CFL - GCC 2021 Week 2

Getting this back on topic, Maaaaaaaaax (how many As?) and nythril the only ones who picked the Lions. Good work fellas.

Looking at the game day predictions by posters on here, they better stay away from betting money on CFL games.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same thing they even posted Rourke starting on the CFL site .

If they left it up in the air game day more it might be a better look .

Usually when making picks in Football in general people check on the QB status more than anyone to influence that choice .

When a depth chart had to be made the day before, Rourke was named the starter as Reilly was unsure of the status of his arm.
It wasn't until the pre game warmup that Reilly was sure of his arm(probably after a shot)
Also
Reilly wasn't on the field when BLM threw 4 int's

Last week, the Lions named Reilly as the starter vrs SSK and had to go with Rourke at the beginning of the game as Reilly's arm was a noodle

Weird when two completely opposite opinions make perfect sense.

Altough no rules were broken I still agree with Richard that the CFL will have to make a decision regarding depth chard. Would I have voted for BC if Reilly was the starting qb? No. But I doubt Rourke would have had produced 342 yards and no interceptions.

2 Likes

Their HC is the same guy who got in a receiver
's face on the field of play and then took a diveā€¦

:roll_eyes: srsly.

Well I've seen enough to weigh in again now. Capital Dave are you the same as Big Dave of yore? Good stuff!

I'm going all homer for the remaining three. I would have missed last night's game had I made my pick including via the matter of controversy. This is why I wait sometimes too.

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Saskatchewan

I can see this perspective though donā€™t agree at all, for done properly by adults and with the right professionals and regulators involved, gambling works out just fine overwhelmingly for most players who donā€™t have a problem with addiction(s).

Multiple gambling partners would be prudent given the inevitability that comes with allegations when there is only one proverbial league horse in such a race.

If you come also from the standpoint of opposition to legalized sports gambling, well that old and mighty ship sailed for a very long time until recently.

That discussion finally is over in Canada much like in much of the rest of the world but for in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, London UK, and a few others in most especially the prior decade as sports betting is truly global and more local than ever now.

Nope, that was another dude.

But I was PTBO Dave, and Jukjeon Dave before that.

1 Like

What happened? Did you keep getting banned and have to sign on with new names? :slight_smile:

Shhh. Sully and Red havenā€™t figured it out yet.

Heh, no just keep moving away from the place I include in my name.

Big Dave was a Ti-Cat fan and as you can clearly see Capital Dave cheers for that "other team ". :anchor: :crazy_face: :grimacing:

I honestly havenā€™t seen Big Dave on here for a few years now . He used to be a regular contributor and ran the GGC for years . Hopefully all is well with him.

1 Like

Wow Calgary down again!
Losses to Toronto and now, BC (who I predicted would finish 5th out west)

I think the horses may not be as real as I was led to believe....

2-2 week 1
1-1 week 2 (so far, BC & Win won)

And again 2-0.

Okay Dave itā€™s official Iā€™m swapping out Saskatchewan and changing my pick to Hamilton .

So for the record Iā€™m going Edmonton and Hamilton in tonightā€™s doubleheader .

Thanks Dave

1 Like

bobo, youā€™ve seen the light!

1 Like

You know me Grover , I'll do anything to get a thumbs up from you . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

Besides you can't take a team seriously when their fans look like this... :watermelon: :nauseated_face:

Just imagine that the Tiger is Simoni and the watermelon is Fajardo :watermelon: :tiger:

1 Like

I'm probably too late for this. I apparently got distracted when I went to add my picks to this thread. But for the remaining two games I pick Montreal and Saskatchewan.
I would have split the previous two as I was going with Winnipeg and Calgary.