CH-CH-CHANGES NEEDED

WELL 1/2 WAY THROUGH THE 3RD GAME AND ONLY 5 POINTS AND 2 FIRST DOWNS, HOW MUCH MORE OF THIS ARE WE GOING TO TAKE?

KEVIN GLENN? I AM DOUBTING GLENN AND HIS HEART, WHERE ARE THESE DUMB PLAYS COMING FROM, HIS INTERCEPTIONS ARE ONES THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THROWN, PERIOD!!

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE DINWIDDIE BEHIND CENTER WHEN GLENN ISN'T PLAYING GOOD (WHICH HAS BEEN THE FIRST 3 GAMES) - WHEN IS TAMAN GOING TO SEE THAT GLENN CAN'T GET THE JOB DONE? I'VE SEEN ENOUGH OF KEVIN GLENN!!

KIT CARTWRIGHT AND HIS DUMB SHORT PLAYS EVERY FIRST DOWN HAS TO GO --- ALWAY'S GLENN 3 YARD PASS ON FIRST DOWN AND THEN AN INCOMPLETE PASS ON 2ND DOWN. SHIP KIT AND KEVIN OUTTA HERE.

BERRY AND THE OTHER COACHES - NO MOTIVATION - FIRE THEM ALL - NEVER WAS A BERRY FAN TO BEGIN WITH, NOT TO HIGH ON MARSHALL EITHER AND THE DEFENSE LOOKS LIKE A BUNCH OF PILONS BEING RAN AROUND.

YES I KNOW IT'S EARLY IN THE YEAR, BUT LAST YEAR WAS THE SAME STORY, SAME PLAYBOOK, SAME DUMB SHORT PASSES AND GLENN NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE. NOW LOOK KEVIN GLENN AND THE BOMBERS ALL OF 07 AND SO FAR THIS YEAR HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE IN THE FIRST 3 QUARTERS OF THE GAME.

BY THE TIME GLENN DECIDES TO SHOW UP AND ACTUALLY PLAY - THE GAME IS OUT OF REACH.

MAIN PROBLEM IS EVERY TEAM KNOWS THE BOMBERS PLAYBOOK, SHORT PASS 4-5 YARDS, 2ND DOWN TRY AND GET A FIRST DOWN, IT'S TOO OBVIOUS ALL OF LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR.

The same garbage play calling along with a pathetic secondary is killing us fast!!!!
What did these so called Coaches do in training camp to determine the talent on this team?? Glenn?? He's starting to remind me of Khari Jones after he got his large pay increase! It's certainly not all his fault but "something" has to be done and done "NOW"!!
What do we do? Sign Bishop,start Dinwiddie,make a trade or two for some REAL defensive backs? I'am not an expert but I sure as hell hope the so called experts..aka..Coaches on this team make the correct decisions because if they don't we are in for a very long ride!!!! I'am not a bandwagon jumper but this is bloody embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....the changes start with Bean....cut him...i don't know what happened to this guy but he's not even cis calibre now.....other dbs. have not impressed me either...exception is Johnson.. next start Dinwiddie...i don't know whats happened to Glenn but he's not the same...I could see it at the beginning of the year....but apparently the coaches have blinders on and are incapable of assessing players...These are also the guys that cut Dorsey ... He sure is rippin' it up for the Argos and what do we need now ????a punt returner..I gotta wonder if they really know how to judge talent sometimes.. anyway...after all the players on this club have been re-assessed...they beter check to see if they have any heart....cuz this team is playing uninspired football and could be looking at the basement...bloody gawd awful///// :thdn:

ah finally the ticats aren't the laughing stock of the CFL anymore :o

at least for now :expressionless:

...hey you guys aren't exactly tearing up the league yet....and we still might get it together before the season ends...at least i'm hoping... :lol:

yes that is why i said at least for now

:cowboy:

Not sure about any of you, but im sick of waiting for a true legit contendor to play in canad inns

After watching guys like AC Ricky Ray and Henri Burris, and seeing how much they actually contribute and actually rally up there teams and take over games with their legs and their arms, and watching Kevin Glenn faulter... I am very tempted to jump off this band wagon... I've been a huge Glenn fan since he got here, but im tired of trying to groom a QB only to fail time and time again... if you look around at the offence, you should be able to see, that a truly good Quarter back could do wonders with this group... and Kevin has stunk it up on more then a few occasions

that said he is not the only problem, that defence needs a miracle if you ask me... here are a few suggestions

Bean needs to be released... move Jovon Johnson over on his side and put Amos on wide side corner

Sure Amos gave up a TD in pre season, but if a vet does that we shrug it off... besides; our vets have given up 9 td's through the air in the last 2 games, that is pathetic

If Amos is for some reason not ready to play in this league yet, our doesnt know the defense(which is **** by the way) then keep Jovon Johnson on wide side and bring in Stanford...

