CFL Draft

so, who are some promising prospects this year? who do you think will be the first overall pick? are there any QB's that can maybe start one day? i know this is one of the deepest QB classes in a while, with Sacobie and the kid from St. Mary's and Regina. Are there any Jesse Lumsden's this year?

Lets wait until we get the free agency out of the way first. But I think we will see the name Keith Shologan mentioned a lot as the number 1 pick.
QB Josh Sacobie has the tools IMO if a team will take the time to develop him, but there is no incentive to do so.
Glavic of St. Mary's is still a Junior I believe.
There's only one Jesse Lumsden. lol

i would like to see the ticats pick John Makie

#7 - John Makie
John Makie

Position:
QB
Weight:
215 Province:
SK Elig. Yr:
Yr.:
Biography:

ACCUMULATED STATISTICS
PASSING
Player GP COMP ATT YDS AVG/A AVG/G TD INT LG SACKS SACKYDS
John Makie 8 205 337 2912 8.64 364.00 18 8 75 11 71

RUSHING
Player GP ATT YDS AVG/A AVG/G TD LG
John Makie 8 22 28 1.27 3.50 1 7

and --
Ryean Warburton
Position:
REC DOB:

Height:
6'0" Hometown:
Hamilton Course:
Comm.
Weight:
Province:
ON Elig. Yr:
Yr.:
Biography:

ACCUMULATED STATISTICS
PASSING
Player GP COMP ATT YDS AVG/A AVG/G TD INT LG SACKS SACKYDS
Ryean Warburton 8 1 1 17 17.00 2.13 1 0 17 0 0

RECEIVING
Player GP NO YDS AVG/A AVG/G TD LG
Ryean Warburton 8 30 332 11.07 41.50 1 27

DEFENSE
Player GP TOT T SOLO T ASS T S BRKUP FF FR INT INT(yds) LG TD
Ryean Warburton 8 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

PUNT RETURN
Player GP NO YDS AVG TD LG
Ryean Warburton 8 23 114 4.96 0 19

KICK RETURN
Player GP NO YDS AVG TD LG
Ryean Warburton 8 1 0 0.00 0 0

here's a list of Canadians in the NCAA, any of them declared for the CFL draft or projected future stars?

http://www.tsn.ca/ncaa/feature/?fid=9929&hubname=

heres the list

I can pretty much guarantee he's not going to get drafted simply because he's too old. I actually played minor football with him and he's at least 2 years older than me, and I turn 24 this year.

Good player, but like many CIS players by the time he graduates he's too old to be given a shot.

Is there a CIS list out yet?

CFL.ca go to "Events", "Canadian Draft" and then "Eligible players".

Thanks DB. Man, that's a long list. And I kind of wish they'd give you more info about them. Maybe it's too soon?

speaking of the cfl draft, where is it being held this year, my friends dad made a joke that the CFL picks a different fast food restaurant every year to host the draft.

I read somewhere its suppose to be at the U of T's bubble. The same place as last year sometime in March.
It would be nice to see each CFL city get a turn, but I can see Toronto being the easier place to travel to and then back home again.
I have my confidential guess list, lol, on the approximately 50 players who will be invited. The first thirty or so is fairly easy, after that there's a lot of either or's who will be late round picks, if at all. Throw in the dozen or so NCAA Juniors who can't come to the camp and you have your 48 picks.
There's always a few surprises. A few guys that are highly rated in college drop off the list after the Pros work them out.

I look forward to Duane Forde's forcast. He seems to be a good evaluator.

is it open to the public?

The on field actual workouts should be. Some of the initial testing goes on in the Hotel though.

tim st pierre
jeff zelinski
ryean warburton

from st marys have been recruited to the evaluation camp.

personally all 3 of those guys have a shot at the CFL, especially zelinski and st. pierre.

also adam rogers OL from acadia i think is one of the best Olinemen available at the draft. He is a 4-time allstar and i believe a 2 time all canadian? if your a conference allstar olinemen as a freshmen.. that says a lot too.

...crud, I thought this thread was about a new league-endorsed beer....

You might have got your wish if the Steelbacks owner bought Ottawa! :lol: :lol:

I don't think Glavic from St. Mary's is eligible, but even if he was, he wouldn't be at the camp. He is recovering from his ACL surgery that will take him almost untill training camp for SMU.

He'll probably go pretty high though.

has anyone thought about ucla QB patrick cowan? he wont be eligible this year, but next year he'll graduate.

cowan was born in vancouver and moved to california when he was 4. this makes him eligible as a non-import! great QB.

I don't believe either of the UCLA Cowan's are eligible for non-import status. Both born in BC but the family moved to Calyfornya before the boys had the necessary 5 years in Canada.