CFL Webserver

Just to notify everyone - we ran into some hard drive corruption on one of our Raid arrays and are currently attempting to re-build. We'd ask everyone here to be patient while we work.

Thanks,

Your friendly neighborhood sysadmin

patience? We got patience.

Maturity? Now thats another matter :lol:

Okay - I'll give you that.

Continuing with my updates for everyone:

The sites should be more or less back up and running now. However, we had to roll back approx 5 days due to data corruption. I'm sorting through the logs to see what can be salvaged. If I can salvage any data, it will be merged back into the live and running information.

J.

Please find the salary cap arguments! I think I can say that I speak for all of us, we don't need 2005, arius, and mikey re- arguing that all over again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something tells me they'll start re-arguing the same points regardless... :stuck_out_tongue:

Jett, Home Hardware has a sale on of duct tape. Do you want me to send you a case? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I beleive duct tape can fix all and cure all! :lol:

what will happen to post from Past Week?

Taken in for interrogation. The corruption obviously came from the inside...

I know what caused the corruption. It was all the talk about the bills and toronto. Left such a foul taste in the system that it ground it up and spat it out.

I figured good ol' RLR got one of his computer buddies to do some hackin'.

kel

will our posts come back?

Only if they can restore the database. Let them work, and they’ll get back to us when they have news.

Well, unfortunately it looks like the data on the drives was corrupt beyond all repair. We did manage to get all the stories, photos, and videos for all the sites out and back up.

We will be re-building the array over the weekend and over the next week, but it should have minimal impact on the site's functionality.

J.

Correction - data in relation to the forum posts was corrupt beyond all repair.

I also would like to apologize, unfortunately things like this happen from time to time, and its lucky that we were able to get back up and running as quickly as we did.

I've recently experienced a similar situation. It's unfortunate, but there's not much you can do.

Thanks to you and the rest of the team for getting the place back up and running so quickly.

Does this mean that you all are going to quit censoring every one of our topics now???

Are you sure?
Lots of us always post like that! :lol:

Why are not backups made Weekly
Maybe with site like this they should be made Every day.

what do you think this is, NFL.com??

Remember, this is CFL.CA you be talking about.

Okay...perhaps I'm under-reacting here, but is it really a big deal if a few posts are lost?