CFL Grey Cup Challenge

Gotta play YYZ then. Those are the call sign letters for Toronto’s airport.

2 Likes

Abbie’s plan was to take the gold and head south to Mexico in the event of a tie. I thought you knew that?

4 Likes

Done. Surprisingly doesn’t hurt…too bad.

3 Likes

I picked the right team but was a bit off on the scores. Congrats Argos.

Seem to me Illinois guy deserves an atta boy. He came closest as far as win loss goes T-24 W-15

2 Likes

Perhaps Maaax was closest? T-23 W-19

1 Like

If there was a tie as per the conversation pointed/talked about above, I am thinking about the coin flip at the start of the Grey Cup game. Thus Cflukb69 would have first pick either heads or tails and Jon would get the otherside of the coin flip. What does everyone else think about that?

Your house, your rules but you could go total passing/rushing yards for both teams, number of turnovers and/or first type of scoring play ie) field goal, rouge, safety, touchdown before coin flip.

I could live with that, but in the spirit of the CFL playoff system my suggestion would be that the person that resides the farthest West gets the victory.

Seriously though, as this isn’t soccer, you could invoke a Price is Right type tiebreaker and give it to the person who is under the total score. In this case had the total score been 50 that would have been Cfluk at 47 instead of myself at 53. If either one of those last two field goal attempts had been good we would have had a tie this year so we came very close, although it probably won’t happen often or even again. If you flip a coin it has to be a tunnel coin flip I would say.

The only other thing you had to do was to pull out your old Blackberry phone and use it for a text or two.

Isn’t there room on the trophy for 2 names? Share the glory.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for my runner up prizes. Unlike some I didn’t even get a participation ribbon.

Maybe Maaax was right. Abbey ABsconded with the trophy & the ribbons to Mexico! :astonished:

I heard he went to Vegas, melted down the trophy, sold it and bet on Arizona to win last night :wink:

1 Like

I caved too. Congrats Argonaut Fans.

2 Likes

[quote="Jon, post:90, topic:82509"]If you flip a coin it has to be a tunnel coin flip I would say.
[/quote]

The coin flip would be the actual on field coin flip to decide who gets heads or tails. An example: The Referee flips the coin and it lands heads, and Cflukb69 has heads beside his game score would then get the tie breaker. If it lands tails then Jon would receive the tie breaker. Hope this scenario makes sense?

So you’re saying that it could be a tunnel coin flip as in a Bomber game earlier in the year!

I don’t think you will need it Abbey, but whatever you decide is fine with me. I wouldn’t be opposed to soccer style free kicks, which is essentially the same as a coin flip. You could play goal if you want.

I’m still thinking that both combatants ought to fight it out to the end with pointy sticks. There’s way too much riding on this contest to let a mere coin flip decide the outcome.

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s not the World Cup.

1 Like

Im not sure its needed.
Couple of wackier suggestions
-Best regular season record gets the tie breaker if needed.
-time for first td, closest wins. 1 to 60
-odds and evens of rouges in game, chooser picks odds or even.
-guess the attendence, closest wins.

I dont fancy furthest west wins even schooner fans beat me :grinning:

One thing i might suggest is both finalists send their score to you first. Not an issue mind.