CFL's Eastern & Western Finals to kick off 30 minutes earlier on Dec. 5

TORONTO – The CFL’s Eastern Final and Western Final games on Dec. 5, 2021, will each begin 30 minutes earlier than originally scheduled.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/28/cfls-eastern-western-finals-kick-off-30-minutes-earlier-dec-5/

Would it make sense to play on the Saturday to avoid conflict with NFL games?

1 Like

It would.

It not the NFL, it's the NHL, originally Bombers were to start @ 3:30 pm & Jets were to start @ 6:00 pm, Dec. 05th for those who watch both and or attend one or both, couldn't travel from one venue to the other, or get home in time, couldn't do so. As a result both CFL & NHL worked to solve the issue

Bombers moved earlier 30 minutes & Jets moved to start later 1 hour.

Problem solved.

1 Like

The Commish did say that they would look at moving the playoffs to Saturdays but not this year.

They used to play one game on Saturday and one on Sunday and reverse the following weeks. That was when it was CBC and they had respect for people who actually supported the league by buying tickets!

Now the league kisses TSN's butt

2 Likes

I started following the CFL in 1962 and for most of my childhood and teen age years, the games were on Saturdays. The Grey Cup was on Saturday, too. It was great. As a kid, I watched the AFL and NFL, but was only able to see a few CFL games because of where I lived and weather conditions. Still, I loved radio and remember how special fall Saturdays were. My recollection was that the Western games also were on Saturday but it was a long time ago. I think it would be great to move the games because when you have a good distance to travel, you can go home on Sunday instead of having to take a work day off just to go home. My opinion, anyway.

2 Likes

I started following the CFL in 1962 and for most of my childhood and teen age years, the games were on Saturdays.

but was only able to see a few CFL games because of where I lived and weather conditions.

Not to mention in 1962, If you ever got to go to the game, it was pretty hard to start your horse after leaving it in the parking lot and forget to plug it in, during a Winnipeg winter day. :snowman::thermometer:

They have to, $50 MILLION is a good chunk of revenue for the CFL

1 Like

Maybe if they did not get on their knees in front of TSN and beg, they would get more and they would call the shots!