CFL ratings report

Pretty good games all weekend. Hopefully it will be reflected in the TV ratings.

CFL News?
[ltr]@CFL_News[/ltr]
2m2 minutes ago
"Overall our TV ratings are up 2% this year.

But importantly the 17-49 year age group is up 17%." - @RandyAmbrosie

THAT is great news!

Here are last week's ratings on TSN. The only disappointment is the B.C./Tor game, normally two of the strongest CFL TV markets, but their ratings have dropped off over the past couple seasons (Van = 3.4M + Tor = 7.6M Extended TV Markets).

I had thought the exciting Riders/Stamps match might reach 1 million viewers (average over 180 min.) holding onto their viewers until the end, but the late afternoon Sunday time-slot in the summer probably didn't help.

Week 10 ratings

Friday
Ottawa at Winnipeg: 527,300

Saturday
B.C. at Toronto: 425,700
Montreal at Edmonton: 528,600

Sunday
Calgary at Saskatchewan: 769,300

Week 10, 2018 vs 2017 (five games): +11.9 per cent
Year-to-date vs 2017: +4.1 per cent

That early Saturday slot is a killer - the Ottawa @ Hamilton game I attended a month back had TERRIBLE T.V. numbers. The CFL needs to rethink that time slot.

If I was the CFL, I would be p***ed with the scheduling of early Saturday CFL games.

TSN is squeezing an MLS game between two CFL games - to the detriment of the CFL.

Assuming MLS games are NOT getting 100K viewers on Saturday from 7 until 10, and that is NOT much of an assumption, TSN would do much better, and so would the CFL, by putting a Canadian Football Game into that slot.

Instead we are stuck with the Saturday afternoon slot (3:30 to 6:30) when people are out.

Just another reason why the CFL needs to look at another network, even if it is only for a game a week - so TSN doesn't take us for granted.

Assuming the Montreal numbers do NOT include RDS, and the Als game got 200,000K on RDS, our average would be 612,725. Not bad for the summer. Not bad considering the early Saturday game the bed.

The BC/Toronto game should have been held just as the CNE park was closing - 7 ish. Give the people somewhere to go at the end of the day.

The 4pm in the summer I agree . Too much daylight and too much summer living .

The Fall I would say yes 4pm is good . As the days get shorter and the weather turns and the fall psyche resumes to Fall living the 4pm works but not in the heat of summer .

Which Areas of the Country prefererence

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmHZfF4UwAANlGv.jpg

You put a team down east and the CFL numbers there doubles.

CFL is actually popular here in the USA. Lots of people watch it here on ESPN and many people in the northern states have CBC. I do not know if the games are on that network at all like the hockey night in canada partnership. One thing for sure is TSN is not on any cable package.

CFL needs to get back on CBC.

If only we had someone to “break the news? that the CFL is going back to CBC…

Well we’re agreed on that point anyway.

:slight_smile:

I remember a poll from a few years ago that had support for the CFL and NFL in Atlantic Canada about even. Apparently even serious talk of CFL expansion into the region is enough to significantly increase their support.

BLUE JAYS TV numbers are CRASHING this year below 300k. Still not as bad as the Raptors and TFC but so much for this CANADA'S TEAM BS. IMO unless Rogers forks out for a new stadium or fixes up Skydome baseball in Toronto could go the way of the Expos.

Has there been any further word on renovations to Skydome? I assume no as I’m guessing Rogers wants the government to pay for them.

if you go to Sportsnet website which is the Rogers mouthpiece they had a big article on their great plans for a new stadium. Don't say how they're gonna pay for it but I'm sure Rogers has their hand out. Sorry whats that saying fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me? No more money for TAj Mahal stadiums for baseball teams if Rogers can't fix the Skydome or build a new one I guess the Blue jays future in Canada is not long. But with Ontario Billions in debt there will not be ONE CENT for Rogers

Amen to that. Hope you are right.

Don’t bet the farm on that one

Maple Leafs didn't get ONE PENNY to build the ACC. Here in London we didn't get ONE PENNY to build the then JOhn labatts centre. Trust me if Rogers gets ONE CENT to build another Blue Jays play pen there will be hell to pay. Toronto already getting Billions for a subway and want Billions for flood relief that's it. The days of throwing away TAXPAYER money is OVER