CFL needs some common sense

They should of had a double-header on friday and saturday instead of 2 games on sunday on nfl kickoff weekend, why go head-to-head with nfl? CBC aint even showing anything good on saturday nights.

It's the way it has usually been I believe ( although I could be wrong ). The CFL will still likely top the NFL ratings in Canada, but I would agree they might lose some marginally fans that prefer the NFL but still watch the CFL.

We have this discussion every year.

The highest ratings for the CFL have always come on Sunday afternoons. The start of the NFL season just seems to give the CFL more hype as more people watch after NFL starts. And CFL always beats NFL on Sundays.

No reason to run from the NFL

CFL wins by a LANDSLIDE.

the Riders/Bombers game will top all weekend ratings.

I can't wait for tomorrow's games.
In my opinion Winnipeg-Saskatchwan's rematch will get the biggest numbers of the weekend.

I think it's a great idea. The games start at 1 PM and 4 PM, and the second game will likely end a little after 7 PM, which gives people a small break to do whatever before Sunday Night Football (NFL) starts.

Small point. For those of us in the west, games before 12 PST interfere with church, therefore, many potential viewers are in church during the first game. Maybe something to consider?

Part of this is very true... WHY WAS THE ARGO GAME SO STINKING EARLY? lol.

You know what CBC showed in primetime? horsejumping... Horse Jumping. Why? Just why?

But to the same extent of why have games on sunday, why have games on saturday?

atleast sunday it's only head to head vs. the NFL
Saturday it's CFL vs. CIS vs. NCAA more competition especially as the CIS and NCAA are more entertaining then the NFL.

Here is the thing:
YOU CANNOT MOVE THE DATE OF THE BANJO BOWL!
THE BANJO BOWL IS TO BE PLAYED ON SUNDAY IT IS TRADITION LIKE CFL PLAYOFFS ON SUNDAYS AND THE DATE OF THE LABOUR DAY GAMES(Prairie, Alberta and Ontario)

for the BC/MTL game however that could have easily been moved to 7 PM Saturday.

It is true that a schedule of:
EDM/CGY - friday 8:30 Eastern kickoff(TSN)
TO/HAM - Saturday 3 Eastern kickoff(CBC or TSN)
BC/MTL - Saturday 6:30 Eastern kickoff(CBC or TSN)
SSK/WPG - Sunday 4 Eastern kickoff(TSN)
Perfect, the best part? the time delay between games which allows for a post game wrap-up and warm-up for the next game during which fans at the first game can get home or to a bar to watch the second game(yes some CFL fans like to do that)

the CFL schedule is pretty bad in different ways, the sunday game this weekend however is not at all part of the problem it is in fact properly placed(and already sold out(both games))

MTL game will be sold out(20K+)
Bomber game is past capacity(over almost 30K tickets sold, possibly more if people are just going to be shoved into the end zone, capacity is 29.533)

Thats right! I'm praying for a quick return of Buck Pierce! :wink:

First and foremost, I love the CFL. But I like watching the NFL. So Im always flipping channels all the time on Sundays lol

Toronto has no control over their schedule. Its all dictated to them by the Jays.

At least this year the Argos are getting slightly better start times with them leaving part of the pitchers mound and base paths on the field during Argo games. That is helping marginally.

The jays don't have another home game till Tuesday, a late Saturday game or Sunday afternoon game still leaves them plenty of time

Same here. At least when the Argos aren't playing.

I'll always take the CFL over the NFL if it's a head-to-head matchup. CFL teams have personality and because it's a small league, I know each team pretty well. There are too many teams and too much movement in the NFL for me to really care about more than five or six teams.

So I wouldn't change a thing. And I think the ratings bear me out.

See Argotom's post on the weekend CFL tv ratings. The CFL smoked the NFL...