Chad Kelly suspended minimum of 9-games for violating gender-based violence policy

Now, I see that the Argos did not suspend CK.
In a previous blog, I mentioned the Argo tall foreheads. I was badly mistaken…they have no tall foreheads. The dysfunction is palpable.

2 Likes

What are we doing here Toronto?

4 Likes

Just a procedural error.

Probably the wrong item selected in the drop down menu. I do it all the time lol

3 Likes

Ah damnit, there it is again, he’s back in that CFL Ether that I was just rambling about …
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

It would appear that Lamps Kelly is floating somewhere in virtual CFL purgatory . He is not officially on the roster and also not officially suspended but is apparently somewhere in between . Go figure ?

1 Like

hovering between psychotic and delusional?

3 Likes

It’s at the point where it’s so obvious that every single word and move the Argos make is based on the ongoing legal issue.

They don’t want to say they suspended him because it may imply guilt.

4 Likes

Now this makes sense. Thank you.

The policy of MLSE now is one of strategic ambiguity, which is also known as “strategery.”

1 Like

I can still pull for the Blue Jays, The Rock, Toronto PWHL and the Arrows.

I’ll secretly pull for the Raptors, but not buy any new merch.

Statement from Chad Kelly today:

“I have had to take time to process the findings from the CFL investigation released last week as they were not consistent with the person I am, nor the team and community leader I strive to be. I want to be the leader who brings people together and I strongly believe that all workplaces should be safe and healthy for every member of the team. While my legal team awaits the legal findings for review, and explores options to clarify a number of the conclusions from the report, and considers next steps, I will take full advantage of this counselling opportunity to learn, grow and better myself. At the same time, I want to support the Argonauts organization as it prepares for the season and have made the decision to withdraw from training camp to minimize distractions for the team and to put in the work to earn both reinstatement in the CFL and everyone’s trust. I look forward to getting back on the field soon."

2 Likes

His legal representatives so wrote that.

It’s longer than 2 sentences :joy:

11 Likes

Plus there is no cuss words in it or references to hip hop or rap lyrics . :crazy_face:

8 Likes

At least he agrees to counselling, no other choice really. We’ll see if it has a positive effect and how long the effect will last.

5 Likes

So, Chad (assuming he approved that message… whomever wrote it) hasn’t acknowledged that he did anything wrong, or was out of line in any way. No apologies offered to anyone or indication of shame? The counselor assigned to this is going to have an uphill battle.

Am I alone in feeling this is getting worse every time Kelly or an Argo rep. makes a statement?

3 Likes

I am laughing so hard that I can hardly contain myself. The very first sentence of his quote is a huge lie!!! The findings were TOTALLY CONSISTENT with the person that he has proved to be throughout his life/career. I realize that this was, in fact, his lawyer-prepared statement, obviously, because he has difficulty putting together coherent back-to-back words, let alone back-to-back sentences. However, it appears that, perhaps, he will not fight this through the CFLPA…possibly because of the following excerpt: “sexual harassment as defined by the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.” This leads me to believe that his/Argo lawyers have advised that they would prefer to keep this “in-house” (within CFL jurisdiction) instead of bringing in other authorities.

6 Likes

You are far from alone in feeling that way.

As discussed above, however upstanding, apologies are tricky, especially when there is pending litigation.

Often if at all, apologies are only issued as part of a settlement or afterwards, for an apology can be taken as an admission of guilt on many fronts and can easily complicate pending litigation.

Indeed whatever is being issued now appears to be ONLY that which is approved by his legal counsel, to whom Kelly apparently did not listen before when sounding off on social media.

5 Likes

He forgot to say that he found Jesus and has many female friends.

6 Likes

Well…3/4ever…it was damage control…and crafted to avoid tainting the ongoing settlement negotiations…which I am guessing will be concluded sooner than later. My guess: before the regular-season opener.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: In-game Guardian Caps highlight 2024 health & safety measures

Even though the statement was obviously written by his legal team, at least it isn’t harmful or insulting and he has stayed off social media lately, but if that changes this statement would be worth nothing.

I agree that the statement doesn’t give us any hope that he recognizes he has done wrong. In fact he appears to see himself much different than others do. I’m no psychologist, but it would appear that he still lacks self awareness and of course I wouldn’t expect a narcissist to admit to doing wrong.

6 Likes