CFL goes wrong in Grey Cup Halftime music

What are you talking about? R&B, Hip hop, and Pop music genres combined only equal less than a percant of sales more than Rock. Rock has its highest sales its had since Nirvana days in 94. R&B sales also include the blues too.

Muchmusic and MTV are payed off by record labels, and is only for girls that talk like this "like totally like totally" in ever sentance.

Trailer Park Boy's standup routine??

black eyed peas were the worst crap i've ever heard or seen.

lenny kravitz. THAT was cool.

yes, 1986 in BC. there was a salute to the upcoming Calgary Olympics

I think TOAD is a good choice.

I personally don't care for them that much but I'm glad the CFL is appealing to the younger generation.

Honestly, who can say that they are watching the Grey Cup just for the halftime show???? Anyone????

I think they will rock and blow everyones socks off!

Lenny was awesome last year! Very good choice!

I also liked the Sam Roberts / Bryan Adams combo a few years ago.

The suggestion of U2 and Celine Dion make me puke a little bit in my mouth. U2 is a huge band but I don't care for their music and I won't even get into CD.

Point is, you can't please everyone.

If it were my Grey Cup, I would have KISS at the pregame and Alice Cooper at half time but then people would complain even more.

How about the McCann dogs that they get at the Tiger Cat games? Everyone would love them!

See the thing is that the CFL doesn't benefit from whatever "name your star" here is promoting. I'd love to see how much record companies dump into the Super Bore.

never heard of the one band playing, but i know and like suzie she's very good talent cute too :slight_smile: as for Nickel back they are a good band sad thing is AM radio has killed them unfortunatly and people are getting tired of them much like Barenaked ladies

I think the Grey cup should go out and get Great Big Sea. Their music is great, and would be a good pump up for half time

Great Big Sea played at our Christmas party last year....many people left before they were done......You will never please everyone. If you want Canadian talent, The Guess Who, Neil Young, 54-40 (great partying tunes), Johnny Reid (almost Canadian), Tom Cochran, ........amongst the others mentioned previously in this forum.

Yeah, today’s (so-called) music is garbage. I’d rather listen to someone scratching a chalk-board thank you very much. I simply choose not to listen to it. Go buy yourself few good sets of earplugs and you can once again be proud to be from Vancouver, BC Canada. :lol:

54-40 is a great idea.

They have a new album that just came out and they're currently touring.

KISS and Alice Cooper…at least that combo would really grab the headlines!!! :cowboy:

Even though he is not Canadian, Tom Petty would have been a great choice. If you have ever been to a T.P. concert, you will see he has a huge demographic crossover in his fan base and everyone knows the words to his songs. He has a HUGE music catalogue and in my opinion, and I have seen over 50 major acts in my lifetime, is the most gracious and appreciative artist I have ever seen. Plus he Rocks!

He did Pemberton Fest this year and I saw him at the Gorge Amphitheatre in WA state (a most beautiful venue in the middle of nowhere), so he isn't such a snob that he won't travel.

Maybe next year.

Hey isn't ther an ex - ballerina, ex - boxer, ex - kicker , musician by the name of Troy Westwood looking for work ???

Keep in mind that HUGE bands like U2 and Kiss cost mega $$$. They gotta keep Grey Cup cost effective. I think Theory of a Deadman is a great choice. Welcome to 2008 CFL fans.

I think people are expecting too much out the halftime show. After all, shouldn't the game be the focus and not who is performing at halftime? I would say for a good performance, in most cases, a band or singer needs to have a 20 to 30 minute set. The only halftime performance that people still talk about was Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake's show in the Super Bowl, because of the "wardrobe malfunction".

they need to bring in some vionlists and Jazz musicians.

or bring in some cooler music.. like soul music :smiley: or even Barber Shop Quartet!

Baby on Board.. or how adored!

AC/DC, Led Zepplin, and Metallica.

It would never happen, but it would be cool.

Seeing as i'm not a promoter i can't speak to the cost issues of bringing in a big name but from a marketing point of view i'd have to think it adds "legitimacy" to the game. By that i don't mean that the grey cup isn't legitimate, I just mean that it shows that the event is a premiere event and is the biggest party in Canada. Now, i know that most cfl fans know this already but this for fringe fans, or people who are just watching to see the band (and some people do do that) it gives teh CFL a way to get these people familiar with the sport.

I would also have to think it adds to value of commerical time for the broadcaster.

But as i said, maybe the pros are outweighed by the cons of cost.

Seeing as i'm not a promoter i can't speak to the cost issues of bringing in a big name but from a marketing point of view i'd have to think it adds "legitimacy" to the game. By that i don't mean that the grey cup isn't legitimate, I just mean that it shows that the event is a premiere event and is the biggest party in Canada. Now, i know that most cfl fans know this already but this for fringe fans, or people who are just watching to see the band (and some people do do that) it gives teh CFL a way to get these people familiar with the sport.

I would also have to think it adds to value of commerical time for the broadcaster.

But as i said, maybe the pros are outweighed by the cons of cost.