CFL Fantasy Huddle Week 14

Since no-one has started the topic yet, here it goes.

Bombers @ Calgary
Edmonton @ Hamilton
Montreal @ BC Lions

[u]Quarterbacks[/u]

Ricky Ray (Edmonton Eskimos)
Henry Burris (Calgary Stampeders)
[[Anthony Calvillo (Montreal)]]

[u]Runningbacks[/u]

Robert Edwards (Montreal)
Charles Roberts (Winnipeg)
[[Troy Davis (Edmonton]]

[u]WR's[/u]

Jason Tucker (Edmonton Eskimos)
Geroy Simon (BC Lions)
[[Milt Stegall (Winnipeg)]]

[u]DL[/u]

Brent Johnson (BC Lions)
Anwar Stewart (Montreal)
[[Gavin Walls (Winnipeg)]]

[u]LB[/u]

Singor Mobley (Edmonton Eskimos)
Barrin Simpson (Winnipeg Blue Bombers)
[[Kevin Eiben (Toronto)]]

[u]DB[/u]

Korey Banks (BC Lions)
Barron Miles (BC Lions)
[[Clifford Ivory (Toronto)]]

[u]K[/u]

Sandro De'Angelis (Calgary Stampeders)

QB
Ray
Burris
Benched - Calvillo

RB
Reynolds
Roberts
Benched - Edwards

WR
Tucker
Simon
Benched - Lewis

DL
Abdullah
Johnson
Benched - Maxie

LB
Clark
Glatt
Benched - Simpson

DB
Young
Banks
Benched - Morgan

K
DeAngelis
Benched - Prefontaine

Thanks EskTMac.

By the way, I'd like to remind everyone I'd like you to post the names of your benched players. It makes it simpler for me to edit the spreadsheet.

QB:
Hank Burris (Cgy)
Dave Dickenson (BC)
Damon Allen (TO)-benched

RB:
Joffrey Reynold (Cgy)
Joe Smith (BC)
C. Roberts (Win)-Benched

SB/WR:
Jermaine Copeland (Cgy)
Nik Lewis (Cgy)
Geroy Simon (BC) -benched

DL:
Rahim Abdullah (Cgy)- benched
Demetrious Maxie (Cgy)
Terrance Patrick (Cgy)

LB:
Barrin Simpson (Win)
John Grace (Cgy)
Khalid Abdullah (Cgy)-benched

DB:
J.(Coby) Rhinehart (Cgy)
Jermaine Chatman (Cgy)
Crance Clemons (Cgy) - Benched

Kickers:
Sandro DeAngelis (Cgy)
Prefontaine (Tor) - Benched

QB
Burris Cal
Calvillo Mtl
bench Joseph Sk

RB
Roberts Win
Reynolds Cal
bench Keith Sk

WR/SB
Tucker Edm
Simon BC
bench Dominguez Sk

DL
Johnson BC
Cheatwood Ham
bench Perry Sk

LB
Grace Cal
Eiben Tor
bench Hunt Sk

DB
Frank Edm
Karikari Mtl
bench Bush Sk

K
DeAngelis Cal
bench Prefontaine Tor

I just realized if Grace sits again, I might get abso-freakin-lutely nothing from my LB's this week..... smart is me....

qb
glenn
burris

rb

1. roberts
  2. reynolds

rec

1. stegall
  2. simon

dl

1. gavin walls
    2.brent johnson

lb

1. barrin simpson
  2. glatt

db

1. samuels
  2. korey banks

k

1. westwood

Ok then. Starting next week, I will ignore the picks of participants not writing the names of their benched players. I'm freakin' tired of asking for it every week. If you don't read the posts in the threads you participate in, that will be your problem. I bust my ass to get you your weekly results all the time. I can't see why you could not take the extra 10 seconds to post your whole team.

Next week, it'll be a 0 for you.

http://www.pharmacyseek.com/images/meds/valium.jpg

QB
D. Dickenson
A. Calvillo
(ALT R. Ray)

RB
R. Edwards
J. Reynolds
(ALT J. Ranek )

WR
G. Simon
B. Cahoon
(Alt Copeland )

DL
A. Stewart
B. Johnson
(ALT F Perry )

LB
Grace
Strickland
(ALT K. Eiban)

DB
K. Banks
R. Karikari
(ALT C. Ivory )

K
DeAngelas
(ALT Prefontaine)

QB's :
Anthony Calvillo
Henry Burris
(Ricky Ray)

RB's:
Charles Roberts
Joffrey Renoylds
(Kenton Keith)

