CFL needs an online way to watch games

Sorry, I've just found this forum but I'm here because as a guy that lives overseas I can't watch any games. I really don't get why there is no online package like every major sport has. I try to keep up but it is really frustrating when everyone outside of North America seems to be shut out from seeing any games online. I think a reasonable price would be a hundred bucks for the year and look something like the other sports services that many people including myself subscribe to. I've read online about how the TSN contract is a great thing for the CFL but from my perspective it is hard to agree with that simply because they want everyone paying for their channel and don't have overseas content available. In fact, I have TSN at my house in Canada and pay for the channel but I can't log in from out of country either. To me I really don't get how the CFL expects to keep fans let alone gain them if we have no way of watching them. I wonder how many others are like me and hopefully the new commissioner reads this...

http://cfl.yaretv.com/

http://cfl.yaretv.com/packages.php

I have not tried this service myself, but it claims to be widely available. Another thing you could try is to use a VPN to make TSN think your overseas computer is in Canada and then log in with your Canadian cable info. It does seem unfair to pay for the stream if you already pay at home.

The CFL International streaming service is AVAILABLE in the following countries:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo Republic of (Brazzaville), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea - Democratic People's Rep. (North Korea), Korea - Republic of (South Korea), Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Burma, Nepal, Netherlands, Niger, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian territories, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Reunion Island, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia (Slovak Republic), Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria (Syrian Arab Republic), Taiwan (Republic of China), Tajikistan, Thailand, Tibet, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vatican City State, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen

Thanks for that :)It is still not exactly what I want though but it is better than having no way to watch it at all and I'm surprised I hadn't found that. Thanks again. But, what I need is to subscribe for a season and have all games on demand like I do for the NHL. Then, I can watch my games even a week later if I am super busy or even go back to watch games with friends a few months later when it was a good one. Limiting on demand to 48 hours is kind of weird if you also take into account the time zone changes and trying to get friends together to watch it in countries on opposite sides of the world. I am almost never going to be able to watch live games from overseas because of that. In most cases it is impossible or impractical. If the CFL wants to grow in numbers they have to look at what every other league is doing. It is actually becoming a chore to keep following this league and I'm a supporter and love the CFL and have been my whole life. If I'm saying that it is too hard to find a way to watch then what does that mean for others that are on the fence? It is certainly hard to grow the sport in my opinion.

https://www.vipbox.nu/

under football category. its not pretty but it works in a pinch

Espn3 carries all the games on their streaming network.

FWIW I live in Saskatchewan and I can't even get the cfl on the radio for crying out loud except for the very few teams the still have a home radio station carrying the games. (Sk, Winnipeg, Ed, Calgary & BC).... oh look it's all western teams....hmmm wonder why interest in the east is waning.

Ya perhaps availability would help generate interest.

Why would Saskatchewan care to eastern teams feeds?

All eastern teams (Toronto sort of) have home local radio coverage.

…so you can’t get any CFL games on the radio except for those CFL games you get on the radio?

They do have season subscriptions from those same links. I don’t know why they limit the on demand access, though.

Do you know how long TSN keeps their games available to stream on demand? If they do keep them longer, then I’d strongly recommend you go the VPN route, especially since you’re paying for TSN already.

I spent about 15 years around Seoul and would have loved to have good reliable streams of the games. Basically as soon as I come back, they start offering that service.

Funny, now that I’m back in Canada, I kind of miss being able to watch the games in the morning before getting on with my day afterward.

The eastern teams all switched to tsn radio.
tsn does not work for everyone, nothing as far as media like radio and video anyways.

Also I prefer to follow the entire league not just the west. For instance if 2 eastern teams are playing in the eastern final all I would get is to be able to read about it after the game unless I can find an unauthorized feed somewhere. ( which is totally likely but not a given)

As it is, it looks like I'll be forced to listen to homeboy Roddy and the gang for this sunday's game....or find something that is unauthorized.

...ah, I see what you're saying now...but you have internet access, why not live stream audio from TSN, is that a thing? I'm not sure...

I have subscribed to the Yare TV service since it started at the beginning of the season and it’s great. I also subscribe to NHL GameCentre Live and the Yare service is slightly less slick but equally good. There was a problem with the feed once and customer service responded to my email within minutes.

I’m not sure where you got the 48 hour limit from. I can watch all this year’s games from the archive in my account. It’s a great service - often I can’t watch live as well and I’ll check out the week’s game when I get home from work.

I’ve watched games live and from the archive in Thailand, Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia plus the USA & UK (using a VPN). All but Vietnam have been great quality, full HD feeds with no lag as if I was watching on TSN back in Canada. Vietnam has pretty lousy, government controlled internet so can’t really blame the Yare guys. This is a huge improvement over previous seasons where I had to use dodgy websites to catch games or hope that someone would upload to YouTube.

Subscribe! At least for the conference finals/Grey Cup. That’ll give you an idea of what the service is like.

Cheers!

I listen to all the Games on the radio:

BC- TSN 1040
Edm- 630 CHED
Cal - QR 770
Sask - 620 CKRM
Win - 680 CJOB
Ham - TSN 1150
Tor - TSN 1050 (home)
Ott - TSN 1200
Mtl - TSN 960

As fora streaming service, I wish there was a CFL pay-per-view service, at least for Playoffs and Grey Cup. These other third party sites probably work, but going to the League website, inputting credit card here, and $$ later, voila!

I would love this service too. I suspect that TSN will begin offering this option in the coming years, but it should have been done a couple years ago.

Ya of that list anything from tsn will not work at all period. end the line, no sound, no video, no action whatsoever, d-e-a-d is dead. TSN=DEAD nuthing nadda.

Kamloops has a radio station that still broadcasts the BC games FWIW. I’ve no access to the east at all, the best I can do is read about it after the game on this site.

Again tsn gives me nothing… nothing at all. I have never owned TV. Haven’t watched tv since 1992 except for cfl and hockey. I do that online.

I too would love that service but does it have to be tsn. I say this because I have not been able to watch anything on tsn for several years now (not even short video clips…nutin nadda ze-ro).
To top it off this year their radio stopped working as well.

Buddy sent me these: CKRM radio meets TSN highlights

Argos/Riders in October

ESF RedBlacks vs Riders

Ah yes I can watch videos anywhere else hmmm seems to me maybe sportsnet has quit working recently as well, page doesn’t even load from last I recall.

Anyway youtube works, thank you very much.

This conversation takes me back to one weekend this summer at the lake. We have TV out there, but no TSN on our TV plan. No internet but neighbour has. My son brings out some box he connects to TV via HDMI cable and steals neighbours (with permission) internet signal, then via Bluetooth he supplies this box via his phone which is logged onto the wifi/web. This box allowed him to access whatever he wanted - all via the web. I thought he was full of shit when he said he could do this, but instead we watched the game in HD and stereo sound - a first for out there.

I can get along fine, but definitely am no techie and would probably burn the place to the ground if I attempted this myself, but I did see (and hear) it work with my own eyes. If I get the name for this thing I will post it in here. Maybe they make them already wifi ready?