CFL Player Cuts Today

Sandro DeAngelis, O`Neil Wilson, Joe McGrath all released today.

Typical O`Billovich with Ham. Sign players to exhorbitant contracts and then release them after a season. Are you listening Avon??!!

It was on Popp's coaching year that I realized that Wilson O'Neil was a quality player. He was never a star but as a secondary receiver he always ran his routes well. Even when covered he kept on running and was always making an effort. I was happy to see that Wilson had good life as a receiver with Winnipeg and then BC. Remember T Anderson- a highly rated receiver who was known as the opposite of O"Neil. Anderson was released despite his definite skill. Unlike O'Neil. Anderson gave up his routes not finishing them. He had the talent but not the drive. I believe some team will pick up Sandro as he was good for several years with Calgary. Had we not signed Whyte I believe Sandro would be an Al.

Well I’ve tried real hard to forget. . .

I have a suspicion that if DeAngelis had been released by Hamilton prior to the draft, we would not have made the deal for Whyte at all.

who’s to say he may not still end up at the Als camp? What do they have to lose and would push Whyte too.

The problem with DeAngelis is that he has never punted. It would mean the Als would have to find a punter and use upan extra roster spot.

Although Drew Edwards writes DeAngelis has been working on his punting with Paul Osbaldistan.

I would hire O’Neill Wilson and dump Deslauriers. Deslauriers is younger than Wilson, but is soft and can’t cut it at receiver. He is like a non import version of Thyron Anderson: big, tall, fast, lots of potential, but no production.

Not only that he cut Sandro’s salary. The guy’s worst year ever, he was still middle of the pack…Let’s hope Avon fares better.

Je ne prendrais pas DeAngelis maintenant que nous avons Whyte. Ce dernier peut faire tous les bottés alors que DeAngelis ne peut pas dégager.

Pour ce qui est d'embaucher Wilson, je ne crois pas qu'on gagnerait vraiment au change de couper Deslauriers et de prendre Wilson. Ce dernier a plusieurs années de plus que Deslauriers, qui joue aussi sur les unités spéciales. Deslauriers connaît déjà le livre de jeux et peut rendre de bons services, comme on l'a vu sur le jeu truqué à la Coupe Grey. Plusieurs ont dit que c'est le jeu qui a relancé les Alouettes. Je ne suis pas certain que Wilson aurait fait la distance sur ce jeu comme Deslauriers l'a fait.

D'accord, on ne garde pas un joueur pour un seul jeu, mais Deslauriers vit à Montréal et coûte probablement moins cher que Wilson demanderait. Il fait son travail honnêtement et n'en demande pas plus non plus. Avec la panoplie de receveurs que nous avons, vous croyez réellement que Wilson est très attiré par Montréal, où il risque de se faire couper de toute façon? Il a de meilleures chances à Winnipeg ou à Toronto.

Pretty much agreed. Were I to be Wilson’s agent, I’d be calling Toronto and Hamilton, as those are the teams that would seem to me to be the most interested in acquiring some N/I depth in the receiving corps. Not so sure about Winnipeg, they’ve drafted one and might be drafting another (Poblah) so there might not be as much interest there.

Tout à fait d’accord sur ce point, mais en-dehors de Toronto, c’est l’équipe où les besoins de receveurs sont les plus criants. Hamilton est bien pourvue avec Stala, McDaniel, Mann et le Turd. Ils ont 3 receveurs canadiens, dont MacKay qui se tire bien d’affaires. À la limite, Edmonton pourrait s’y intéresser, mais je doute qu’un gars comme Wilson ait le profil que Tillman recherche pour relancer l’équipe.

thanx GOD we got whyte instead of that bum sandro!!! as far as o'neal wilson he's worse then deslauriers!!