Chad's return? When and Why?

We don’t have quanity but we have quality.

3 Likes

Au contraire in the US, and it would be another thread for the sake of suing for medical malpractice in the US, which is common and too much the other way in some states. Some law firms even have attorneys who are also licensed physicians, and they advertise locally here in Philadelphia too.

3 Likes

But…

Canadian law provides for compensation for pain and suffering for injured people. General damages for pain and suffering are intended to compensate an injured victim for the pain and suffering, loss of amenities of life, inconvenience, and loss of enjoyment of life.

Pain & Suffering Claims in Canada - Valent Legal - Nova Scotia
MORE RESULTS
Plus the fact it is far harder to sue a doctor in Canada vs the USA… You just do not see the same per capata litigations and certainly not the huge settlements in Canada

1 Like

Fair enough, but, at least bring your mother-in-law and her hubby to the next game, to make a foursome so that you can access the designated commuter lanes on the 401. :joy: I can’t remember if the 401 has those lanes.

Malpractice in the USA vs. Canada is a two-edged sword. In both countries the pendulum swings too far in opposite directions. The litigation/settlements in the excited states are sometimes outrageous. That is a major contributing factor to the exorbitant medical costs, because practitioners need to pay dearly for insurance.

3 Likes

Let’s please all remember the topic is Chad. The immunity of doctors from negligence claims started out as a related discussion, but is now way off base as well and therefore any more posts related to that can be placed in a new thread if someone wishes to start one.

5 Likes

Light bulb lit today! Lol

2 Likes

Damn, these new high-tech cars keep us from veering off the road. Sorry, Jon, I will think of appropriate penance, and submit same for approval, to be performed ASAP. Please keep in mind that I am of the age that corporal punishment which includes push-ups, running laps, etc. would be cruel and unusual punishment. :rofl:

2 Likes

We usually allow for a few posts off topic but once they start becoming too frequent or are flagged, as was the case here, then we have no choice but to intervene most of the time.

mea culpa
which, I think, means I paid for my own cup of coffee :laughing:

3 Likes

Uncle.

5 Likes

never surrender

1 Like

The problem I have with the suspension is that 2 months before Argos told the trainer her contract wouldn’t be renewed, then the story broke. Argos offered her a settlement and she took it. Chad gets 9 games for this, that’s enough. She played the odds and got something for it.

Role model ?

No, chad got a free pass… In the USA this would have been millions for her for several reasons . All them to do with Chad and the Argos and management breaking several.laws

6 Likes

Double post deleted

Got Double Vision by Foreigner?

3 Likes

actually, that actions of the coach dont matter. Just if her accusations are true. If Chad did what she says, and it is looking like he did, then his actions are all that matters and 9 games is not enough. Can only base that opinion on what he has been accused of since nothing has come out to show otherwise, from Chad, the Argos, or the league

5 Likes

The league has already come out with a statement about the conclusion of the investigation which resulted in the 11+ games suspension.

Yeah nothing from the Argos or Kelly but I don’t expect too much if any from them.

If I remember correctly, they mades a statement of judgement of the suspension but gave no explanation as to how they reached their conclusions.