CFL Mount Rushmore

Mrstallion,

My bad. I thought I wrote him in as an honorable mention. That’s another one I totally forgot to put in.

I agree with you that Bo Levi could easily be there. I put Flutie in there because he was without a doubt one of the top 1 - 3 lists of most electrifying Quarterbacks that I ever seen play in our league. I mean no disrespect to Bo Levi if that’s what you were implying.

When Bo Levi retires, there is no doubt that on his personal stats alone, he will be in the conversation of an Anthony Calvillo, Ricky Ray, Damon Allen, and Henry Burris.

We can even put Hugh Campbell on that list as well. He was a big part of the Edmonton Dynasty from 78 - 82 of 5 Grey Cups in a row.

What about Lovell Colman, he use to kill the Lions. If it wasn’t for George Reed playing at the same time Colman’s name would be right up there with the best.

Bud Grant.

Yeah Grant is up there too…good one

That coudl very well be sir, I know Coleman is up there amoungst best Stamp RB’s but I don’t know a lot because he was before my time

No doubt, he should be there as well. 5 cups in a row and sustained success beyond the 5 in a row, is unmatched. I will admit I maybe a little biased with my picks :wink:

Mrstallion,

There is no doubt there will be a little biased on any pick you make, especially when you pick a list on your favorite team. You're always going to forget to place someone on the list as there have been so many past and modern players, coaches etc. As an Argonauts fan, I don't think I put Carl Brazley on my list of honorable mentions. He was a great DB and Special Teams Returner.

I forgot to include Cal Murphy. Great coach for Winnipeg.

For the Alouettes, you need include honourable mentions to the following:

Sonny Wade, George Dixon, Jim Andreotti, Jim Reynolds, John Baker, Larry Fairholm, Moses Denson, Ed George, Dickie Harris & Junior Ah You.

But how in the world Johnny Rodgers is missing from your primary list is a mystery to me.

MadJack,

that is a good list also. I guess when your free writing you get into a groove. There is still a lot of players when you sit and think for all teams that you will leave off. Most of those players were before my time, but I heard they were staples in Montreal. Especially Sonny Wade, George Dixon, and Johnny Rogers.

Yeah well. . . . . . I’m old.

Don’t forget Frank Clair

I’m going to guess it’s because he was only there for 4 years. One Grey Cup, should have been two. Didn’t go back to the original post but was Dalla Riva on that list. If not that’s a mistake.

No doubt Frank Clair should be up there. He was successful in both Ottawa and Toronto.