CFLTop 50 Players All Time !

What an AMAZING IDEA ... congrats to TSN and CFL for devising a great way to CELEBRATE the League and its BEST at Grey Cup ...

It's the kind of IDEA that makes you say "Why wasn;t this done, already ?" ...

Peace.

Haven't about 47 of them already been celebrated by entry into the Hall of Fame?

um yes he did

They don't seem to have pictures of all the nominees.

I noticed something funny. If you look at Tom Casey (rb) and look at Tommy Hugo (ol) you would swear that they were the same person.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?fid=10805

&

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?fid=10806

Oops. :oops:

I noticed something funny. If you look at Tom Casey (rb) and look at Tommy Hugo (ol) you would swear that they were the same person.

definitely a screw up ... thats the same picture

I havn't heard some of those names for a while.This is a great idea.
Smart move C.F.L.

It's a neat idea for generating publicity and hype during Grey Cup week. But it doesn't really add anything to the Hall of Fame. I'd really rather see the Hall of Fame showcased and the players enshrined there celebrated, than have a new, competing circle created. The HOF needs all the support it can get.

If it's just a one-time event intended to help gain notice for the league's great players, go for it.

It's a neat idea for generating publicity and hype during Grey Cup week.
I think it is a GREAT way of generating interest in the league ANYtime of the year ... I think it just adds that much MORE to the Grey Cup Festivities ... Think of ALL of the CONVERSATIONS and DEBATES going on in ALL the local watering holes that week in Winnipeg ... and the rest of the country for that matter ...

Regarding the HOF … although it is not DIRECTLY touting the HOF, the article states that the list INCLUDES all 117 INDUCTEES plus 68 other unheralded players … This SHOULD/COULD generate ATLEAST a little TRICKLE DOWN interest in the HOF from those fans INVOLVED in the great debates.

Combined with the ON AIR Promotions by TSN, specifically the INDIVIDUAL vignettes, I think this is TRULY a GREAT WAY for the league to PROMOTE ITSELF.

Peace.

For sure Meanstreak. Every year they could do a theme about something ie. next year it could be the best 10 hits of all-time etc.