However, Jovon Johnson is now starting and was only here for as long as Amos... so I don't see it out of the question to see Amos in some game action. He showed some great coverage skills and is a good size.. wide side corner is the place to put new comers anywase

I am almost tempted to say cut either Kevin Glenn or Barrin Simpson... or even both...

Simpson gets a lot of tackles, but its way after the first down is even made, and misses more then his fair share as well. for his salary I expect much more out of a middle linebacker

put in Ryan next game and if he shows as much fire and mobility keep him in... kevins salary could go a long way to help this crew... like bring in Bolden for instance and/or Stanford...

Id say trade for Casey Printers, but his salary is rediculous, and he's a bit unproven...

I think a Joffery Reynolds or Jesse Lumsden would go a long way in helping the ground game for offence... Glenn, Roberts, and Bean for Dickenson and Reynolds? hopefully some of the other coaches havent picked up on Bean sucking so bad and he warrants some trade value out of that 4 pick season

Barrin Simpson and Matt Sheridan for Zeke Moreno?

Imagine what Dickenson could do with this offence.... and what Reynolds can do behind this offensive line... it would be sick...

the linebackers are now quick and small, limiting charlies effectiveness.... sure he's still a great back, but I think Reynolds is now better and probably cheaper

we need some major revamping done hear and fast before this gets out of hand

If you dont like the idea of dickenson here because of injuries, well Glenn's injured often anywase... and most fans are already calling for Dinwiddie to... so there wouldnt be much difference, and we would have a lot more cap room for guys like Bolden and Stanford with these moves.

I am just wasting my time though, Taman and Berry still think they have a great grey cup winning team that will turn it around.... and lack the courage to make such moves

I wouldn't mind giving Slay a more thorough evaluation either

heck we could even try Winn in for Charlton... why not, Charlton ain't doing **** either

im trying not to come of as completely insane here... i know roberts is still a great back, and kevin is a good QB... but Kevin just isnt in the same league as burris, ray, or AC...

with those guys you almost know for sure they will step up, and you know they can score... with kevin you hope to get in the red zone and let charlie punch it in... problem is he cant cause he sucks at short yardage

Simpson it seems has declined rapidly, and I just happen to think that moreno would be a huge upgrade

Dickenson would be an upgrade over Glenn, and I think Reynolds is better then charlie now, due to the small and quick LBS everyone is using.

plus they are all cheaper options and would help us with the SMS... and hebert and Bolden can make there way back to this defence., although i think keeping nugent in there would benifit us greatly long term... hebert would help us greatly for this season at safety....

adavantages

reynolds over charlie: hes big and fast, and can be quick if needed. hes also probably cheaper and much better at short yardage

Dickenson over Glenn: Dave is much more athletic, can throw the deep ball far more accuarately, can step up and change games on his own... anyone can throw for a high percentage like Glenn if all you throw is four yard passes.... and dave can actually throw passing TD's! also probably cheaper... glenn is 300+, dave is 100-200+ at back up rate

moreno over simpson: much cheaper, and moreno makes all his tackles...

I hope MR TAMAN is on the phone this morning doing what he should of done before and during training camp!!! Find some competent defensive backs and coaches who actually know how to coach!!!
I hate to say this but it wouldn't bother me abit if they traded Glenn! I wonder what Bishop is up to these days?? I know,I know, he's probably not the answer. Glenn must shoulder alot of the blame but he's got alot of company. I can't remember a bomber defense playing so brutal!!

Well Bomber fans do not hit the panic button just yet. But as an outsider looking in the OC has a to complicated play book in my opinion. The Bombers need to play a simple game until they get their bruised egos up again. The DB's are spending way to much time to cover guys down field meaning the front four are not getting the job done. The linebackers are playing average at best on the run no aggression. Those coaches need to tone it down or it may be a long season. Glenn does not look sharp by the way. Dinwiddle might be the guy to try to lead this team but again he has not got experience. But if your going to lose anyway now is the time to get him that experience. Sit Glenn until he is ready to play.
If this team loses a couple more then it is time to panic. Problem is that it is tough to trade players when your team has no strength. See I did not blame Taman this year yet.

