CFL Power Rankings on TSN website... what the heck?

Here's the link:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/

This was updated July 7th.

WHY IS HAMILTON STILL 8TH!! WE'RE 1-1. There are 2 teams with a worse record then us. Even worse, they don't even give an explanation. This is an awful show of disrespect. Sure, we stunk out the joint in week one, but week two we won handily and showed a strong offense, defense and special teams. Are they really ranking us lower then Winnipeg who have looked awful the past two weeks (with the exception of a good second half in Week 2).

This is a show of total disrespect.

And the blue team is 5th. AAAAAAAHHHH

I dont what TSN is thinking about?? Obviously they didnt watch week 2.

Sportsnet did a much better job with the rankings. Perry Lefko. Rated Hamilton 4 above the Blue team. Here is what he says.

4 8 1-1-0 A quantum leap by the Tiger-Cats, who were blown out by the Als in the season opener and blew up the Argos' defence in their next game. What a dramatic turnaround, but you've got to give the team credit for sticking to its game plan of smashmouth football with Jesse Lumsden. I never knew he had that extra gear in open space. His standup running style reminds me of former NFLer Eric Dickerson. To use a line Jimmyboy used last week, "Holy schniekies". Just a great win for the Ticats and their diehard fans. Casey Printers managed the game quite well. Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's no better place to watch a CFL game than at Ivor Wynne Stadium. With this week's game against the Roughriders on Saturday night, the Hulkster says, "Don't you dare miss it, brother."

I've got my tickets :wink:

There’s only one ranking that has any relevance. It is the one based on wins & losses, not opinion.

There's only one ranking that has any relevance. It is the one based on wins & losses, not opinion.
:thup: Agreed. It is still nice to see us rated above 8. First time in years!!

At least they're not like sportsnet ranking Winnipeg 8th. Obviously Winnipeg and BC will get it together.

I am sure the rankings are a mistake.

The 8th place ranking accurately reflects a team that won one game, bringing our road record over the last three years to 3 wins and 25 losses. Come on folks. It's going to take more than one game to demonstrate that we deserve anything better than last place.

They were probably in denial after Thursday night. After all....Toronto is still the centre of the Broadcasting Universe...isn't it?

its not power rankings over the last 3 years. its power rankings based on what has been done so far this season.

and to put Hamilton in 8th when they are 1-1 coming off a huge win is wrong. especially considering there are two teams that haven't won yet

According to the TSN site, the rankings are compiled by the TSN on CFL commentators, the same ones that many on here love to hate! Schultz is the only one ever to give the Cats even a nod, so why the surprise at the rankings?

With that group, the team would have to win 5 in a row to move up to 6th spot. Doesn't mean anything anyway, all that matters is the standings week by week.

TSN really seems to have it in for the Cats, don`t they?

I know we have to prove ourselves, but not even recognizing the cats is ridiculous. We should have a higher ranking than 8th. Its based on this season. Itll be interesting to hear their comments, if Hamilton wins this Saturday.

Agreed

We will get no Respect from the Toronto Pro TSN Panel
TSN Once Owned a Peace of Argos if People Remember.
They are so Pro Toronto it makes Me Ill to think about it.

Frankly Rogers Sportsnet who is Owned by Ted Rogers
Gives The Ticats More Respect.
It Pretty Bad When The CFL Main Broadcast Partner is to pro Argos

And Rogers Sportsnet is Pro CFL

It would be in TSN's best interest to promote the Ticats to boost their ratings. I doubt that many fans around the country will watch a game featuring Hamilton if their team of interest is not involved. However if TSN hyped the Cats a little bit than maybe fans in BC will watch a game between Winnipeg and Hamilton.

Doesn't TSN stand for Toronto Sports Network afterall?

wingnut 82 wrote,

It would be in TSN's best interest to promote the Ticats to boost their ratings. I doubt that many fans around the country will watch a game featuring Hamilton if their team of interest is not involved. However if TSN hyped the Cats a little bit than maybe fans in BC will watch a game between Winnipeg and Hamilton.
That is true,

Especially when Hamilton has really marketable players like Lumsden, Printers and Moreno. TSN has to get with it!!!!

Uh no, it is not based on two games. It is based on the combined assessments of all the analysts when they look at each of the teams, taking into account games played, level of competition, past peformance etc. And not to split hairs but "opinions" can't be right wrong. By definition they simply reflect what the TSN analysts believe...

Keep in mind, that this is one win in a long line of losses, I can understand why Hamilton still is ranked last. After saturday we'll see for sure if last weeks win was a Fluke or the Tiger-Cats are once again on the prowl.

TSN is biased towards Hamilton because of our losing record in past seasons. You would think after a huge win against Argos TSN would promote the Tiger-cats instead of ranking them 8th