CFL Top 10's

I'm watching one of those Top 10 shows on the NFL Network and wondered what CFL versions might be like.

This one is: Top 10 passing combinations of all time (One QB, one receiver).

Cast your votes. :thup:

FLUTIE/GARCIA - PITTS (2 CUPS)
DEWALT- FERNANDEZ (1 CUP)
JONES - STEGALL 0
WILKINSON/MOON/DUNNIGAN - KELLY (5 CUPS)
MCMANUS - FLUTIE ( 1 CUP )
CALVILLO - CAHOON (1 CUP)
HOLLAWAY - GREER (1 CUP )
BROCK/CLEMENTS- POPLAWSKI ( 1 CUP ) CLEMENTS
AUSTIN - ELGAARD (1 CUP)
GABRIEL-CLEMENTS ( 1 CUP)

Honorable mention to Kerwin Bell-Mookie Mitchell (1998)-Mitchell catches 160 passes for over 2,000 yds....could you imagine the list of "Bad Weather Games" the CFL could produce over the years???

Conredge Holllway to Terry Grier was always one of my favorites.

The Mud Bowl and Fog Bowl come to mind.

I'm sorry no list of CFL Top 10s should ever include Kerwin Bell. It should be forbidden.

All of these look good. A couple more:

Jackson-Tucker
Faloney/Zuger-Henley

the Ice Bowl ('76), The Snow Bowl ('96... I was there), wasn't there one with a tremendous wind?

I disagree about Kerwin Bell not being Top 10 Material...2 examples come to mind...do you remember a game in Hamilton when Bell made Coach Pinball Clemons so mad, Pinball had to be restrained?? Or how about the time Bell, still with the Argos scored a touchdown, spiked the ball in the endzone only to have the ball bounce up & strike him in the "family jewels"??

You just can't make that stuff up......

Yes! I remember the ball hitting him in the head! Hilarious!!

I guess that can go under Top 10 CFL Bloopers. So I apologize... Kerwin does belong in a top 10.

He can also go under Top 10 Hits... Labour Day in 1998 (or 99?)... Joe Montford gets past the defender... Kerwin is looking the other way. Every one in that stadium (fans, players, coaches, press) except Kerwin knew Kerwin was getting smoked... the BOOM! Montford unloads on him. Kerwin was shaken up, but I have to admit, he got up like a true athlete (he did that on a number of occasions, I have to give him credit).

Actually Catsfan, the ball hit Kerwin "South of the Equator"....he stayed down for a while...perhaps as long as when Montford smoked him!!! Poor Kerwin...the last to know.....

You gotta have Ray and Tucker on the list! :smiley:

You're right, I don't know what I was thinking.

No he didnt stay down long at all, then again this clip might be edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azgWTq3_dU

It was still a great catch, but something tells me Fernandez was injured for Grey Cup. (I'm thinkong either groin or "Turf Toe") I think the WR was Armour.........

Some one help me here as I'm not 100% sure.

No, Fernandez and Dewalt dominated for 4 years. He led the league in receiving in 84 an 85. He had over 1700 hundred yards in 85. He also had 1000 yards receiving in 82 and 83. I just added the Grey Cups as a FYI. This top 10 is over an extended period of time. Not one game.

It was Ned Armour in the Grey cup , He's now a Transit Bus driver in Vancouver.

Nobody is arguing Armour, please re read my last post.. Armour had a big catch in THAT game. But came no where near the numbers that Fernandez put up.

For certain!

RAY-TUCKER (2 CUPS)

Any chance that Tucker will make it back to play again?

No. He's the new receivers coach for the Esks.