WR's
Milt Stegall
Geroy Simon
(Jason Tucker)

DL's:
Brett Johnson
Gavin Walls
(Fred Perry)

LB:
Kevin Eiben
Barrin Simpson
(Jackie Mitchell)

DB's
Baron Miles
Richard Karikari
(Korey Banks)

K's
Sandro De'Angelis
(Sean Fleming)

Thanks R&W. I needed that. The humour, I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

whoah there third, calm down a little. sorry for not reading pages and pages of everyones picks prior to posting my team. the only reason i noticed this smack on the wrist was because i wanted to double check that my team posted properly. what is the big deal with the benched players anyways. i don't mind including them but i can't see how it affects anything. 0 points eh for not posting the players not playing. interesting. maybe before giving people zeros you may want to let them know thrugh a pm. if it is just me you're griping about i got the message.
I would say redandwhite got it right with his response.

qb
glenn
burris
bench dickenson

rb

1. roberts
  2. reynolds
    bench edwards

rec

1. stegall
  2. simon
    bench bruce

dl

1. gavin walls
  2. brent johnson
    bench perry

lb

1. barrin simpson
  2. glatt
    bench grace
    db
  3. samuels
  4. korey banks
    bench eddie davis

k

1. westwood
    bench duval

feel better now?

Picks for week 14:

QBs
1.Henry Burris
2.Jason Maas
(3.Anthony Calvillo)

RBs
1.Corey Holmes
2.Charles Roberts
(3.Kenton Keith)

WRs
1.Geroy Simon
2.Jermaine Copeland
(3.Ben Cahoon)

DLs
1 Brent Johnson
2.Tim Cheatwood
(3.Fred Perry)

LBs
1.Otis Floyd
2.Barrin Simpson
(3. Jackie Mitchell)

DBs
1.Korey Banks
2.Jason Goss
(3.Eddie Davis)

K
Paul McCallum
(Sean Fleming)

yo sambo, just to let you know sask doesnt play this week..so i would take keith and jackie mitchell out, just making sure you know cause you will lose points.

grrrrr......were you beaten by other kids in high school for telling the teacher to give homework on weekends, too??

blackdale,

Sorry if I blew a fuse. But it just got really frustrating that people never seem to collaborate when you ask for the smallest details.

I'll tell you why I ask for the benched players.

There are 8 teams, and about 15 players or so in each team were selected. Which means I have to calculate the score for 120 players per week.

There are 25 participants in this pool. Each have 20 players. That means there are 500 fields to fill in my "Participants" spreadsheet.

Can you imagine what it would be like to rewrite each player's points in each participant's field every week?

And then, add up al the weekly field of each player to get it's weekly score. And then add it up to that participant's total. And then rank them from the highest to the lowest. Etc.

That would be nonsense. I did it the first week Eskimo32001 ask me to fill in for him and it took me about 8 hours.

So I built this gigantic spreadsheet in which all the fantasy points of a player are automatically transfered in the pool of each participant who has him. For instance, when I write 251 points in Ricky Ray's line, under the Week 8 column, everyone who has Ricky Ray gets 251 points for week 8.

But then, since we don't play all of our 20 players, I need to manually erase the data on the line of each player you benched. Because otherwise, you'd get the score for the 20 players on your team.

Then the spreadsheet calculate all by itself the weekly and overall total and orders them.

Now when we all dropped players and added new one on week 11, I had to add lines for new players in each participant's pool, but leave the ones that were dropped. Because if I erased the lines of the ones you dropped, the spreadsheet would have lost the points they brough you from week 1 to week 10.

Which means there are now 26 players names in each participant's pool: the 13 you play, the 7 you bench and the 6 you dropped after week 10.

So now with your question: Why is it so important that I know who you bench?

That's because if I know who is benched, I can just erase the weekly value that would otherwise automatically be added for that player by the spreadsheet.

However, if you just tell me who you play, I must navigate through the list of 26 players and make deductions to know who is benched among the active, inactive and formerly dropped players.

And that is just longer to do.

So if I already take time to give this game some wings by tallying everything up - especially in a week like this one when I have sooooooo many other things to do - I expect my CFL.ca friends to do that very little thing that will help me get through it faster: identify the benched players.

Thank you for your understanding.

I know that , but the other team that is out is Winnipeg and I have Keith and Roberts at RB, and Simspon and Mitchell at LB. I have to leave either of those in my picks.

Oops, I read the teams wrong , thanks StadwOn306

that was a eloquent response. thanks for the work you put into it. there is a much simpler way to do this though, but i need to run so that is for another time.