CFL IMPROT RULES SHOULD BE CHANGED

if the cfl wants to be a major league, they need to cancel the import rules and allow any player of any origin to play. Why segregate people? i thuought Canada allwoed anybody? Also it doesn't make sense that a kicker/punter count on the import rules, when they might play 5 plays per game, yet a QB doesn't count against import rules, and they are on the field half of the game. It makes no sense. There should be no import rules, everybody deserves to make the same, you can have overrated canadian players that might play 7-9 plays per game, making more money than an american who is mroe talented and plays 20 plays per game.

This topic has been discussed at length playmaker in the past. The CFL is a small league, not a minor league, as someone else suggested. If it was strictly minor, you would have a relationship like the NHL is to the AHL or MLB to AAA. The NFL and CFL are completely different leagues. Also, if the CFL was strictly minor, then CFL TV ratings wouldn't be greater than say and MLB team like the Jays are, and something like the GC wouldn't be getting some 3 mill viewers.
That being said, I agree it could look more major league by cancelling the import rule, but this has a price to pay and I don't think a lot of fans want this and the CFLPA would not allow this. It just ain't going to happen.

no import rules, anybody can play, they should just extend gameday rosters from 42 to 50 to allow more flexibility for coaches and players.

yeah, I agree, there should be no imports. All players should be canadians. I am sick and tired of people from other countries coming here and taking jobs away from Canadians, then taking our money back home. Keep Canadians working and keep our money here :rockin: :thup:

no, they should allow players from any country, and teams can have players from anywhere on their roster, no matter if your canadian/american/or any other place, they should just extend the roster sizes to allow more players.

Check out what the MLS is doing for their first Canadian based team in Toronto, I think there will be a rule that so many Canadians have to be on the team.

so, what do you think of canadians companies laying off Canadians so they can send the work overseas for cheaper?

Do you work yet? Do you want to?

So your definition of a "major league" is having huge USA exposure? We would probably lose more Canadian viewers then gain by taking away the import rule.

I personally enjoy having fewer teams as it makes following the league much easier. I don't need to dedicate my life to follow the CFL like you would have to with NFL.

Dont forget, we have more teams per capita than the NFL does.

I have no problem with the import rule what so ever.
This is a Canadian league and keeping 50% of the players is fine.

What would be the purpose anyway? Having more outside players who cant play our game in the first place?

Maybe they should go back to the old rule of giving imports non-import status if they stay after a certain peroid of time. Does anyone know why they got rid of that rule? Seemed like a good one to me.

At this point anyway ro1313. Enough talented Canadians to go around. Not a big issue right now I dont' think, only with a small percentage of people out there.

i dont blame canadian companies for laying off workers, this is how the world operates, companies shift from place to place in order to maximize profits and increase productivity.

I work and if I was replaced, then so be it, I can't get mad.

IF THE CFL WANTED TO BECOME LIKE THE NHL OR KILL ITSELF, THEY WOULD ONLY JUST HAVE TO GET RID OF THE IMPORT RULE, AND HISTORY WILL DO THE REST!

KEEP THE RULE THE WAY IT IS, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, NO AMERICAN OR OTHER PLAYERS ARE COMPLAINING, FOREGIN FANS SHUT UP ONCE THEY UNDER STAND IT, IT'S DONE IN OTHER LEAGFUES AROUND THE WORLD AS WELL LIKE IN THE NFLEL AND ITALY SOCCER LEAGUES!!!

LEAVE IT!!! NUFF SAID.

It's called best man for the job, this will force Canadians to work as hard as Americans if they want to make a living playing football. The import rule is just plain stupid, I could care less what country the players are from.

American players who come up and get cut even though they're better than half the Canadians on the team obviously complain about it. I've heard anouncers complain about it.

well, hard luck, this is the CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE, you can’t win here w/o great CANADIAN talent. deal with it! or go try for the NFL.

Obviously, half the rosters HAS to be Canadian's, if you take away the import rules there will STILL be Canadian players here, but ONLY the good ones. Would you shed tears for all the Canadians who get beat out by Americans because they're NOT as good?

somethings are more important than sports and entertainment. Keeping jobs for Canadians and Keeping Canadian money in Canada is way more important.

Americans complaining? Who the hell cares.

If you feel that strongly don't buy any American products, don't watch American movies, and don't drink Tim Hurtons coffee.