...you have alot of good points my son....over-reacting is one of them....we can't do that....THIS TEAM HAS TALENT...i don't know what happened in the off-season but these guys are not playing like last year....Sure we're beat up on the o' line...but that's offence....WHAT THE HELL???happened to the defence...Hebert left and Bolden didn't return and the whole d' disintegrated...that's b.s. Someone has to step-up and no one is...Glenn needs to ride the pine...He looks scared and dejected and until he gets rid of that bloody defeated look on his face , i would rather see Dinwiddie....Trades might be a possibility...BUT you just don't go out and find a middle-linebacker to replace Simpson...Barrin is having a bad year and looks like he's getting past his 'best before date'...I'm afraid we're stuck with him...I think Berry should consider playin Amos in the secondary....he looked good in pre-season (except for one play) but he sure has more up-side than Bean...We have to do some shuffling in the secondary...We're in a position now where this could really come off the rails..Playing in B.C. next game is going to be an adventure..I just hope we show more than we did at home to the leos and 'maybe' we can turn this thing around... :roll:

Offense:

No running game. Too many rooks on the interior of the o-line right now. Can't keep trying to run between the tackles. Either have to seriously overhaul the running game, design it to go outside more. Or keep starting Dinwiddie, until the starters return to the o-line.

The problems on offense aren't as big as they seem. They all stem from the same root cause, no running game.

Defense:

This is serious trouble.

Simpson is finished. Teams are running right at him with great success. Find a replacement now.

I'd also sit one of Walls or Haywood next game. Both those guys are mailing it in and need a wake up call.

I'd sit one of the M&M's and move Bean to HB, he ain't no CB, but is probably faster than either M&M. An experienced CB to compliment Johnson is a must or at the very least a promising rook.

I'd try moving Hall or Charleton to safety and Nugent to LB. Our LB need to be physical and Nugent has that.

....good calls pigseye...I'm so thoroughly disgusted with the effort by this team...its beyond words....I know alot of people will jump me for this ...but here i go....get rid of Glenn...This guy is a back-up ...reliever...what ever you want to call him...pretending to be starter...It's tough to have to admit we have been trying to get it done with a no 2 guy all along...but i think the rest of the team sees it now...I said he looked terrible 2 yrs ago...and his flirting with success last year was just an apparation...The real Glenn has showed up again....Simpson is another guy i would look at replacing....His game is gone...maybe package the two of them off for someone to fill one of the holes this team has developed....there's a few of those...What should have been a promising year has turned into....should i say the word...'rebuilding'... ouch...Better start now...again for the umpteenth time.. :roll: :roll:

the long winded posts are ominous. when the team sucks, suck it up, don't crawl into the fetal position. like i said in my previous topic on the forum, i left certain boards due to idiotic members.

I went to the game and have to say in all the years I have watched the Bombers this was the worse performance I have seen in many years. The whole team stunk with the exception of Dinwiddie. The defense stunk. Everytime BC had the ball their receivers were wide open. It seemed a total lack of effort. Changes are needed for obvious reasons. But the changes this time needs to start at the top. Both Taman and Bauer need to go. We have had these clowns for over 10 years and no Grey Cup. Some are saying can Berry. These 2 have gone thru numerous coaches. So that is not the answer. And hate to say it, we just don't have good players. Some may be past their prime. Watch in the 3rd quarter when Calgary comes to town. Asper may just rear his ugly head on the sidelines. Might make for great entertainment.

TAMAN + BAUER = goat cheese nibblers that are toothless pineriding hill people.

123james321 wrote,

Id say trade for Casey Printers, but his salary is rediculous, and he's a bit unproven...

I think a Joffery Reynolds or Jesse Lumsden would go a long way in helping the ground game for offence... Glenn, Roberts, and Bean for Dickenson and Reynolds? hopefully some of the other coaches havent picked up on Bean **** so bad and he warrants some trade value out of that 4 pick season

Barrin Simpson and Matt Sheridan for Zeke Moreno?

Come on, do you really think we would give up our franchise players, and trade them. Not a chance. Printers,Lumsden, and Moreno. That is hilarious.

those are our core players without them. We would be the team of 2007. Those players will be in Hamilton a very long time.

^ stop encouraging the denial. a true fan simply accepts the fact we're in turmoil. I don't feel sorry for one bomber today or tomorrow.

...the thing is ..they were responsible for the people we had last year....and we made it to the Cup..what happened :roll:

I firmly believe that some are past their prime. And some others just don't care.