CFL only league in NA without live stream package?

Cable isn't a bad option when packaged with home phone and internet, that's for sure especially if the basic package includes TSN Hd which is what I want, CFL most important. I don't even need Sportsnet at all but I get both them and their secondary channels in hd with the basic from Shaw, well now Rogers here in Hamilton.

That’s why it is just as bad as satellite. Why do I have to pay for garbage channels like Sportsnet when I don’t want them. I can get all the entertainment I need online without paying a middle man to package it with channels I don’t want. I don’t need home phone either. Why pay for cell and land line, especially when my cell gives me a far better deal.

True, if I had cell or needed cell that would probably change the equation. I won't pay for both land line and cell. I would like to do Bell mobile sports but it can be expensive as said here. That's the problem.

I wish CFL just had it's own channel to be honest, then I could cancel cable. I can watch all the shows I want on my Playbook streamed to my TV just not right at the time of the episode on TV. But these are just TV shows, not live entertainment so I don't care. I just want CFL live then cable gonzo.

You pay for ‘garbage’ channels in packages, because that is how start-up channels begin. Syfi, TSN, FOX, etc…these channels don’t start up and have 500,000 regular viewers. Distributors sign them on for a lower rate and hope they grow so that people want them. They then group these in themes and through in a channel or 2 that are fringers, hoping you will want to expand more. It is a pretty basic business model, and without it we would likely have under 30 channels to select from.

Some of these channels you will like, some you will not. Obviously enough people like it, because it is still on the air.

Ah but if cable, and to some degree now satellite, were really not scams like many other businesses, we could trade freely certain channels we value less for those we value more and not necessarily one-for-one.

For example I’d trade five other channels at a time for certain sports channels. In the end the cable firm would make about the same once the values are equalized let alone make up the extra volume for those who re-subscribe or don’t cut the cord because of course we are paying now for more crap channels and informercials than ever.

And is the cable reducing your bill or redistributing a share of the extra informercial profits to its subscribers? I don’t think so!

The pricing model of cable is still based on the days when cable was the only other game in town in the 1980s. The pricing model has not worked since about the time they began with digital cable over 10 years ago, which is why the turn-in rate for that overpriced offering was so high. As noted in my prior post, cable does not get it and apparently also does not care.

Get your cable by any means necessary for cheap unless and until they change at last I say. It’s not as if we have not subsidised their oligopoly or monopoly for years already such that we are taking back what is ultimately ours.

hence my point about adding fringe channels to packages. Why would they offer you only by the channel, even if that meant trading some…that is not promote expanding their brand. And where would these channels you are trading come from if you are not purchasing a package?

Have you never ever been flipping through channels and stopped on some channel you do not normally watch and view some of the programming? Do you get to the car you want and g=have them throw the seats from another into it instead?

And what do infomercials have to do with the cable company? That is a network’s doing.

And to top if off you MUST watch it on your smartphone.
I bought an HDMI cable for my Blackberry to connect it to a TV and that was a no go. Message on my screen saying I cannot connect it to another device. It was BS.

I thought that Bell deal was free … as long as you were on Bell.

I’m not on Bell.

I know Rogers is a 4 letter word to some around here, but there are no data restrictions on Rogers. You pay for your data, you can hook it up to whatever you want. My phone tethers my PC all the time. I even hotspotted my phone when camping at the lake to stream a movie on a friend’s tablet. A lot of ISPs don’t allow this. Rogers does.

Well, erm, ok. I personally wouldn’t do it like that. I run apps, as such, directly from my PC. It doesn’t matter if my phone is even turned on…so, not you don’t HAVE to use your phone. I have never found an app for my phone or tablets that I could not use fully on my PC.

And FYI, not any given phone can even drive a TV’s video…No Blackberry, last time I checked, can not do it on most as they are not MHL enabled.

Some Answers:
1)
Q: Why would they offer you only by the channel, even if that meant trading some…that is not promote expanding their brand?
A: Offer folks one channel we really want for what we pay for five we don’t want, and the distributor gets the same revenue but cuts its distribution and operating costs. Win-win! But no, as monopolies or oligopolies, they want to charge you extra for those additional channels. That’s garbage.

Also, if a channel is of some developmental, niche interest, we don’t have to be paying for others who want it when otherwise guess what there is always the internet for niche interest any more not my TV!

Q: Have you never ever been flipping through channels and stopped on some channel you do not normally watch and view some of the programming?
A: Yes, for an average time period of perhaps 10 seconds.

Q: And what do infomercials have to do with the cable company? That is a network’s doing.
A: Are you also naive? The distributors always get their cut too because they have some discretion on what to air otherwise, and sell their own ads, in certain non-prime time slots. If you think cable and satellite don’t get their share too from all the informercials you are delusional.

Cable is a dead product. We have YouTube, Netflix, and we can stream pretty much any content online, be it news, TV shows, and sports events. I have canceled cable because the only thing I need it for is to watch CFL games, which I miss half the time anyway. Needless to say paying $540 a year to watch CFL and a bunch of crap on other channels is too much. The CFL needs to get a grip and start a streaming subscription before it starts losing fans without it.

If 540 a year is to much for you ? You have more important things to worry about than CFL football.

I totally agree with you. I myself got rid of my dish several years ago. Got sick of paying for garbage I didn’t watch. CFL needs to stream the games. Get with the times CFL!

They can either take my money or I will continue to use streaming websites.

I use NHL Gamecentre Live and it works great, and was happy to pay or the service.

[quote. Needless to say paying $540 a year to watch CFL and a bunch of crap on other channels iit.
[/quote]
We'll this year the CFL is crap ...Teams can't even average 20 points......
Save your money and travel...winter is only 6 weeks away

if we all streamed CFL games, would that not effect the money TSN pays the CFL for broadcast rights?

Oh really? How about the next time some drug addict off the street asks you for money, give him $540 and do it every year. What do you get back for it and how do you feel giving up that money for no reason?

Yes , great comparison :roll: … Giving money to a crackhead or spending your money basic cable . It’s a choice if the CFL is important to you , than you will get cable like most of Canada. TV isn’t the greatest but still
some good stuff on there besides CFL football .

Seeing as how TSN is streaming the games on TSN Go, yes it would. It’d have to be put into the next rights agreement to start doing it.