CFL - ownership BREAKING NEWS- big CFL news

I have gotten word from a high CFL official source that the CFL has gotten 2 offers to put a official bid for the Ottawa CFL franchise yesterday.

The CFL expansion committee was told yesterday that if either bid fails, the other bid will build a new stadium with local funding in the Toledo area. The group is a large numbered personel, and want to put a CFL franchise in Toledo. There is also word that the group has been negotiating with the city of Toledo to build a 33,000 seat stadium.

There was a writeup in the Toledo news on Friday, and once again yesterday.

It also mentions that Columbus, Hartford, and Portland-Maine have been speaking to the 2 groups if either group fails.

Apart of 1 group has Jesse Palmers father, Don Mardell, and NFL former owner Stanley Fritz.

It's not sure if both groups want to build a new stadium in near Scotiabank Centre, but I have been told that the Senators have been talking to the groups about building a 30,000 seat covered stadium adjacent to the arena.

More details to follow

More breaking news, the CFL has just outbid the NFL and has named Roger Goodel the new commish.

As a member of the franchise committee (the one charged with reviewing prospective new franchise owners) I'm very pleased to learn of this breaking news.

;-) ;-)

Bob, you crack me up. :lol:

We all know that Bob Wettenhall wanted to work with another group to put a team in Toledo, Columbus, Hartford, Portland(maine) and Salt Lake City.

I have spoken to Bob on these issues many of times and there has been no latest reviews on the CFL status with new ownership rising and wanting to take a load off on the current non-progressive owners.

What is a expansion fee? what $15 million u.s? add another 4 teams even in Quebec City, Halifax and Ottawa and the fee will go up to $20 milllion u.s in 2-3 years.

These guys are talking to people like Bob Wettenhall and they know very well that the time is now to jump aboard on CFL expansion.

I was going to suggest calling them the Toledo Mud Hens, just like Klinger always used to talk about on MASH. Then I googled and found out there really is a team with that name.

http://www.mudhens.com/

McMahon -

Do you ever get anything right? Ever?

I have to give you credit. You have a great imagination.

You are so off this time (again), Owner Bob, the Vice Chairman of the CFL and on the expansion committee actually chimes in! And you don't even realize it!

Surprise surprise, your predictions will once again be fiction.

Say it with me.... F I C T I O N.

Mr. Young's post says it all.

Thank you Mr. Young.

Obviously his agenda is to get everyone all worked up while he sits at his computer gigling to himself. I just wish he would come up with stuff a little more amusing.

:thup: Way to go Bob!!! You're investment's value has just gone up dramatically!

20 Million!!! :smiley:

(Do you think you'll cash in and sell now or wait around a bit for McMahon's next scoop?)

news flash, i won the 32 million $ on the super 7 3 months back. if all goes well, the group im with will get a new expansion team for the city of hamilton, it will be placed in calidonia. it will benamed the leaping wildcats. All Caidonia has promised to build a 35,000 seat stadium near the grand river. Details to follow

Guys its all true what he said. I hear it from capitalTD and he sure knows what hes talking about

Here's more breaking news, I have just won 1 million $$ from Ed Mcmahon. I think I'll join the new Ottawa ownership group.

You may already be a winner, which disqualifies you from any relationship with Ottawa football.

Portland, huh?

Population 55K.

Population of the state of Maine is about 1 million and it is one of the “less-prosperous” states in the Union.

I notice the name of the Sens’ home has now been changed from Scotiabank Place to Scotiabank Centre.

Funny, how there’s been no mention of that here.

So you’ve “gotten” word that the CFL expansion committee has “gotten” two offers for an Ottawa team.

Well, I hope their form of communication and use of the English language is a trifle better than yours.

Case in point:

“Apart of 1 group has Jesse Palmers father, Don Mardell, and NFL former owner Stanley Fritz.”

I just received the translation back from a local expert in decoding ancient scripts.

Now if I’ve got this right, Jesse’ Dad is involved with one group.

What a news flash. That was broken last Wednesday. He is helping the US group of 8-10 investors, previously cited by Matt Sekeres of the Ottawa Citizen, to do their "due diligence.

But if I’ve got your semi-lucid ramblings right:

Two groups have told the CFL they are interested in a franchise.

They have not put in a bid. They are TELLING the CFL they will be given a franchise.

But they or some other mystery group will instead put a team in Toldeo whether the CFL gives them a franchise or not.

Toledo may build a stadium for this phantom group but if they don’t, this group — or another group will look to Columbus, Hartford or Portland — which also don’t have pro football stadiums — even tho the League hasn’t awarded them a franchise.

Unless of course, Eugene Melnyk or someone else wants to waste $200-300 million building a new covered stadium beside Corel Bank Place or the Scotia Civic Centre or whatever the hell it’s being called now.

Well, I guess I understand your post now.

BTW: Prescription medicines are only good if you stay on them.

:lol: :lol:

Bob, if it weren't for fan forums, imagine how hard it w/b to stay in the loop? :wink:

Fan shuttle boat, leaves Port Dover 4 hours before kickoff en voyage to Jeep Stadium. Holy Toledo! Word has it the deal is as good as done.

Hey Bob,

Can you add my name to the list as well of people who are interested in putting a franchise back in Ottawa. I don't have the money to do it myself but I am sure that others, such as McMahon and CapitalTD, would ante up the funds to do so.

I would be president. I also already have a few well known CFL people lined up for the position of GM and other key team/office positions.

I look forward to everybody's support and cash as I move this dream forward.

Thank you for your support, Mayor Quimby.

Caretaker Bob:

Can you please lock this guy off this site? Sure he will likely resurface under another username but his gossip style is so easy to pick out you'll know its him again and you can just keep locking him out.

He makes a few of us laugh but many more sick!

McMahon = CapitalTD = Mary York