CFL movie in the works? (Actor Chris Bickford wants to make Mighty Ducks-style CFL movie)

This guy was also mentioned in an article last week - said he thought the CFL should challenge the NFL to an exhibition game. I got a chuckle out of that but you gotta admire this guy’s ambition and moxie. The league could sure as hell use some more of it.

in other words, he wants to make a joke out of the CFL

Maybe they can get that donkey/mule that kicked field goals in the Disney movie from the 60s? Think he actually made it in the NFL in the movie.

As some would say, any publicity is good publicity...

Been there. Done that. Got the t shirt to prove it.

https://3downnation.com/2016/03/20/a-history-of-cfl-vs-nfl-exhibition-games/

Mike, were you at the game with the Bills? That would have been cool.

I recall Canadian university all stars also playing a group of some NCAA competition for a couple of years around 1979-80. It was called the CanAm Bowl or something. I think they played 1st half Cdn rules, second half American. US team always seemed to pull away in the second half. Interesting experiment though, I remember John Priestner being Canada’s starting MLB.

[quote="Schweinhund, post:5, topic:70479"]
... Bills? That would have been cool.I recall Canadian university all stars also playing a group of some NCAA competition for a couple of years around 1979-80. It was called the CanAm Bowl or something. I think they played 1st half Cdn rules, second half American. US team always seemed to pull away in the second half. Interesting experiment though, I remember John Priestner being Canada’s starting MLB.

Can-am bowl in Tampa

The Can-Am Bowl, an All-Star game pitting collegians from the United States and Canada against each other, was especially unique since the game was played by Canadian football rules. For one afternoon, top seniors from major American universities would play football against the top seniors and underclassmen from Canada. The city of Tampa, of all places, served as the battleground to finally settle the age-old debate of football superiority between these two border nations.

In a surprise to no one, the United States prevailed over the Canadians by a score of 22-7. Rather than being a wide-open shootout, however, the game was a defensive struggle. In fact, Team Canada, not the U.S., was be responsible for the only offensive touchdown of the game, a 1-yard run in the fourth quarter to avoid a shutout and cap the game's scoring.

The U.S. put up the majority of its points on a pair of interceptions returned for touchdowns. In the second quarter, Vanderbilt cornerback Bernard Wilson picked off a pass by Arcadia University’s Bob Cameron and returned it 44 yards for the game's first touchdown. Wilson’s score followed a U.S. field goal and two "rouges," one-point bonuses awarded to the kicking team for tackling a returner in his own end zone on a kickoff or punt. Colorado State punter Mike Deutsch recorded two rouges in a span of two minutes and two seconds for the Americans.

Georgia linebacker Ben Zambiasi added to the Americans’ lead with a 10-yard interception return for a touchdown in the third quarter. The extra point put the U.S. ahead 22-0. Coincidentally, Zambiasi went on to have a successful 11-year career in the professional Canadian Football League. An eight-time CFL All-Star who played in four Grey Cup championship games and won one, he was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 2004. And Cameron, Canada’s beleaguered quarterback that day, eventually won three Grey Cups and still holds the CFL record for most career punting yards.

I would have been 5 at the time. I was just using a well worn phrase. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries - couldn't tell if you were serious or just using a figure of speech. I wonder if Jack Kemp would have been the Bills Qb at the time.