CFL Nissan Titan Power Rankings

Total wins of the teams Edmonton has beaten is 9.for the ticats its 26.this is a no brainer for the rankings

Thank goodness you were only kidding…Rick was pretty good in his day but it is long gone.

…perfect rating…well done!

Maybe we can get Kevin Glenn. He apparently turned down an offer from Winnipeg.

One of the reasons - or analysis - that I heard for that is that Winnipeg’s offense runs through Andrew Harris who is healthy and thus they maintain their top ranking even with Nichols down. I suppose one could also consider that Masoli is gone for the the season while Nichols (and Mitchell) will both return at some point. Regardless while I don’t always agree with the power ranking whatever the reason used for ranking teams, the important stat is the league standings and right now we’re first in the east and tied for the top record in the league. We could conceivably end up with the best record in the league too after this weekend IF we win and the 'Peggers can’t pull out the W in Edmonton.

BTW Pat Lynch - I like your handle - the law partner in Fleecum Cheatum and Howe! ;D ;D

Wow, you’re right. I knew they were beating weaker teams, but they’ve beat:

MTL week 1
BC week 2
BC week 5
TOR week 7
OTT week 9
TOR week 10

That’s the bottom half of the league. They’ve yet to beat a team with a winning record.

Good Point! They have lost to two of the teams above .500 in Winnipeg & Calgary.

Must be someone out west tabulating the power rankings??

They’re just looking at the standings, ignoring the fact that the west has played the Arghos and the Lions a total of 14 times, while the east has plagued them a total of three times.

Though, if they looked purely at the standings, we would be in 1st since we are tied in points with Winnipeg and same amount of games played, but we’ve beat them.

I have no doubt that if Masoli was healthy, we’d be 1st. They really knocked us down when he got injured. But strangely, when other teams are without their starter, that doesn’t effect their ranking (see Stamps a few weeks ago, and Bombers after last week).

You could say “Hamilton depends more on their QB”, but that’s simply untrue. Our specials and defence have been scoring points and making plays as well, we aren’t fully dependant on our offense for points.

Sorry, Pat. As someone who sat on Larry’s lap as a boy and who got greeted with clouds of cigar smoke by Moe - my dad was in show biz - the correct name of that firm run by the Stooges was “DEWEY, CHEATUM & HOWE.”

So my friend Pat… this time, “Close, but no cigar.”

Hamilton get little respect from TSN, CFL.ca and 3downnation. Its a joke if its not being left out of promo’s and commercials its in rankings etc. Honestly Coach O has done a great job keeping the team focused and not paying attention to outside noise.

What promos or commercials has the Ticats been left out of?

Many video clips and such on TSN etc. Rarely do they show the Cats. That said I cannot provide actual dates and times so sorry, you will just have to believe me Crash.

If they do show the Cats it’s usually when we are getting scored on or something that makes us look bad.

Of course.
I’ll keep watching, seeing as they only use about 4 clips recorded before the season.

We seemed to be well represented with Masoli/Banks in the Reklaws video for Thursday night football.

They made Masoli the face of the schedule.

Maybe they left us out of all of the other ones.

Rankings decision makers in meetings all day tomorrow …

to figure out how to punish Hamilton for squeaking by a 1 win team yet praise and promote MTL for the same thing

My guess…

Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Montreal
Ottawa Redblacks
BC
Toronto
Ottawa Roughriders
All extinct US Teams
Ottawa Renegades

Hamilton

Then. “Masoli out for the year? , whoa, hold on folks the East is now wide open!”

Now. "Yeah, they’re 8-2 but they barely beat OTT and BC so something something ".

Same people.

oh those silly little power rankings, absolutely meaningless and yet impossible to ignore for most fans.

It’s fun entertainment and I always get a kick out seeing everyone’s reactions to them.

I’d actually prefer for the Ticats not to be listed first in the rankings.

HAM , 8-2. in the “wide open” East punished for “quality of opponent” .
But 6 win SSK gets bumped up three spots for beating OTT.
6 win EDM no demotion for being a no-show at home in their supposed statement game loss vs Bummers.

Great work team.