CFL reschedules WPG at SSK pre-season game to May 31

TORONTO — The CFL announced today it is rescheduling the pre-season game between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the visiting Winnipeg Blue Bombers that had been planned for Monday, May 23 to a new date and time: Tuesday, May 31 at 6:30 p.m. local/8:30 p.m. ET.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/19/cfl-reschedules-wpg-at-ssk-pre-season-game-to-may-31/

I think this is absolutely terrible going from a Monday long weekend holiday to a Tuesday night game , Rider fans can’t be impressed

1 Like

Good to hear the Season will proceed with the tentative contract agreement being reached. Not at all impressed with either party waiting until pre-season to get this done when they had all off season to work it out. However I know it would have dragged out given there was no pressure to come to an agreement until the Season was in jeopardy. Now ! Play Ball!!

C'mon. This gives you guys more time to get ready for that pre-game barbecue. Besides, a later game gives both of our teams more time to put on a better show. I can hardly wait. :smiley:

2 Likes

It is a pre-season game, wnich will be used to tinker systems and gameplans, so won't have any effect on the actual season so does it really matter if it's put back a week or so ?

1 Like

OK ... can you update the downloadable schedule, please?

I hope someone will clue in ESPN down here. According to their website they still plan on televising this game tomorrow evening.

Aside from the Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan preseason game that was re-scheduled for Tuesday, May 31 at 6:30 p.m. local/8:30 p.m. ET., it looks okay to me.

I'm guessing that either someone at CFL HQ is going to update it shortly or just wait another 8 days so it won't matter. If it was MY department I'd get right on it. All I'd have to do is pull up the original spreadsheet and make a half dozen changes. Then I'd hit 'Save' and Export it as a .pdf file. It's a 15 minute job at best.

The only thing I can think of that's holding them up is... the long weekend. Maybe the person in charge of looking after that sort of thing is OUTA HERE!!!

PARTY TIME!!!. :partying_face: :boom:

I can't imagine it's more than a five minute job, but we all work at our own pace. :wink:
If they have time to reschedule it, announce it, and change the web schedule, surely they have time to change the downloadable schedule. :man_shrugging:

1 Like