CFL on TSN Live Mic -cgy vs ham

The XFL did it.

If I remember, it was not that bad.

Most of the XFL games are on youtube if someone wants a sample.

Perhaps I should try the 1 st QTR, before freaking out.

I'm pretty excited to see how this works out. TSN trying something new is a welcome addition, and I want to encourage that.

If it ends up not working out, so be it. But don't judge before they've had a chance to try it, otherwise they'll never change anything.

No one is whining…they are simply saying…not interested…I for one am not interested either. I am one of those people who don’t need a giant arrow on the screen to tell me which way the ball is moving

The league is trying something new and that’s a good thing. It beats them doing nothing and not trying tying new ideas. If it’s a hit they will soon do it with all the games. :thup:

Aha! You ARE a kid. Got hooked on the CFL when we moved to Canada when I was 8. Then I started watching games through holes in the fence at old Civic Stadium in Hamilton in the year you were born.

I just want to hear straight from the horses mouth from the command centre what they saw and why they are making some of these decisions . It would give me a little peace of mind when I only see the TSN replay or stadium replay and it does no concur with what the viewer sees .

Well it appears that Austin and the Cats are not 100% sold on this experiment and are somewhat to a degree reluctant participants in this live mic scenario.

Here's the link from 3Down Nation :

[url=http://3downnation.com/2016/08/27/ticats-reluctant-participants-tsn-micd-experiment/]http://3downnation.com/2016/08/27/ticat ... xperiment/[/url]

And this excerpt from that link Bobo was one of the concerns I had as a Ti-Cats fan as soon as I heard about this.

Austin and several players have expressed concern that audio gleaned from the broadcast could put them at a competitive disadvantage in subsequent games, negatively impact the way they communicate with one another on the field and potentially hurt their reputations.

“There are challenges with hurry-up and catching key phrases and words that you might hear in a huddle that’s also used in hurry up that’s now on a broadcast that can be recorded and catalogued,? Austin said.

I still just do not get what the point is.

It is like TSN is trying to promote the CFL to people who would not watch anyway.

Is it another lame attempt to lure younger viewers ?
Like FloRider in EDM or Beiber at the 2012 Grey Cup.
Like it is ok to watch the CFL because those at the Tennessee corncob expo think it is cool. ( or whatever )

If they are not going to watch, they are not going to watch.
Stop with the cheap ass marketing lures.

I hope this fails . Just so they do not do it again.

As much as I hate listening to these local Calgary radio hacks, I have no choice.

It will be annoying and distracting with the mic ups.

Aww. There goes my drinking game. lol

LOL !!! And no Rod Black to boot :smiley: :lol:

Go Ticats Go!!!!!

I have no problem with trying something new…I am just not interested in this…as are a few others
My point is that just because someone does not agree…they are not whiners…nor trolls

Gonna be a very sober game. :smiley:

Does Calgary ever sell out those top corners?

I think it was Big Dave who said it: While mic'ing up is a cool idea, a lot of the code is meaningless to me. lol

Suitor: "Every word he says makes sense." Yes, to the people with the playbook. lol

Tonight is when the East starts beating the West!!

Edit : I spoke too soon.

Not much from tbe coaches yet. Are they blocking it all?

I hate Live Mic. :thdn: