CFL Free Agent tracker 2019

Argos sign Walker

Being a deep threat, I hope our QB’s can throw to him.
Based on last year’s offence it was the horrendous dink and dunk show.
Same QB’s but crucially we have a new OC in Chaps, hopefully he will open up the vertical playbook.

I think it would be a big stretch to describe Calgary as “developing” Burris, since he left after a couple of years of not playing. But even if we add Burris, that still means that virtually every starting QB who has lasted any length of time in this league was recruited and developed by a different team.

Durant in Sask. Sure he had a cup of coffee in Hamilton for one training camp but then to Sask. as 4th stringer and worked his way up.

Popp got played like a violin by BLM and his agent. By the time Popp figured it out, all he could do was make offers to talented players regardless of need or position. This may allow him to conduct a trade at some point.

Yea, the Argos would have been smarter to go “all in” on bringing Trevor Harris back into the fold. I read an article yesterday in which BLM was basically calling BS on contracts with term. I sensed this a while back. If BLM didn’t sign with an NFL team, he was coming back to the Stamps. It’s where his heart is.

Correction . Durant was never in training camp with the Cats . Hamilton obtained his rights from the Renegades after they folded and subsequently traded them to the Riders as part of the Corey Holmes trade . Ironically in that same trade the Cats gave up their first pick in the dispersal draft from Ottawa who ended up being Kerry Joseph who as we all know led the Riders to a Grey Cup victory in 2007 with Durant sitting on the bench as his backup, not throwing a single pass all season.

Yes the Argos went into the FA market on an all or nothing basis with BLM.
Knowing how BLM has been on record stating he would return to Calgary, Popp should have concentrated with negotiations involving Harris from the start and there is no doubt he would have signed him instead of the Esks, also likely his very good receiver Ellingson.

“No doubt?” I don’t think so. IMO Harris was going to Edmonton as soon as the Esks knew they were losing Reilly.

As for “all or nothing,” somehow the Argos ended up signing nine FAs from other teams (at least four or five of whom figure to be starters) – some “nothing.”

Argos are flush at receiver with Walker and SJ. Envy of the league kind of stuff. Some others as good but not many better. I wish them both a healthy season ahead.

Also need to resolve the Ricky Ray issue and move forward. A better start and a competitive team to go along with the $5 beer might make BMO the place to be in 2019. We can always hope.

Including three new starting runningbacks!

820 in…Popp states Harris was already going to Edmonton before noon of Feb 14th.

hmm