Maybe and maybe some peole will see that Auggie has got what it takes

Couldnt agree more!! Brooks has been in the last two games. Makes ONE tackle and more than a handful of critical errors and everyone wants him in? I'm confused. Is it because he is an import and its believed that MB's should be imported? Or is it that he is Rob Katz's big NFL find? Auggie has proved himself time and time again. He is only as good as those around him. He is one of the fastest linebackers in the CFL. He can cover the rush and pass and he does make tackles. No hes not American, is that what it all comes down too? Put Brooks in and watch him choke, then what will everyone say? Will everyone hate on him? Maybe and maybe some peole will see that Auggie has got what it takes

Auggie gets run over time and time again. Brooks had a couple of nice INTs in the preseason. Auggie CAN make good tackles, but usually after a 5-7-yd gain. Brooks hits hard and wraps well.

Do you see a difference? I sure do…

Really run over? What are you watching? I must have missed these great plays by Brooks.....hmmmm... The last time Brooks hit hard it caused a 15 yard loss

One of the things I'd like to see from our defense is some hard hitting. I want to see one of our guys cream the oppositions receivers. Lay a beating! Time it right so they either cough up the ball or at least limp away with the reception.

How many times have we seen Flick or any of our receivers get smacked by, example Wheaton of the Argos? I guess this stems from the fact our sedcondary is playing too far off their man. The receiver catches the ball with all kinds of time to gain more yards and be soft tackled.

Gee, all I remember is Auggie chasing anyone who beat him running across the middle of the field......

Gee, all I remember is Auggie chasing everyone who always beat him running across the entire field..... (fixed it for you :slight_smile: ) Brooks is a playmaker, Auggie would thrive off of a 3-4, though I don't see a 3-4 happening soon.

Brooks started the preseason games against the Argos. He was solid. I attended the Cats training camp and he was, by far, the best linebacker in camp. Give him the starting job in the middle.......he earned it. I see he's starting tomorrow night in Calgary.....you don't leave your best linebacker on the sidelines as a backup.

I'm also an Auggie fan, although he is not as strong against the run or as rangey as Brooks. :cowboy: