CFL needs Rob Ford and Mike Duffy!

Toronto needs better attendance. Who better than Ford to attract a new breed of fan :wink: :thup: :rockin:

As for a league p.r. man - Duffy is it. :twisted:
With a Western and Eastern Conference he could claim living expenses in two places and be without controversy.

C'mon owners- our Comissioner guy is too bland and sterile. Bring in Ford and Duffy now!! :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile: :frowning: :cry: :wink: :expressionless:

All I can say is that Ford is a HUGE supporter of the ARgos and attends all the games and even the pre-season game. He runs an coaches an amateur football and I know he has been active in trying to find a home for the Argos.

Compare him to the last Mayor David Miller, who just threw a tantrum and returned his TFC tickets as a protest against the rumour of the Argos going to BMO. Miller was, and is anti-CFL but he probably fits in well with most Torontonians.

Well, if Ford is guilty of the crack, he should admit it in a court of law when under oath and if he lies, then that is very illegal of course. He doesn't need to resign now though, I agree with him on that. He has every right to go through the legal system, presumed innocent until proven guilty, like everyone else. It is perfectly legal to say nothing until you are tried in a court of law.

Miller has the pretty boy looks and "pretend I'm tough" soccer style temper tantrum. Agree, that fits in perfectly with many Torontonians to a tee. 8) But who would I want covering my back in a gang shootout, Ford or Miller? I will say Ford with absolutely no hesitation.

Excellent entertainment value :thup:

The issue Ford will have is this drags out for months it will be a ciricus and is this good for Toronot no its not he should step down now clear his name then everything will be fine more or less.

:(

On a serious note, some posters have made reference to Rob Ford having been a football player and coach. Being so, does not excuse inappropriate behaviour (not referring to drug allegations as there are no charges only allegations). Ford should be judged, like all of us, on our public behaviour as he is a public figure.
In my opinion, he is embarrassing and I am offended if folks look at this and equate his behaviour as typical for a football coach or player.
Imagine if Ford was presently coaching your son or daughter with his behavioural body of work. I certainly would have concerns.
And, if all football personnel in schools were said to be like this model, I would be more than embarrassed for the decent, hard working , honest, coaches etc. who demand fair play and display sportsmanship and good decorum publicly.
I started this thread to be humourous but have realized that those good folks involved in amateur football deserve a better fate than being compared to this individual who presents himself wrong in so many ways. We need good role models for our kids not self ingratiating buffoons.

CFL Forever

A couple of real "turkeys" if you you ask me. The police video surveillance of Ford standing beside his car urinating on the sidewalk pretty much says what a boor this guy is in my opinion. The sooner both of these two are gone the better.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/crime/2013/05/17/130517_CRIME_FORDQUIMBY.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

WENDY'S FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL....NEW SPOKESMAN!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And put the new Maritime team in PEI! :thup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVRHBvUzcM

ROB FORD CONFESSION PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :cowboy:

That was one of the funniest videos I've seen in ages!! :thup:

Appreciate the humour of some of the posts but indeed this is a serious issue so you get :thup: :thup: :thup: from me!

I'm reminded of this oldie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSfrbqCQr78

The guy should be put on a paid leave of absence for his own personal health and for the city as a whole. Not saying he needs to resign, because the legal process needs to take its course, but this will clearly affect how he does his job.

New candidate takes a CRACK at being Mayor!!!! :cowboy: :rockin:

Maybe rob ford could be the new CEO of the Argos! I would say he would do a far better Job then what Chris rudge is doing with the team these days!

CRACK EXECUTIVE OFFICER !!!!! :cowboy:

The "NEW" McKenzie Brothers.....Today's topic is.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cowboy: :cowboy: