Chad Kilgore

McCullough…sure…REY WILLIAMS

bet he is near game shape

checks the stats...Kilgore has a whopping 14 tackles this season in what...7 games? Hurl has 30

why is he playing

Wow! That is a telling stat. How many starts for each player? And do we know what the status of Hurls elbow is with that brace? Is he at a 100% or is the braver just a precaution thing?

Stupid auto correct! Is the brace just a precaution thing?

I could not wait for Kilgore to get back out there..............and yeah I am unimpressed.

He looks lost. He seems to be 1-2 steps away from where he needs to be.

They might have to go back to Peters and Hurl?

do you take a chance on a guy like Erin Henderson? He has had a couple recent DUIs, so it would be rolling the dice.

Can't believe they've left Kilgore first on the depth chart for MLB :x

Riders missed the boat. . . Ottawa scooped up Damaso Munoz. . . he'd have fit in nicely in Regina.

Yeah, that is a nice pickup for them for sure…with the CFL experience he will be ready to start quickly

I was thinking they might go after Terrell Manning or Marcus Benard…not holding my breath

Word today is that the Argos have released Shane Horton; there's a linebacker you might want to take a look at.

[url=http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=93085]viewtopic.php?f=5&t=93085[/url]

While Horton is no doubt a good player, I think he is undersized for inside LB. I do like his instincts, but the size I am not sure about. The Riders are looking pretty good on the perimeter already. Some are not high on Peters, but I think he is playing pretty good. He is a great pickup is someone scoops him though, but then again, someone asking for release mid-season is also a little concerning...perhaps nothing, but then again it might be.

You really cant judge anyone on the Riders defense on the Edmonton game. No one could have foreseen what whit was able to do.
Big difference with Peters having 6 tackles. As for Kilgore remember those were his first ever games in the CFL. Peters and Hurl both had limited experience in Packages before this year. They also took a few games to get into a groove especially Hurl who was just off and then Boom he is the Canadian of the Week.
Hurl slightly banged up and they gave Kilgore those middle six games to see what he could do and although his tackles were not very high the Riders were winning and D playing great.
Now 2 games into that final 6 game block Hurl is seeing more PT on defense now.
All three will remain on the roster unless injured and adjutments to playing time and packages were made against Calgary among the three.
Very experienced Dline and very experienced D Backfield SamLB spot also covered by experienced Weldon Brown with Macho stepping in when needed and depth at HB is there. Marshay has not really started but sees plenty of time.

The Riders signed Diamond Ferri today as well. Where does he fit into our D, or will he be used primarily as a special teamer?

yeah…they said yesterday there were 5 or 6 more moves coming. I see Palardy was released. I am wondering if Peters moves inside and Ferri takes his spot. Supposedly Kilgore is banged up. That 1 tackle he had must have been a whopper!+

PRs are also expanding. I don’t see massive reasoning to bring an International in just for ST

just looked at their signings...
...ug, new thread

Most likely for depth on the roster as he can play multiple positions as a DB as well as SAM and Will LB.
Experience will come into play as well. As a Will LB he is likely a better coverage guy than Peters, Hurl, or Kilgore. He also tecnichally played MLB through the playoffs in the defensive scheme which he knows.

sounds like he will be on ST and make the 44 or was at least taking a pile of reps. He was always solid on teams and often the first guy down field, still a bit surprising they would bring a international in just for that unless thy are working someone particular out of the lineup.

Hilee just transferred to the 6 game, but Boudreaux subs for him.
They are already apparently going with 1 international RB
International Green was a sitter last week I believe...so perhaps they rotate him out and that at least makes room on the 46, but that only makes room until Best is back because I think they want to 44 Clarck and 46 Watman...perhaps they move him to the PR...bold move.
I guess there is a chance they sit Aghayere? Guess it depends how high they are on him, but thats 9 DL.

Going to be really interesting to watch the 46 over the next week or 2

Green played last week against Calgary… He was the guy involved in the big collision with The Calgary receiver that looked to be knocked out cold.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the 44 and 46. I am thinking they won’t dress 9 Dlineman against Montreal but stranger things have happened. I would assume if Peters and Hurl are getting most of the first team reps, that Ferri will replace Kilgore. Reports are that Kilgore was knocked up a bit anyway, so they may rest him. And I would think that Best would replace either Clark or Watman… I thought Clark was hurt against Calgary, so may be a chance to sit him down for a game and let him heal. I would think they put Ferri in for Aghayare… And likely put LeGree in for Green once LeGree is deemed healthy to play

It will be more interesting to see what they do with Fulton… Will he sit again? And who will Neal Hughes replace? Cronk or Spencer Moore? And it will also be interesting to see if they try to resurrect the 3 headed monster… Lately, it has only been 2

It is good to see the team getting depth back at positions… IMO, they will have to start reducing the amount of Dlineman dressed though. And they will likely sit guys for maintenance to get them ready for playoffs. What the Riders don’t have the luxury of this week, is seeing if Edmonton had won or lost before their game… So they have to play hard in Montreal and try win at all costs to stay ahead in the standings.

yeah, I have heard Kilgore was dinged and been wondering how that would be possible when one is never at the point of action. Untied shoelace?

Stumbling over the guys doing the real work :lol: