CFL TV Ratings 2017 con't

As far as I'm aware, Numeris is the only ratings provider for CFL games on Canadian television. They are who we use internally on our own ratings reports (via a data feed from NLogic).

I haven't been keeping up in this topic, but if someone is hawking alternative numbers I'd like to see the source of them - or they should stop being communicated. Ugh.

Any word on the first 8 pages of my Movie thread?

Still waiting. :slight_smile:

#CFLGameday between @calstampeders & @EdmontonEsks was the most-watched Saturday sports broadcast in

with an avg of 751,000 viewers. #CFL

Not bad at all.

Numeris ranks the top 30 programs every week in Canada. CFL has had a number of high viewing games but has never made the top 30 programs in Canada.

Number 30 from the “top Line Data” stops at approx. 550K that would be number 30.

Citing linkable or screenshotable specifics should require links. It should be a firm policy.

here is the link for Numeris Top line data for labour day week

http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/August%2028,%202017%20-%20September%203,%202017%20(National).pdf

There is nothing wrong at all, check out the Numeris numbers from the last week of August.

The average of the 4 CFL games that week didn’t make the top 30 because the average was under 587,000.

The official Labour Day numbers will be released on Monday.

http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/August%2028,%202017%20-%20September%203,%202017%20(National).pdf

Those Numeris numbers were for Monday August 28 to Sunday September 3 so they did not include the two presumably higher rated Labour Day Monday September 4th games. I guess the Ottawa - Montreal game and Bombers at Riders games that did fall within that ratings week - combined average did not make the top 30.

Also can somebody tell me why with only one game last night they started the game at 7 ET instead of 7:30 or even 8. For one thing it makes it very tough for fans going to the game - many of whom work until 5 - or in my case 6 - to get to a game on time. The stands were almost 1/3 empty at kick-off with thousands arriving late.

But also from a TV ratings perspective that game is starting while people are still at work in BC and just leaving work in Alberta and most importantly Saskatchewan.

It's not like TSN had something else live to show after the game.

That has to hurt ratings for that game at least somewhat.

Yep. I assumed it was 7:30 because it wasn’t part of a doubleheader so I missed the first half hour. Maybe an 8:00 start (especially on a Friday). We were out east in June and it was weird having East division home games starting at 8:30.
Canada is too BIG.?

CFL finally cracks the Top 30. Numeris Top 30

No big surprise.

Which feeds carried the game? We only have TSN 2 and 4. One had NFL, the other had NASCAR so there was no choice for me to watch Ottawa-Montreal, that would likely hundreds of thousands of potential viewers too.

From the link Mr. Pike posted.

Saskatchewan’s win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday night was the most-watched game of the weekend, drawing an average of 561,000 viewers on TSN.
With how much more popular the CFL seems in the west - especially in a season like this where Eastern teams have largely sucked - I suspect that 561,000 would have been much higher had the game not started at 4:00PM in BC and 5:00PM in Saskatchewan and Alberta on a Friday. Even though it was the highest game of the weekend it could have been much higher if started later is my guess.

Heck even fans in Hamilton going to the game would have preferred at least a 30 minute later start as a 7:00PM start is so hard to get to on time on weekdays.

So not sure what TSN or the CFL were thinking to start that game at 7:00PM ET with only one game being played that night. Just makes no sense to me especially when you consider that the ratings are struggling down 13% this year.

Add in the RDS numbers to the horrible Montreal game and it would be interesting what it comes out to.

According to the article the ratings are still down 13% from last year. With only a third of the season left, the ratings will probably be down at least 10% from last year. Horrible. All the gains from last year have been lost and the CFL is looking at its lowest ratings in a decade or longer.

stats can be misleading.

Game was only shown on a few TSN stations to start with. Some people justcouldn’tget the game. this was mentioned on another board.

13% down from SAME PERIOD LAST YEAR OR ALL OF LAST YEAR? THIS INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT when 3down is blabbing stats!! I would like to see the calculations myself.

CFL is coming into the most watched period - fighting for position, plusplayoffs and Grey Cup so we will see if the 13% holds true. I doubt it will.

A CFL Sunday 1pm Eastern start is a 10am Pacific Time start

An NFL 1pm start is 1pm Pacific Time start and a1pm Eastern Time start plus it is shown on multiple platforms.

League wanted Sat4 pm or 1pm start times which I think is good for in game attendance but difficult to watch every game in every time zone. Ticats Lions on at 11 pm tonight - I’ll try

A Quebec Team and a border cityQuebec team were playing and RDS numbers werenot counted. A fair rating for a CFL game in Canada with these 2 teams?

Plus lower ratings because both teamshaving very poor records so it wasn’t a “must watch” event. If the game is not interesting people will turn it off bringing the viewer average down! My take on the low number

All those comments are valid Argofan - and I like you will see how far I can hang in there with the Cats game tonight. Almost calls for what friends used to refer to as a 'disco nap' - taking a nap before heading out around 11PM to a dance club when I was (much) younger. lol

But still - 190,000 - that's not good regardless of all the factors/excuses that contributed to that - which you laid out quite well. I think it is the lowest (English TV) rating I can ever recall for a CFL game.

It's like TSN wants the league to fight with 1 hand behide their back. Also funny I don't see a lot of the Toronto media types commenting on the total lack of fans the LA NFL team is getting. Hell LA is only out drawing the Argos by 10,000 fans!!