Chad Kelly and the Argonauts in legal trouble

His past reputation is not on his side here . Old Manson Lamps has been a loose cannon for quite some time now dating back to his college days . The guy has got a screw , a bolt , a nut and a whole bunch of other things loose going on in that melon of his . :eyes: :crazy_face:

9 Likes

The eyes say a lot… His are cookoo for coaco puffs and not in a fun or funny way.

7 Likes

You think he’ll be gone over this?

1 Like

We can only hope .

4 Likes

Manson Lamps :eyes: :crazy_face:

charles manson GIF

3 Likes

MLSE, not Argo brass, might just nuke this to make it go away fast.

3 Likes

Murphy on thin ice here as well methinks

I really don’t know if it’s true or just an allegation

3 Likes

Can Murphy be fired twice in 2 years?

They’ll look worse for bringing him back after the first time.

1 Like
3 Likes

If Chad Kelly and his record breaking contract get tossed from the CFL over this scandal… will the Argos get noticeably weaker? My gut says yes.

My brain says maybe not. Drat it all. Lest we forget, Kelly’s backup is a very capable 27 year old bargain basement second year man by the name of Cameron Dukes. In my mind there’s a good chance that once the smoke clears from Kelly’s implosion and subsequent departure, Ryan Dinwiddie will quickly discover that he has lots of freed up cap money sitting in the Argo piggy bank. So by this spring Dukes might find himself surrounded with all the high priced talent a young starter like him would need to succeed in this league.

Bottom line? We can’t throw dirt on Toronto just yet. The body won’t stay in the coffin.

2 Likes

So in other words the league is looking into ways to spin doctor this in a way to make it look not as bad as it actually is . It also is trying to bury the story as much as possible as to not make it look bad to the fact that they allowed this guy to be selected as it’s MOP on their favorite and most privileged franchise .

4 Likes

People thinking he’s gonna be gone from the league and there will be any sort of serious punishment are in for disappointment.

2 Likes

Well you’re probably right on that because let’s face it . It is the Anchors we are talking about here after all .

1 Like

If they’re trying to bury this story they picked the worst time of the year to do so. CFL writers and fans are starving for news right now. Any news. A juicy scandal like this is not going to go away any time soon.

8 Likes

Oh this is brutal. A messy situation no matter how you look at it.

I don’t even know what to say. I will wait for more information from the investigation before putting my foot in my mouth.

That being said, shame on TSN for basically doxxing this poor woman. I won’t elaborate too much, but It’s not difficult to find out who is making these allegations and it’s TSNs fault.

This kind of thing brings out the crazies and she is obviously trying to keep her name out of the public eye.

10 Likes

Yup. He is no model citizen. The assault on the videographer was disturbing. An inch up and to the left and the victim would have been permanently disabled.

6 Likes

Agreed. Men have no idea how brutal it is for a woman to report sexual assault and go through a system that is designed to let perpetrators off the hook.

(To anyone who wants to “not all men” me, miss me with that nonsense. I will not reply. You’re wasting your time.)

8 Likes

Sad but true. The Argos would have known all about Chad Kelly’s past when they signed him and gave him that big contract. They have committed to him as their franchise QB. The right thing would be to walk away. But instead they will issue content-free statements and crocodile-tears apologies and a slap on the wrist and pretty soon Kelly will be playing football like nothing ever happened.

1 Like

Honest question. How else would they report “a former coach” when there’s likely only one possible person?

I guess they could have said “staff member”?

3 Likes