CFL Games Available in Hawaii

I thought I'd put this up for distraction...Aloha!

Canadian Football League Games to be Carried Weekly in Hawaii

CFL action on KHON CW to showcase Hawaiian native Timmy Chang, record-setting U of H local hero

Honolulu, Hawaii; Toronto, Ontario, Canada, June 28, 2007 – Canadian Football League action will be carried two nights a week starting this weekend on KHON CW, providing a showcase for Hawaii’s Timmy Chang, who plays for the CFL Hamilton Tiger Cats.

Games will be shown every Saturday night at 9:00 p.m. in Hawaii, with a second game broadcast on Thursday, Saturday or Monday. This is the first time Canadian football is provided full season coverage in Hawaii. The CFL season runs throughout the summer and wraps up with the 95th Grey Cup in Toronto on November 25.

Chang played five seasons (2000-0004) with the University of Hawaii Warriors and completed 1,388 of 2,436 passes (57.0 avg.) for 17,072 yards and 117 touchdowns, breaking the old NCAA Division I-A all-time records. Joining him in the CFL is Anthony Arceneaux, who played for Arena Football’s Hawaiian Islanders in 2003.

“We are very excited about having weekly coverage in Hawaii,? said Mark Cohon, CFL Commissioner. “Many of our talented athletes come from the United States and it's great to provide American fans with access to our Canadian brand of football.?

Canadian football has a long relationship with top U.S. collegiate athletes, as hundreds of U.S. players are included on the Canadian teams’ rosters each year. For the 2007 season, 2 out of 3 players come from U.S colleges. Many top NFL players spent their early careers in the CFL, including Joe Theismann, Doug Flutie, Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia and many others. Super Bowl coaches Marv Levy and Bud Grant also started their careers in the Canadian Football League.

“Timmy Chang gives the CFL a very strong local connection and we know our viewers will like what they see,? said Joe McNamara, President and General Manager of KHON and KHON CW. “Having games offered in prime time two nights a week gives the CW sports the kind of top quality professional anchor programming we have been seeking?

KHON CW will be supported in its marketing efforts by SIRIUS Satellite Radio, which will once again provide weekly coverage of games throughout the season. Additionally, mobile phone users can enjoy CFL Wireless WAP carried on Verizon Wireless, ATT/Cingular and Sprint.

Coverage of CFL football in Hawaii was arranged by Trajectory Sports & Media Group LLC, which has the international marketing responsibility for Canadian Football, in conjunction with Hawaii Production Partners, Inc. The New York-based company has steadily broadened the distribution of CFL games since partnering with the league in 2004.

Okay, I have "Tiny Bubbles" going in my head now. LMAO :wink:

Aloha!

Oski Wee Lei,