CFL on Sportsnet

15 min before the show starts , wonder how good it will be, as good at tsn or not?

I have only seen Sportsnet do a couple CFl games and that was in 2007, and there production was garbage, it was the worst. I think it is great they are doing CFL shows and I hope they continue with that, but unless they can get decent announcers I'd rather the game be on TSN.

Sandy Anunziata is a real talent. Really enjoyed his presentation. Better than any of the TSN bunch IMO.

It was very well done.

Just finished watching it very well done :thup: I think a lot of these sports TV programs and sports radio programs are looking at the cfl and saying that this league is looking more and more big league every year,(except for toronto they have a lot of work to do) But the CFL has REALY grown big time.

Wow, I know the Esks have vastly improved this year, Richie Hall is taking over the D etc., etc., but I was a little surprised to see ALL prognosticators pick them to come out of the tight West.

I think it was Willie Pless, Jim Lang, Sandy Annunziata and Giulio Caravatta. :o

Well, I now have a reason to watch some Sportsnet besides some hockey and some NFL football. Will set the PVR for this as well of course for tomorrow's TSN specials on the CFL.
Good on Sportsnet.

Oops, I guess I missed it, is it being shown again does anyone know?

sportsnet hasn’t showed CFL games during all the time i’ve been following the CFL ( 2005-present ).

Yes in fact they did have a few back some years ago. Bad production, no question, you could tell they were putting the minimum into it.

again, not from 2005-2010.

taken from a website:
On February 28, 2007, the CFL announced details of the 2007 broadcast schedule which included all 77 games broadcast across the country by partners TSN, CBC or RDS.

The year's regular season schedule saw 50 games aired on TSN, which were also carried live on TSN Broadband, 22 games on CBC and a minimum of 16 Montreal Alouettes' games on RDS. Coverage of the entire post-season, including the 95th Grey Cup in Toronto, Ontario, returned to CBC and RDS in the fall. The 2007 season would be the CBC's final season as a CFL broadcaster for the foreseeable future, as the CFL and TSN begin an exclusive 5-year deal with the 2008 CFL season.

I watched some, must have been prior to 2005.

Just checked out this on YouTube, give them some slack, good effort:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=football+gameplan+preview+cfl&aq=f]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... w+cfl&aq=f[/url]

apparently winnipeg was 3rd in the west last year?!?!..lol

matt stegall???

overall, good effort.

It was an Okay Show but TSN's will be better and More Indepth

I liked the Sportsnet special, obvious they had limited access but I appreciated the honesty of the panel. TSN's will be more polished but the content will be colored with fake hype and playing to certain markets. There is room for both.

This bodes well for the CFL if Sportsnet is interested in carrying some games, maybe some increased TV rights. Of course Sportsnet doesn't have experience in football production, they just carry NFL feeds from American stations. So they will be behind TSN in terms of production quality. But impressed at any rate doing a CFL preview show.

Not bad Sportsnet, it was actually a whole lot better than what i thought it would be, however tsn's season preview is an hour longer and will likely be much more in-depth.

The problem is no one watchs Sportsnet

If you're into baseball a lot you watch Sportsnet and soccer and of course the NHL which I think just The Score doesn't carry. Myself I PVR TSN Sportscentre every night so I can watch when I want before I go to work.

pretty good job on sunday with the coverage. loved the start, showing the penalty again. still makes me laugh.

The problem with sports net is there is no other teams beyond the alberta saskatchewan border, watched rider,als game what was called one of the most exciting games ever next I watched argos ,stamps and I have to admit I fell asleep (to worn out from rider als game) next morning watched sports net connected they said up next greatest game cfl history? After commercial break we watched every lame play in that game talked to every player then finally showed fantuz td catch, riders 1st ot points then the 13th man from grey cup and als td and 2 point catches, ending with dresslers td catch maby
1 1/2 min total for the greatest game ever. 7 min dedicated to the calgary snooze fest. Sports net will be at best a regional brodcaster. TSN crushes them on all fronts.