CFL re-alignment

these same people will find all sorts of reasons for finding the CFL as Bush League … you aren`t going to impress them no matter what. the reality is that the present setup is OK I would love to see 9 - 10 stable Canadian franchises with the present playoff setup and it would be just fine. the important thing here is stability and the key is to have a team like WPG not bouncing between divisions every few years

So your way you play 18 games to eliminate 3 teams…Not worth the change

While I wouldn’t call myself a fan of your idea, if it where to happen, I don’t care for the idea of losing a playoff team from the picture, if you got your 3 divisions, I’d be more inclined to have 3 wild card teams, with the “worst” division winner thrown into the wild card round, but given home field, and the top seed in said wildcard round, for winning the “worst” division, the other 2 division winners would of course get a bye.

Actually this format would need 9 teams, so it would eliminate 4 teams after you had the three divsion winners and two wild cards.

Ya, I like the idea, that way you keep that extra playoff game, but still have the battle for the 3 divisions and being the top 2 teams earns you a bye and home field. In all 6 of 9 teams would make the playoffs and that seems fair given the talent can be pretty equal in the CFL.