It's been a tough year for quarterbacks so far.
- Trevor Harris loses his starting job in EDM, now there is talk of them trading him.
- Bo Levi having his worst year ever in CAL.
- Masoli has not regained his previous form yet in HAM, and both he and D.Evans have missed time due to injury.
- Adams in MTL just got 6-gamed.
- Nichols in OTT has somehow both lost his starting job and gotten injured. D.Davis also injured.
- Arbuckle in TOR has been uneven, then hurt, then lost his starting role and now potentially on the trading block.
- Fajardo in SSK seems to be going through a bit of a sophomore jinx, and has taken to lashing out at both teammates and fans.
That would be seven of the nine presumed starters, all struggling in various ways.
Still on top: Michael Reilly has been having a good year after ending 2019 injured and out of the playoffs.
Comeback of the year: Collaros is playing some of the best football of his career, 12 months out from most people believing he was done. May finally get the MOP to go along with last year's Grey Cup ring.
That's just two of nine, meeting or exceeding expectations.
Is anyone really excited if the next generation turns out to be: Cornelius Taylor, Jake Maier, David Watford, Matthew Schiltz, MacBeth and Caleb Evans? You never know. There could be a gem or two in that crowd. In fairness, Dane Evans should also be in this group and many are excited about him.