CFL Season Ticket Barcode Question

Not season tickets, but my son’s first CFL game :grinning:.

Wow, love it. Before my time, but the only game Canada won on home soil. Got the unedited DVD set with all 8 games, that’s about it.

TSN should be replaying the Summit series, like they did with the 1987 Canada Cup a few years ago, the trio of 6-5 games. Something tells me you got to games 2 & 3 in Hamilton.

Many say those were the best games ever. Hard to beat the quality of talent, much like the 1992 Dream Team for USA b-ball in Barcelona.

1 Like

Yes, it was a great comeback after the embarassment of Game 1 in Montreal. Canada 4, Soviets 1. Think the goal scorers for Canada where: Esposito, Clarke, Yvan C from the Habs (don’t want to misspell his surname) and Peter Mahovolich.

No, didn’t see the games in Hamilton. I’m from Toronto. My son and I love the CFL experience in Hamilchuck.

Nice introduction to the game, just looking it up, a 42-29 Rider victory. Classic CFL.

3 Hall of Famers the goal scorers, and a 4-time Cup winner. Outside of PIT vs EDM games in the 80s, PIT-LA in the 90s, good luck finding game tickets from modern games with similar star power.

The 2001-02 & 2002-03 Detroit Red Wings had quite the lineups.

1 Like

It was indeed. The Riders were 0 - 2 coming into that game. The province was not in a good mood. The Riders kicked Casey Printers and the Lions all over Taylor Field. We were 11th row, 45 yard line on the open side. It was great!

Wow man, I totally feel where you’re coming from. Did the trip out to Regina for the final season at Taylor Field in 2016, a 30-29 last-second field goal Rider win vs the RedBlacks, who won the Cup that year, their first in 40 years.

Love the bar alley on Dewdney Ave, just east of the stadium. Bushwakker & Rebellion both got repeat visits. Riderville fans were first class all the way.

1 Like

Glad you experienced Taylor Field, Stigs. Nothing like it, but Ivor Wynne and Tim Horton’s Field are pretty dang close!

Agreed dude! Loved Taylor Field, hope to do Mosaic this year, or in 2023. Time it to do a couple on B2B home games, and/or mix in with IG Field in WPG.

Ivor Wynne was fun, though really like the new field, pretty close to perfect sightlines, excellent F&B. Also the CFL HoF in the upper west-side suites, which was wonderful to check out, would recommend any fan attending a game to do it, free to ticket holders pre & post game.

Really like the south side of TD Place in Ottawa, they did that part right. The top of the lower level open area, 16 rows off the field, can’t be beat. North side remains a relic.

1 Like

Ticats went to Barcodes in 2008

1 Like

My 2007 Grey Cup ticket has a bar code along the bottom. I paid $327.54 to watch Dinwiddie try to play QB that day. Lol
Had no idea at the time of course he would eventually be the Argos HC now or his two backups that day would now be NFL HC’s.

1 Like

Frugal, thanks so much for the help, the photos are greatly appreciated as well. Apologies for the tardiness in the reply, the forums locked me out due to a browser issue.

If any other season ticket holders could please verify the first year for barcodes on season tickets, it would really help.

Looking for MTL (should be either 2002-03), TOR (likely 2002-03), WPG, SSK, CGY, EDM, BC. Latter teams should be in the 2004-08 range.

Cheers,
Shawn