CFL Expansion?

hypothetically, if we were to expand to the states, what city would it be? i personally think it would be Rochester.

Rochester does have a brand new stadium that can easily be expanded to 25-30,000 seats and the soccer team that it was built for, is in serious financial trouble and is in danger of folding.

These are my top 5 in order
1.Ottawa
2.Halifax
3.Quebec City
4.Rochester
5.Portland

The west needs another city of 300, 000+. Possibly London could play in the west.

Since you already have one American team, would you be open to Portland Oregon being the US representative in the West?

hell why not it's just an expansion thread. portland moves up to 5.

heres the 2015 CFL standings

West

1.Calgary Stampeders 16-2
2.Winnipeg Blue Bombers 14-4
3.BC Lions 11-7
4.Saskatchewan Roughriders 9-9
5.Edmonton Eskimos 7-11
6.Portland Rampage 4-14

East
1.Hamilton Tiger-Cats 13-5
2.Montreal Allouettes 11-7
3. Rochester Patriots 9-9
4. Atlantic Scooners 7-11
5. Ottawa Renegades 5-13
6. Toronto Argonauts 3-15

There is already a hockey team in Dubai called the Dubai Mighty Camels.

Just a thought.

http://www.dubaimightycamels.com/images/icon2.GIF

Two points…

Firstly, don’t know about you guys but I feel that the CFL should remain a 100% Canadian league. It’s our game. I don’t want to see what happened to hockey happen to Canadian Football. Hockey has been basterdized and Americanized. It’s no longer OUR game. It’s hypocritical to “say no to the NFL in Toronto” while establishing teams in the states. We don’t need them nor should we want them. This is a uniquely Canadian institution and should remain that way. Maybe it’s just me.

Secondly, in my opinion there’s no question the next 2 markets to receive franchises should be Ottawa and Quebec City. Honestly I don’t understand why people talk about Saskatoon. We all know the Riders aren’t Regina’s team, they’re Saskatchewan’s team.

1. Chatenooga Choo-Chooes
  2. Albequerque Rattlers
  3. Boise Red Russetts
  4. Salt Lake Mormen
  5. San Antonio Lone Stars
  6. Reno Vationers
  7. Roanoke Rebels
  8. Worcester Shiers

vulcan vaporizers
klingon klang
orion oreos
Romulus Romans

I'ld like to see Football Teams in Hamilton and Edmonton.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Best post in the whole darn thread! :thup: :thup: :thup:

if you increase the height of the endzone bowls in PEPS you could easily make it a 25,000 seater. Or hopefully Halifax/Moncton lands a commonwealth games sometime in the next decade.

re- FootbalYouBet
we could make a deal with England, we join their football league if they join ours.---------- are you talking Expansion into Europe? IMO a euroCFL division could work, CFL would be More Popular there than the NFL is.-

how do you figure that CFL would do better than NFL in Europe??

Since Ottawa looks set to be in, and i'm reliably informed that Windsor is becoming a ghost town due to the slowdown in manufacturing, Quebec City would be the next target i'd think.

I like the idea of Portland though, but I guess they'd have to wait until both Ottawa and Quebec have CFL-standard stadiums fixed up or built. Otherwise there'd be a 6-4 deficit in favor of West teams until QC comes in, and Winnipeg would have to move east again....

re-FootbalYouBet
how do you figure that CFL would do better than NFL in Europe?? ------------- CFL football is closer to soccer and rugby than nfl, imo The kicking rules, and flow of the game Etc etc-

first, you should learn how to click on the quote button.

CFL football is at most, 1% closer to soccer and rugby than NFL. Both are so far from soccer as for the difference to make no difference, and so far from rugby as to make little difference. You delude yourself if you think any british football fan will therefore be interested in either brand of North American football because of any remote connection to soccer. As for rugby fans, if they like any N.A. football, it will have nothing to do with any perceived similarities between the games, other than the hitting.

The NFL markets a world wide appeal and familiarity, while the CFL barely markets enough at home.

Agreed. Europeans are used to sports with fewer interruptions and I think the shorter play-clock would help be more accepted if they were each compared on their own merits (in other words, taking away hype, name recognition, etc).

DONT YOU THINK CANADA AS A TOTAL MARKET HAS ENOUGH TEAMS?ISNT THE TEAMS LOCATED AT THE MAJOR POPULATION BASES?I THINK THIS IS BIG AS THE LEAGUE COULD GET UNLESS IT CAME BACK INTO THE USA WITH A FEW TEAMS