Chad's return? When and Why?

In a recent interview, it is apparent that Dinwiddie/Argos are stuck on Chad as their starter. While their HC would, obviously, have an inside track on the merits of his QB, methinks CK is over-rated. No denying his numbers, but would he be a guy that one could CONSISTENTLY reply upon. ie. he stunk up the East final. And his season stats were, in no small way, related to the great D, and starting field position. He never faced much adversity, and when MTL. brought that on him, he faded away…and then, cowardly, blamed it on a non-existent concussion. Not the character I would want to lead my team!! And, has anyone heard anything about his league-mandated rehab? Crickets chirping!

5 Likes

Don’t want him back. Period.

6 Likes

Won’t argue with that!

1 Like

Chad’s counselling will not be a public affair obviously, & I suggest we accept he’ll be back later this season. If wishes were fishs, yada, yada. Doesn’t mean we have to stop running him through the wringer though😃.

1 Like

for sure, his counselling won’t be made public, but it would be good to know if he has, at least, commenced same.

1 Like

5 more games at the minimum. I suspect we will hear something mid August regarding how’s he doing and if he’s done enough with counselling to be reinstated

1 Like

Or through the spank line.
IMG_9367

1 Like

Not likely that we will hear how he is doing. As the tentative return date nears, I suspect we will get a terse statement (or nothing at all) saying he is/has been participating in league-mandated therapy.

Je pense que les supporteurs des Argonauts méritent mieux que le harceleur.

5 Likes

Typical pro sports hypocrisy. If Kelly were a fringe player, they’d already have cut him. But because he’s the franchise QB and Dukes hasn’t exactly set the league on fire, they’re sticking with him. Unsurprising, if depressing.

6 Likes

Are you talking about anyone who would support the Argos, or just both of their fans :rofl:

1 Like

I think at that point last season Chad was screwing up royally mentally and using his usual bad coping skills to deal the fall out of what was going on with the reasons for what he is now dealing with.
The crap he did and is now paying the price for with his suspension and aaw suit most likely was just starting to rear its ugly head and ramifications slightly before the east finals

2 Likes

If he comes back a changed man and states this publically and performs well, all will be forgiven. Remember, that’s what the free world is about in some respects, exoneration. A fallen man, rises up, admits his sins, and becomes a leader. Stranger things have happened.

1 Like

This dude has received pass after pass after pass, going back to his college days, because Daddy was a famous NFL star. No more strikes.

No one’s threatening to take away his health care, deport him, or bomb his house. But maybe he doesn’t deserve to get paid half a million to play a kid’s sport.

5 Likes

Sorry, that’s not how our hero stories go if it can happen. I doubt it but we have to see. We do forgive if one admits their sins.

1 Like

I’m not religious. You can keep your Christian forgiveness. This is a business. Guys get cut for doing a fraction of what Kelly has done. Maybe he can go somewhere and earn an honest living.

3 Likes

Reminds me of Joseph Campbell and the hero’s journey at least in some respects:

Sure the world could use another hero or heroine, but nope, we don’t need THAT one.

Next, please.

2 Likes

We won’t have a choice if it does happen I’m afraid. Society is always looking for a hero to “save us”, especially a hero that has fallen and then resurrected.

Nobody said anything about having a direct choice in the matter, but we do have a choice to have an opinion on the matter.

Why you are holding out for THAT hero is up to you, but I think if anybody is also a gambler, there are better bets.