CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

He also had a couple of punt returns.
The game was terrible. I think Cornelius finely played his way off the team. Tre Ford had a better game than his stats show. There were at least 3 dropped passes and another pass that the receiver didn't even look for the ball. He should have been 11 of 14 and he is slick on the scramble. He did throw a rookie interception trying to make too much out of nothing.
They also had a player (DL Kingsley Opara) taken off the field on a gurney straight to the hospital. He did give a small thumbs up on the way off.

The best part of the night was the Shumka Dancers at half time and the money raised for the Ukrainian refugees. Ticket sales of 32,000 and $39,000 from the 50/50 going to aid Ukrainian refuges in Canada and Europe.

Slava Ukraini
Heroiam Slava

6 Likes

I do not know about you guys but I kind of enjoyed reading this article. :smile:

4 Likes

Marshall made the final roster in Edmonton.

1 Like

So Calgary who's punter averaged 49.7 yrds on 7 punts with a long of 57 yrds in their second pre-season game made a trade to get another punter.
Saskatchewan Roughriders trade punter James Smith to Calgary Stampeders - 3DownNation
Some teams are just never happy.

One of those punters is not like the other (I think Calgary traded for the guy who could still punt). While one punter punts the other will likely head to the IR for a while. At least that's what I've read about the situation so far. We'll find out more tommorrow I'm sure.

2 Likes

...and here we were being led to believe it was performance based. :thinking:

So in the Strangeness of the Ratio Category

Both Rourke and O'Connor don't count as Canadian for the 21 man roster because they are QBs. However they do count as Canadian for the starting 7 Canadians.

Lions-Depth-and-Roster-WEEK-1-EDM.pdf (d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net)

Stanback wasn't the only casualty of note after last night's game. BLM is in a walking boot today: Stampeders' QB Bo Levi Mitchell wearing a walking boot following injury, status for Week 2 uncertain - 3DownNation

Perfect way for Maier to get some reps without a controversy and a big step up for Tommy Stevens as well. BLM is the starter when healthy.

Stamps showed some good fight to stay in the game and get the two points. They'll be okay regardless of QB.

1 Like

Are you sure about that?
I ask because that depth chart appears to show 7 NAT starters, not counting Rourke.

According to the "Letter to the fans" from Randy Ambrosie the roster changes happen in 2023. It's hard to notice because it's on a separate line.

Ok I count
Lokombo, Williams, Betts, Godber, Chungh, Cottoy and Rourke as the starting seven. You can't count the FB because when he's on the field he replaces one of the SB

Is that not what you see.

Glenn Suitor should be disqualified from broadcasting SSK games.

4 Likes

Totally agree!

2 Likes

Tough news for Dan Clark and the Riders, but at least he was able to get fixed-up quickly: Longtime Riders' OL Dan Clark suffers broken fibula, undergoes successful surgery - 3DownNation

OMG
Glen Suiter to the Hall of Fame

Canadian Football Hall of Fame welcomes distinguished class of 2022 - CFL.ca

1 Like

Ugh! The CFL House of Shame is more appropo!

1 Like

Hmmmm.....Paul McCallum into the HOF. I guess the great fans of Saskatchewan will be showing up to dump manure in front of the stage during his induction speech. Yep, greatest fans in the CFL!!!!

2 Likes

Good news, Dane!
The Day 2 Injury Report, for this eeek's game, shows Jeffcoat didn't participate.

Great. Now he won't have to worry about his blind spot and instead he can stare down Jefferson right before he gets smothered. :stuck_out_tongue: