CFL in every province.

I am probebly just dreaming here but I wish there would be some super rich person out there that would bring CFL teams to places all over Canada. Nova Scotia? New Brunswick? Newfoundland? This is the Canadian Football League it would be nice if all of Canada was covered. I think Nova Scotia would work if a team was in Halifax but i'm not sure if the population of Newfoundland "St Johns" or Newbrunswick "Moncton" would support it. Oh well one day if I have a lost billionaire uncle who dies and leaves the fortune to me I will try it.

GO CATS

recall an old triumph tune- hold on to your dream! :stuck_out_tongue: - community Ownrship -ie sask.

Just make the CFL amateur, no pay for the players, and then voila, we have the equivalent of the CHL. Oh wait, we do have this in university athletics. The model is already there. Silly me. :wink:

Wouldn't it be great to have a 10 or 12 team league.

If that was ever possible, then you would a very economically viable league, for all of it's members.

why dont we just buy out the NFL.

Let's put a 32,000 seat stadium in P.E.I. We could call it.... say.... Charlottetown (pop. 32,700).

:)

"If you're going to be thinking, you may as well think big"
Donald Trump

At least one team in every province... a worthy goal! Where do we start

You might as well be realistic while you're at it also. And why are you all excluding the territories and Nunavit?

We'd have to expand into the states, maybe after Bush is out and the war is over we could convince any number of the US contractors who robbed their country blind during the war to invest in putting CFL teams in northern US cities.

(Iwillsackyou) I am probably just dreaming here but I wish there would be some super rich person out there that would bring CFL teams to places all over Canada. Nova Scotia? New Brunswick? Newfoundland? This is the Canadian Football League it would be nice if all of Canada was covered. I think Nova Scotia would work if a team was in Halifax but i'm not sure if the population of Newfoundland "St Johns" or New Brunswick "Moncton" would support it. Oh well one day if I have a lost billionaire uncle who dies and leaves the fortune to me I will try it. GO CATS
Hey, maybe we could go outside the provinces and put teams in places like the Northwest Territories.

Edmonton might have to look for another moniker as it would be fitting to let a team "up there" be called the Eskimos.

Think about it, Iwillsackyou, an idea like this can't work. As Mark points out, we could put PEI"s entire population in Ivor Wynne stadium. However, I like your thinking since I am definitely in favour of expanding the league, but it would have to be in cities that could support a CFL team and stadium.