CFL Week #10 Picks

Kudos to rpaege and rcon picking up their perfect win weeks.

1. Cflukb69- 25-9 [+354 (*1)
  2. Abbey 24-10 [+230 (*1)
  3. MrLucky 24-10 [+332
  4. brianjoxx 22-12 [+128 (*2)
  5. RichardVeilleux 22-12 [+211 (*1)
  6. rpaege 20-6 [+248 (*1)
  7. jonny24eh 19-12 [+270
  8. aulcee 19-11 [+216
  9. T44- 19-8 [+183
  10. Grover 18-12 [+217
  11. sherry07033- 17-9 [+141
  12. ArgoT 16-4 [+125 (*1)
  13. Thrick 15-10 [+165
  14. ThomasE 15-8 [+159
  15. bobo82- 14-12 [+113
  16. IceTheKicker 11-6 [+76
  17. Lucas Bellemare 10-4 [+48 (*1)
  18. Hank01- 8-7 [-71
  19. RA 7-5 [+29
  20. Katmandu 6-2 [+107
  21. 97valkyrie 6-16 [-28
  22. rcon 5-6 [-50 (*1)
  23. KevinRiley2- 4-4 [+41
  24. cletusvandamme 4-3 [-17
  25. TouchA@ 3-1 [+41
  26. canadianffan 3-1 [+40
  27. RedandWhite 3-1 [+30
  28. RedHead 3-1 [+21
  29. DepopulationINC 3-1 [+21
  30. StampsRock! 3-4 [+31
  31. Joe 3-5 [-37
  32. IconicSR 2-2 [+28
  33. White stallion gallops 2-2 [+9
  34. BC Boy 0-4 [-49

Games for Week 10,

Ottawa at Winnipeg - Friday Night
BC at Toronto - Saturday Afternoon
Montreal at Edmonton - Saturday Night
Calgary at Saskatchewan - Sunday Evening

Winnipeg
BC
Edmonton
Calgary

Thank you, Abendschan

rpaege

Winnipeg
BC
Edmonton
Calgary

Ottawa
Toronto
Edmonton
Calgary

Ottawa
Toronto
Edmonton
Calgary

Thanks Ab.

Sorry to be stupid, but what is this? (1-34)?

WPG
BC
EDM
CGY

A CFL football pool was started more than a few years ago now that was named the VGCC and ran by Big Dave a moderator just before the CFL website and forum had their updated overhaul. All data was lost and since that time LeBird ran the CFL football pool last year and I chose to look after the CFL pool this year. Those are the standings 1-34 after week nine.

Winnipeg
BC
Edmonton
Calgary

Im looking when to pick against Calgary their first loss. Id looked at this one a few weeks ago but with the Carter story im skipping.
Bc have played a lot of stronger west opponents games so far and this made my choice on a 50-50 call.

Thanks again

Winnipeg: Ottawa lost to the Argonauts and then barely beat Montreal. I'm not impressed.

BC: Toronto miraculously beat an unimpressive Ottawa squad; and I don't see having a bye week helping their game. B.C. may have turned a corner.

Edmonton: The opponent is Montreal. Nothing more needs to be said.

Calgary: I see no reason to not choose the Stamps against any team right now.

Week #10 Picks

Ottawa vs Winnipeg - Winnipeg - Ottawa has been skating by in too many games. Winnipeg is too strong on too many fronts. Winnipeg by 14.

BC vs Toronto - BC - I am not yet sold on the McLeod Bethel-Thompson bandwagon. BC is the better rounded out team, so BC by 10.

Montreal vs Edmonton - Edmonton - On paper Edmonton is the better team in many of the games they have played this year, but they are finding ways to keep their opponents in the games. Montreal and Manziel are both improving. All that being said, Edmonton is simply the better team in this game. Edmonton by 7.

Calgary vs Saskatchewan - Calgary - Calgary is 17-0 for their last 17 games after the bye week. Calgary beat the Riders in a slug fest the last time the two teams met in Regina. I expect more of the same. The Riders got another DB to "improve" their defense, but defense has not been their problem. The Riders Offense just got rid of one of their offensive weapons (reasons unknown) and their offense has been ... well ... Offensive! So Defense got better + Offense got weaker = Stampeders win! Should be a close game though. Stamps by 7.

Thank you Abendschan for running this for us! Good Luck to all my fellow competitors!

The SSK defence has been decidedly mediocre. In fact, it is has given up more than twice as many points as Calgary, which is the gold standard for defences this year. The team simply cannot improve unless it also improves on defence. If Calgary scores another 30+ points the 'riders are going to be in big trouble.

No TiCat game to pick with my heart and lose on this week, so here goes...

Winnipeg
BC
Edmonton
Calgary

Good luck to all

But is the Defense the issue, or is it because they are exhausted from being on the field all the time from offensive futility?

P.S. If I were a smarter man, I would actually be able to insert the smoking cowboy! ::slight_smile:

You make a good point, but it still comes down to the defence not getting the job done, even if it's because they're tired. There's no question, however, that the 'rider offence needs some upgrades.

I can show you how to insert the smoking cowboy if you like. Just drop me a message. It takes a free hosting account of some kind. I use Drop Box, so the addresses are formatted for that service.

Ok, thanks. I was trying to figure it out.

Winnipeg
B.C.
Edmonton
Calgary

Thanks Abe

8)

Ottawa
Toronto
Edmonton
Sask

Winnipeg
BC