CFL Support for Grassroots Ball

I thought it’d be good to have a thread to show and discuss the programs the league runs for grassroots ball across the country . . . and hopefully to have suggestions for other programs they should be running to grow the sport.

5 Likes

The Bombers just hosted the Blue & Gold Showcase for high school players.

THE BLUE & GOLD SHOWCASE FEATURES OVER 200 TOP FOOTBALL ATHLETES THROUGHOUT THE PROVINCE. WORKING WITH LOCAL AND RURAL HIGH SCHOOL COACHES, WE HAVE CREATED TWO U16 AND TWO U18 ALL-STAR TEAMS COMPRISED OF OVER 50 ATHLETES PER TEAM.

Players invited to the Showcase will attend eight practices over 2 weeks before a game at IG Field.

There is no charge to players for this annual program, which reduces financial barriers to ensure we have the Province’s top talent at practices and games.

6 Likes

The Redblacks are running a women’s training camp later this week.

4 Likes

The Roughriders Foundation was involved with the UofS Huskies fundraising:

https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/1654115596332679169?s=20

https://twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/1654120882367868929?s=20

3 Likes
4 Likes

great idea! :+1:

BC Lions do tons of stuff throughout the year - lots in this thread

2 Likes

Yeah. the Lions under Doman (and before too, but moreso now) have been doing lots. I’m just going to add new ones to this thread as I see them pop up, rather than go back.

2 Likes

oh yea, that’s why i figured i would just link the topic.

there is also a post/ topic somewhere about a grassroots officiating program.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

THE WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS AND BELL ARE COMMITTED TO MAKING YOUTH TACKLE FOOTBALL MORE ACCESSIBLE BY SUPPORTING FAMILIES WHO MAY REQUIRE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE.

ALL TWELVE CLUBS AFFILIATED WITH THE MANITOBA MINOR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION (MMFA) WILL BENEFIT FROM A GRANT PROGRAM FUNDED BY BELL TO COVER REGISTRATION FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR TACKLE FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

Youth must be between the ages of 8-16 years old and must be enrolled in school.

The Winnipeg Football Club will be selecting a minimum of three applications for each club. Applications that meet the criteria will be processed on a first come, first served basis.

ELIGIBILITY

• Net family household income must be under $75,000 a year
  • Priority will be given to youth who are new to tackle football.
  • Family must reside in the Province of Manitoba

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• If approved, the cheque will be made payable to the MMFA club indicated on your application
  • Funding will be sent directly to Manitoba Minor Football Association Club
3 Likes

The Jr Bombers Football Skills Camp was held over 2 days in May, 2023 and we welcomed 675 kids to IG Field. This free camp gave kids ages 9-14 a chance to develop their football skills. The goal of this camp is to introduce kids to football through drills and skill-specific training challenges so they can improve their fitness and knowledge of the game in a safe and fun environment. This camp will be held again in Spring of 2024.

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

As part of the team’s celebration of its 150th anniversary, and its ongoing commitment to the community, MLSE Foundation has committed $150,000 in donations to community programs on behalf of the Argos this year with $75,000 earmarked for the Daily Break Food Bank and another $75,000 commitment to football development with a partnership to be announced this season. An additional $75,000 will be committed to community football development in 2024.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes