cflisthebest's open Challenge

LMFAO. I’m pretty sure however, that in touch, co-ed football, where our football guru probably played, there is no blocking, therefor your plan would’t work. :lol:

I'm way off then..

I was thinking cflisthebest maybe the king of Madden

you are hilarious R&W…

I played Tackle Football, all the way up to Junior Level.

I had plenty of talent and knowledge, but I was too small to go any further.

Based on how well you did on your Sask-Calgary predictions, it seems to me you have just enough knowledge to be completely wrong while being cocky enough to think you know more than others.

I still have faith in the Dali Lama of football, aka, cflisthebest.

The Amazing Kreskin was wrong on occasion.
Even The Amazing Creswell had his off days.

In fact, The Great Gazoo tells me that cflisthebest will awe us this week with his insight and predictions.

You played football "up to" junior? So, you mean high school. Where the only qualification to playing is that they have a helmet and pants that will fit you.

Artie.. not sure where you're from..

but here in Alberta, there's High School Junior, Senior.. and then there's a level after that called JUNIOR!

it's where players who aren't in University football.. play football. some of them eventually move up to University, some stay for their entire Junior Career.

I went all the way to Junior. but my shoulder, which I hurt in my second year of Senior HS football, was too seriously hurt.. so I played my third year with the injury and then had to quit before I played a game in Junior.

I never played High School Junior Football... went straight to Senior from my Bantam days..

We have that same level. In fact it is the same league, the PFC, (if it is the Colts, Wildcats, Huskies) that you were talking about.
But regardless what Artie Says is true is it not, you played HS, and due to injuries never played Junior, so essentially what you were was a former High School QB. Nothing wrong with that just not something to really brag that much about. I was an All star DB in Grade 12, but I don't profess to know everything there is to know about Secondary, especially at the level of the CFL.

The difference between systems in the CFL and in High School or Junior is Humongous.

yeah but I knew a hell of a lot more regarding the game and systems and reasoning and well, a lot of inside stuff that many others had no idea what I was talking about…

I know the game. Politics in High school Football is as bad as anything else…

I went to the provincial North vs South training Camp in my last year to compete in the big north vs South game that high school players go to.

so guys from all over the Edmonton area and northern Alberta come to compete for a spot.

I don’t want to sound like i’m conceded or bragging or biased… but I clearly was probably the best overall QB at the camp for the entire weekend, I know that I impressed the O-Coord for the U of A Bears as he spoke pretty highly of me…

Yet, I found out that you have to be good at “sucking up” to certain people, aka Coaches of the two Junior Teams in Edmonton… Wildcats and Huskies. and in 1996, both teams were awful! jokes of the PFC league. I had the opportunity to possibly be part of the Okanagan Sun Football team (in Kelowna, part of the B.C. Junior League) so I had no interest in either Edmonton team, whatsoever.

So I didn’t go to any of their evening “gatherings” and because of that, even though I out performed the two guys they chose, I didn’t get picked to be part of the North team. All because I didn’t kiss butt to the right people.

trust me, this really upset me and my father… It was well known for many years the rumour that the North team was pre-picked before the “training camp” had even been held. I could have been the 2nd coming of Doug Flutie for all they knew (as an example…) and they wouldn’t have chosen me because I didn’t know the right people and didn’t suck up to the ones that made the choices.

so whatever. I went to my 2nd training camp in 1997 to Okanagan Valley and earlier that year their Head Coach, who really thought I had some talent… decided to resign! so a whole new coaching staff was put in, and of course I was still able to go because the invites were out before all that. By then my shoulder was starting to get pretty bad but I thought I’d give it a shot anyways and then if I made it, try to rehab. I did well of course, but being from out of town they wanted to go with locals… it was cheaper. I was disappointed of course.

I got an offer to go attend the Fall camp for the Saskatoon Hilltops that fall but my shoulder was too much and I decided instead to go to college… so my football career was officially over. pre-maturely.

all thanks to a couple of jackass coaches at JP in Edmonton, my shoulder was ruined.

Sad to hear.

At least you're not bitter.

well i'm not bitter at Okanagan Sun, because life has unexpected changes..

I was mad at the Football Alberta, because they're all fixed and political. the Sammy Maudlin show basically over there.

And I was extremely upset at my HS coaches because they didn't do the proper warm ups to prevent injury and I got hurt and they didn't protect their QB's in practice. Anyone knows you don't allow your QB to get hit! yet they allowed it, and it's so far in the past that I can't remember exactly how, but I believe me getting hit was the cause of my injury.

plus it was just a awful coincidence that the O-Coord for the HS team, used to play for the Junior Huskies here and my father was a coach for them at the time, and a big crappy legal thing started... and for some reason, he had it in for me, because he didn't like my father.

I remember in 1994 after my first year, the Head Coach promised that I'd have a equal opportunity to acquire the starting role for the team in 1995. yet when I came back, I never got that opportunity.. basically the guy I was competing against was given it from the beginning of training camp onwards.. and clearly you could tell that I never got a chance, like I was promised.

he wasn't even that good. and he knew it! heck he wanted to be a WR, not QB.. but the O-coord of course didn't like me and said no. I even asked the HC if I could try playing somewhere else because I clearly wasn't going to be the QB.. he hesitated and never put me in.. then after I quit the team he lied to my father saying that I could have asked to play at WR or something.. but didn't. (so clearly he lied).

so I was screwed royally and left for another school in 1996, where I was the starter.. but go figure... the team was apparently rebuilding! and hardly had any gr 12's. so we went 0-8. yet a few years later they became a powerhouse and went on to win 5 city championships in a row and a few provincial titles.. so I was a few years too early.. hahaha

I got treated pretty rough in my first 2 years of HS ball, including an injury. I more or less had to carry that team in 96.. we came close once to winning a game but we were just not good enough.

Okay. I'm sure the CIA is involved at some level as well.

no, butthead!

you're so funny... not! :roll:

Dude I don't doubt anything you write. All I am saying is that because you never went past High School, for whatever reasons, the systems you played in and saw, don't even come close to the systems that they run in the CFL. There is really only one way to get to know all those things is to experience it, either by playing through the ranks, or coaching through the ranks. I guess you could learn it all by yourself with extensive film watching, and I mean extensive, and a lot of reading.
I am not saying you don't know more than the average joe, I am saying you don't know as much as the Qb's in the league and the coaches in the league.

and I agree with you…

Didn’t they change the rule so that no point is awarded when a kick-off goes into the endzone? A single is still awarded on punts and missed FGs, but not kick-offs.

nope.. if the player kneels down in the endzone with the ball on a kickoff, a point is rewarded.. if the ball goes out the side of the endzone a point is rewarded.. it's only if the ball goes out of the deadline in the endzone, untouched is it not a single point.

What about sex before games coach?

that's just a stupid question..