CFL Players in Ads?

We've learned our lesson that blacking out games on TV nearly killed the CFL. So, why do we never see CFL players in any other ads than the War Amps "Play Safe" campaign?

I'm no soccer fan but I watched the FC game on Saturday. BMO had a great spot featuring FC players heading the ball back-and-forth during the course of their off-field day! It was very clever and put some faces on the team brand!

Our players are extremely marketable! Is their some reason they aren't more exposed on TV?

And I'm not just talking about regional car dealer and CBC adds! I'm thinking Reebok, Molson's, Scotiabank etc. It may make some more lettuce for some very underpaid fellas!

pepsi cans featuring a different CFL star from each team would be great.

lumsden, bruce, edwards, stegall, joseph, burris, ray, simon.

Those ads where they make fun of other regions I thought was good, but again, no actual players. I thought the NFL was going to help the CFL in marketing initiatives. They should also take a page out of Nascar's book of tricks, the fans love seeing them and the drivers love doing them.

Nascar's ,(turn left young man!),book of tricks?
Like throwing beer cans at the winner of the race!? :roll:

Do you remember "back in the day" when you used to buy gas and get stuff free?...I think some sort of glass promotion or mini helmet promo would be great for those money grabbing gas stations...at least we'd get something back from the high price of gas.It would be great if each CFL area would give away stuff from their team...so if you'd want a Cahoon mini helmet, you'd have to get it in Quebec...etc....but then again, what would you get in Atlantic Canada?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think some sort of glass promotion or mini helmet promo would be great for those money grabbing gas stations...
Oh guess what... the price of gas is going UP again...I'd be happy with a half sharpened PENCIL with what we pay now